TCF Suggestion I have a suggestion for the status update things

So it annoys me whenever I have to put a message in a comment because it reaches 420 characters(actually not big deal) so I thought why not increase that and at 420 characters, why not put a read more thing so it isn’t like 5,000 words long and it blocks all the others, I just think that would be better then adding loads of comments(that do increase length too)
Hope this can be changed, but if it isn’t, not a big deal

So it annoys me whenever I have to put a message in a comment because it reaches 420 characters(actually not big deal) so I thought why not increase that and at 420 characters, why not put a read more thing so it isn’t like 5,000 words long and it blocks all the others, I just think that would be better then adding loads of comments(that do increase length too)
Hope this can be changed, but if it isn’t, not a big deal
Hi there Grey, sometimes the limit is bothersome, I agree. However, if the character limit is set too high then there may be performance issues. And if we can see examples from members' signatures and forum game posts, it's very likely that an increased character limit would be used and abused often enough for it to cause problems.

It’s still pretty funny that it’s 420 tho. But could it be increased to let’s say… 500? Maybe that would be better, because it’s not that much more and would allow more space In messages. And if it’s 420 for other things, why is it 400,000 for threads like Roleplays and Games?

It’s still pretty funny that it’s 420 tho. But could it be increased to let’s say… 500? Maybe that would be better, because it’s not that much more and would allow more space In messages. And if it’s 420 for other things, why is it 400,000 for threads like Roleplays and Games?
It’s true that some sections of the forum (Forum Games especially) likely don’t need as many characters as the max allows right now. That’s something that may be looked into.

Discussion threads are the place for long and robust discussion though - not on profile posts. Some very detailed and wonderful suggestions, guides, mod threads, or other analyses of the game benefit from the large character max, and that’s what it’s there for. Not for someone to spam out the entire script from The Bee Movie for all the lawls.

The fact that the limit was sought after, reached, and posted by means of spamming the forum until it broke in the Forum Game section just proves my earlier point - that a larger limit on profile posts may likely lead to its abuse. This is why we can’t have nice things sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom