PC I have finished a worthy base!

wheatums310

Terrarian
http://forum.strats.co/t/new-oriental-style-base/7469?u=wheatums

It only took me 18 hours of building, not including looking at bases on these forums and gathering mats
24ef41c4361ba151e95809a35b1b13b447fe5a16_1_690x388.png

Pretty cool.

Stuff like this and working on bases make me wonder why these sorts of games never have better tools for making buildings. Placing things one block at a time always seems kind of crazy. Sure you can speed up placement some, but there's nothing that lets you copy/paste similar features or make a design and then have the actual construction automated.

Edit: In my mind the base should have fishing areas for every surface biome at least. Doesn't look like it has that. Also, I always have a gazillion chests since I throw almost nothing out (except dirt past filling a chest with dirt and another with mud).

Edit: In my mind the base should have fishing areas for every surface biome at least. Doesn't look like it has that. Also, I always have a gazillion chests since I throw almost nothing out (except dirt past filling a chest with dirt and another with mud).
Yeah, the fishing idea sounds good - gonna have to add those. I'm with ya on the chests, I've got about fifty in one of the rooms in the blueish tower.

I should show you one of mine later ;) it took my HOURS of building, but in my honest opinon bases that you can look at and say "I did a good job here" are needed in terraria worlds :> I also have a mad obsession with building....

The reason there's no mass construction option is that it would be useful for a lot more than just base construction. Mass construction in the Underworld would cause all kinds of stickyness when dealing with lava coming off of freshly mined hellstone, just as one example.

Thanks for reminding me that no matter hard I try at making nice bases, they look like crap compared to people who can really design u_u

Wish I could see it with a bit more detail, though.

What kinds of blocks did you use to build this greatness (mainly the green and red blocks)? Also, if that's a small arena on the left, that's absolutely genius!

The reason there's no mass construction option is that it would be useful for a lot more than just base construction. Mass construction in the Underworld would cause all kinds of stickyness when dealing with lava coming off of freshly mined hellstone, just as one example.

That's easy enough to manage. Have a mechanism do the construction -- technically one block at a time (done in maybe bursts of 10+ blocks/items placed rapidly one after another every time it is ticked). If the block can't be placed or gets destroyed because of changes, then that's what happen. Or make it so it can't displace existing blocks and you have to clear the area manually (or with a separate device).

Stuff like this and working on bases make me wonder why these sorts of games never have better tools for making buildings. Placing things one block at a time always seems kind of crazy. Sure you can speed up placement some, but there's nothing that lets you copy/paste similar features or make a design and then have the actual construction automated.
That's easy enough to manage. Have a mechanism do the construction -- technically one block at a time (done in maybe bursts of 10+ blocks/items placed rapidly one after another every time it is ticked). If the block can't be placed or gets destroyed because of changes, then that's what happen. Or make it so it can't displace existing blocks and you have to clear the area manually (or with a separate device).

Forget in-game utilities, you want a map editor.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Map_viewers

Looks amazing!, but no traps or anything for event enemies?( i have a small deathtrap fortress.)
And i agree, that small arena on the left looks great!!

Back
Top Bottom