I have decided to create an "AMA," as it were.

Adalicia

The Destroyer
My sincerest apologies!

This thread is not what you thought it was. It's worse!

I decided that l'd make an effort to sound more approachable than I normally am, so please bear with me if I am acting strangely! Because I am!
And I know it!

There may be questions about circumstances or events I may decline to comment on, in the event that this happens, I will meep you.
Or I will write something that has no correlation to the question asked, and deem it consummated.

Questions about myself and my family I will definitely decline answering, such as:
- Is it difficult to fly?
- Why do you try to bite people?
- Is your face horribly disfigured?
- Do you enjoy living with spiders as large as you are?
- Do you enjoy the color red, or does it...make you see red?
- What is it like to live in a cave with a bunch of glowing hearts everywhere?
- Do you personally feel pain when one of them is destroyed?
- Is the giant brain your boss, or your father? Or your boss father?
- Is the giant brain named Brian?
- How do you feel about being considered a part of the world's evil?
- Why, in rare cases do you ally yourself with unicorns and fairies?

...And most questions of this nature. Though, if you  really want to know, I  may decide to answer them.

So with the ratios of ham sandwiches to lima beans firmly grasped in the nature of the void's sauce, you may ask questions, beginning...

Now (。Д°)ン

But please remember, no bicycles.🚳

...How old do you think me be?
My age may not be listed, but I am only a year or two from legal drinking age, be it above or below.

Do you ever watch cartoon shows? Even if they’re intended for children or teens?
Not usually. To add, I usually don't watch any television at all.

If I watch a cartoon, it is anime. I have been in the U.S. long enough to be aware of the existence of "Cartoon Network," but art direction and style is very important to me. As I dislike how two-dimensional "CN's" style generally is, I refrain from anything shown there.

The studios who I have watched shows from are three:

- Kyoto Animation
- Ufotable
- Studio Madhouse

Short answer: Yes, I do.

How long have you been drawing for, and what it your favorite medium to draw in? (i.e. pencil and paper, digital, crayon, etc.)

How long have you been drawing for, and what it your favorite medium to draw in? (i.e. pencil and paper, digital, crayon, etc.)
I haven't. Not yet, at least.

This is what makes this sort of explanation so difficult. I have said before that I am a beginner, and I meant what I said. It was not cheap humility.

I assume that this question is asking: "How long have you made a concerted effort to learn to draw, and have been studying it?"

This is the question I answered with "I haven't. Not yet, at least."

I do not consider my early attempts at drawing to count as my starting point, because otherwise, I have been "drawing" since I could hold a crayon to the wall.

I soon realized that my wall drawings were absolutely rubbish. This disheartened me, and I discontinued any form of "drawing" until recently.
It could be said that I "drew" within this timeframe, but it was all still rubbish, produced few and far between in the margins of papers that should not have been drawn on, or in the old drawing pads that seemed to be perennial gifts at birthdays.

Granted, not all of the drawings were absolutely rubbish, they simply were, until they were not.

Terrible portfolio time!
Capture+_2022-05-05-21-42-30.png

This was the picture that I so detested that I stopped drawing. I do not have an accurate date this was drawn, nor what chronological order
-any- of these pictures are in with the exception that this picture came before any other one I shall post here.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-39-03.png

A very old tree. More trees to come.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-39-48.png

What a masterpiece. It is nothing but lineart, and a waste of a page.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-39-59.png

I remember I drew this near immediately after the lineart tree.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-42-02.png

Another tree. You have now seen 4/5ths*of all the drawings of trees I have ever produced!

*final tree not included.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-42-15.png

Need a hand? Drawings of this sort are a bodyblow, or are at least, very nearly.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-40-24.png

An redition of "hamtarou." I never remember that I used to watch this show until I leaf back through this book.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-40-09.png

...I don't know, things "happened." This is definitely the worst* sephiroth I have ever drawn.

*it is also the "only," so by that admission it is also the  best sephiroth I have ever drawn.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-39-21.png

Eye drew something. This is not necessarily newer than my other drawing already shown.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-13-22.png

This was typical of me. I drew this in an old notebook. Thus, this sketch is ringed by old math problems, miscellaneous phone numbers, video game data, and a recipe for muffins.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-40-54.png

This again, is very normal to see leafing through the pages of my old books. That, or large gaps of empty space.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-40-38.png

Ehh.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-41-10.png

They say cheese gets better with age, but this still looks the same.

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-41-27.png

I thought this was funny, I guess?

Capture+_2022-05-05-21-41-45.png

This is my last demo picture.

Moving on, all of these are the extent of my drawing practice. I never studied shapes, coloration, perspective, composition, materials what have you.

I was, and still am, someone who simply draws what I wish at my leisure. I have had no formal training in drawing, not even in school, as it was not required.

In terms of digital art, you have already seen most everything I have drawn. There are perhaps two pictures I have done digitally you have not seen. Only two. The picture and sketch of Akatsuki for Aurora3500, the bunnygirl sketch, my previous profile pictures, they are my first foray into art on a digital medium.

I am very much a non-artist. I have an -intention- to learn how to draw, but have not embarked on this endeavor.

If you ask me to describe myself in relation to drawing, I will give myself the title of "noodle-er."

You also asked about mediums.

I have generally only used a mechanical pencil.
For digital art, I use a stylus I bought for fifty cents.

Which do I prefer?
Pencil, simply because my workspace is much larger.
My workspace for digital art is a two inch by four and one half inch screen, so it is cumbersome.

My apologies for the length of this reply, I will endeavor to keep them shorter in the future.

Questions about myself and my family I will definitely decline answering, such as:
- Is it difficult to fly?
- Why do you try to bite people?
- Is your face horribly disfigured?
- Do you enjoy living with spiders as large as you are?
- Do you enjoy the color red, or does it...make you see red?
- What is it like to live in a cave with a bunch of glowing hearts everywhere?
- Do you personally feel pain when one of them is destroyed?
- Is the giant brain your boss, or your father? Or your boss father?
- Is the giant brain named Brian?
- How do you feel about being considered a part of the world's evil?
- Why, in rare cases do you ally yourself with unicorns and fairies?
I don't see why people in general would ask that kind of question. Though, it's some interesting questions to answer.

Anyway, to the questioning part. What's your top favorite anime? We may be allies (or not), it depends on your taste.

Perhaps "nichijou" by kyoto animation?
It ranks in my top spot for the comedy genre at least.

the ability to synchronize with others.

This would allow me to understand others and what they hold dear the way that they themselves understand it, as well as the reverse:
Allowing others to understand me and what I believe in the way I believe it.

Yes.

You did not ask what it was however, so if that interests you, then simply ask a more directed question.

What's your favorite video game genre in theory, and what is it in actuality? Does it differ more than you expected?

What's your favorite video game genre in theory, and what is it in actuality? Does it differ more than you expected?

I may not understand your question, how are you defining the term "in theory?"

My favourite genre is without a doubt "Role-Playing-Games," provided they are -not- occidental. Those, I care not for.

I do not understand the difference between "in theory" and "in actuality." As it is a preference, there is nothing to theorize about. As such, I will say there is no difference for me to either have suspected or been suprised by.

I may not understand your question, how are you defining the term "in theory?"

My favourite genre is without a doubt "Role-Playing-Games," provided they are -not- occidental. Those, I care not for.

I do not understand the difference between "in theory" and "in actuality." As it is a preference, there is nothing to theorize about. As such, I will say there is no difference for me to either have suspected or been suprised by.
Sorry, my brain tends to assume everyone knows what I know. :D
While I'm not Zparks, I believe that, in this case, "in theory" means which you like most as an idea.
That's exactly what I mean. What's a game genre that, in theory, you should like, but don't actually?

What was the thing you invented, and what did it do?

It was:
A modified slingshot.

What it did:
Shoot fireballs.

How it worked:
The slingshot was built with the concept of a "zappo" in mind. To explain, a "zappo" is a electrical lighter that sets things ablaze by electric current. This current, on the slingshot, is connecting between the prongs where the shot will fly when released.

The shots that are fired are primarily ball-bearings for weight. This is nestled inside of a cottonball. Afterward, this ball-bearing cottonball is coated and soaked in petroleum and optionally, a small amount of dish soap.

When you fire the shot, it bursts into flame when it touches the current it flies through when released.

It is best to wear gloves when handling the cottonball-bearings.

While I'm not Zparks, I believe that, in this case, "in theory" means which you like most as an idea.

I see.

Thank you for your assistance, Sylbus.
With that understanding, I still state that "Role-Playing-Games" are my favourite genre in "theory" and application.

Sorry, my brain tends to assume everyone knows what I know. :D

That's exactly what I mean. What's a game genre that, in theory, you should like, but don't actually?

You need not apologize, for we as humans may only know what we have learned, and that experience is how we interact with the world. It is also for this reason I answered Lapis Lazuli's question this way:
If you could have only one superpower, what would it be?
the ability to synchronize with others.

This would allow me to understand others and what they hold dear the way that they themselves understand it, as well as the reverse:
Allowing others to understand me and what I believe in the way I believe it.

To answer your question, competitive games. Not necessarily a genre, simply games that have me compete. I understand competition is good, but I don't feel good about winning by forcing another to lose.

In some cases, I may feel this way even when simply fighting the computer. Monster Hunter Rise is an example of this. I am saddened when I kill one of the monsters.

...It is heartbreaking to see something die despite giving everything it has to survive. I understand that it is a game, but it still bothers me. I tend to capture everything alive for this reason.

...It is heartbreaking to see something die despite giving everything it has to survive. I understand that it is a game, but it still bothers me. I tend to capture everything alive for this reason.
That is honestly very adorable and I completely empathize with you. :D

Have you ever learned how to play an instrument, and if you have, was it the instrument you wanted to learn?

That is honestly very adorable and I completely empathize with you. :D

Have you ever learned how to play an instrument, and if you have, was it the instrument you wanted to learn?
I am... understanding of the piano?
While I can "play" it, I would pity anyone who was forced to listen to my practicing.

Aside from this, while I do wish to become proficient with this instrument, I have others that I wish to learn as well, such as the violin, the flute, the oboe, and the base guitar.

Back
Top Bottom