Texture Pack I made a texture pack that only replaces the female "ouh" sounds.

Zuwenya

Terrarian
Hi! This is my first post here :happy:

I only wanted to share this mod/texture pack/sound for people that want other hurt sounds for female characters, some may like it, others may hate it, but its an alternative to the actual vanilla one.
(also didn't find anything similar, so ... today i learned how to edit audios and create texture packs only for sounds) :p

Instructions:
  • Extract/unzip the folder (There should be a folder named "Better female noises").
  • Move the folder extracted into the Terraria Resource Packs folder. (commonly "...\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks")
  • In Terraria, select Texture Packs and click the red "enable" button.
  • Done!
Edit: For 1.4.1.2, restart the game after turning (On | Off) any texture pack to work correctly.

Attachments

• Better female noises.zip
    264.1 KB · Views: 9,070
Last edited:
Can you upload a video showing what you changed it to? It's nice to know what people can expect before they download.

Can you upload a video showing what you changed it to? It's nice to know what people can expect before they download.
lol, i forgot that part XD
i will try

Last edited:
Darn nice, good to know it is possible to replace sounds with Resource Packs. Is it possible to change music too?

Darn nice, good to know it is possible to replace sounds with Resource Packs. Is it possible to change music too?
There is a file named "TerrariaMusic.xgs" in the main folder, tried to extract it with the tool TConvert but didnt work, maybe another program can open it ... but for sure idk what else to try.

wait how did you change the sounds
1: Copy the sounds you want to change from the folder "content" in the Terraria's folder
2: Use TConvert to extract the files from .xnb (the result will be a .wav files)
3: Change the sounds' file names to the original file name what you want to replace
4: Use TConvert to convert the new files to .xnb
5: All the same with normal texture packs, put the texture pack folder in your terraria folder, enable and try it

Is it required that you pack them back in to xnb format or can terraria read the Wav files from the resource pack folder?

Is it required that you pack them back in to xnb format or can terraria read the Wav files from the resource pack folder?
It's required to pack them back or the files won't show and instead will take the vanilla files (only the not recognized will be replaced, if the others are correct they will work)

The new hotfix, 1.4.1.2, broke this "texture pack". I don't know what Relogic did with the sound files in this hotfix, but it seems that all mods related to the game's sound effects or music no longer works.

The new hotfix, 1.4.1.2, broke this "texture pack". I don't know what Relogic did with the sound files in this hotfix, but it seems that all mods related to the game's sound effects or music no longer works.
Only works 1 of 3, and its the one called 'Female_Hit_0.xnb', i think its a bug since the folder in terraria is still the same and so the file's names.
(3 doritos later...)
It's a well known bug, (or at least something similar): The texture pack (Vanilla or added) doesnt work well if its turned either On | Off, only needs to restart the game to work correctly.
I read something similar a few versions ago with textures, and since the mechanics are the same for both textures and sounds looks like the bug its back again.

Only works 1 of 3, and its the one called 'Female_Hit_0.xnb', i think its a bug since the folder in terraria is still the same and so the file's names.
(3 doritos later...)
It's a well known bug, (or at least something similar): The texture pack (Vanilla or added) doesnt work well if its turned either On | Off, only needs to restart the game to work correctly.
I read something similar a few versions ago with textures, and since the mechanics are the same for both textures and sounds looks like the bug its back again.
Ah, I see. It does indeed work after a restart, I guess I jumped to conclusion since I noticed that the update broke custom wavebanks as well as all the vanilla music in modded. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom