I lost my character after an update !!!!!

Mrnuggets

Terrarian
I play terrari on my Samsung galaxy tablet and when I played it today this morning, it downloaded some files and after that when i got to the loading screen my old character was gone!!!!! and it said to make a new one. Btw I save all my stuff on local and not cloud. Anways I havnt made a new character yet so I dont know if my world data is gone as well. Please help!!!!! Will I be able to recover???

Is there nothing I can do then????? So my save files are gone??? BTW believe there was an update prior to me playing since it was downloading files!! Any way i can stop this from happening in the future??? Cause i really dont want to start all over again

If possible, keep backups. It's really the only thing you can do to guarantee you'll be safe after a power or device failure and whatnot.

You will have to find where Terraria keeps its save files on your phone using a file explorer.
Then, create a new folder somewhere and copy the files from the Terraria saves directory to the newly made folder.
If you lose your current save files, just copy the ones you saved in the other folder to the Terraria saves folder.

Also, Terraria has 2 kinds of save files, one for worlds and one for characters, be sure to back them both up.

Calm down with the punctuation, please!!!!!!

So, is that tablet the only thing you can use terraria on? or do you have a pc?

Sorry tablet, anways anyone know how to make back up save files of terraria on android?? I know on pc u can copy and paste the world and player save files

Sorry tablet, anways anyone know how to make back up save files of terraria on android?? I know on pc u can copy and paste the world and player save files
Exactly like I said before.
You open your file explorer, find the files, copy them into a new folder, enjoy.

Hey at least your game will open mine goes straight to black screen then the "unfortunately" report

Yh the :red: that posted that link to type into google, plz try it urself!!! They give u advice for something else
[DOUBLEPOST=1417843842][/DOUBLEPOST]zimberzimber I tried that, but i cant find the world or player.sav files anywhere. The only terrarai file is a cache and it is empty

My world an character is still here, but all I find via file explorer is an empty cache file. That's the same situation.

Where exactly is the world and character file? Do I need to root it? Where in the root is the files?

HA!! YES!! You have to root it!! You bunch of fools for not telling us! WHAT IS THE POINT OF TELLING US TO COPY A FILE WHEN YOU DIDN'T TELL US WHERE TO FIND IT!?!?!? pLEASE BE LUCID NEXT TIME! NO ONE IN THE INTERNET CAN HELP ME,

HA!! YES!! You have to root it!! You bunch of fools for not telling us! WHAT IS THE POINT OF TELLING US TO COPY A FILE WHEN YOU DIDN'T TELL US WHERE TO FIND IT!?!?!? pLEASE BE LUCID NEXT TIME! NO ONE IN THE INTERNET CAN HELP ME,
How about you speak in a more appropriate manner?
People are helping in any way they can, so shut up and don't whine about it.

Back
Top Bottom