I make an excel sheet on NPC like/dislike and preference!

GEMIGEN

Official Terrarian
Disclaimer: english is not my first language and this is my first time making a thread so forgive me if i make a mistake or there is something you don't like.

For context i am currently majoring in management so i have some experience in processing data, as you can see from the title or the image below i'm making a spreadsheet about npc happiness, likes and dislikes toward specific biome and other NPC.

I have my data based on Terraria Wiki mainly NPCs

This is a preview of the spreadsheet,
I will explain it further down below.
terraria npc  table.png

The first table (the blue one) repressent NPC likeness towards specific biome,
+1 or 1 meaning they like the biome and -1 meaning they dislike the biome.

For example the Angler dislike desert and like ocean, the Arms dealer like desert but dislike snow,
if they are in the biome they like they get +1 happiness point and vice versa.
table 1.png

For table 2nd & 3rd table (the green one) repressent NPC likeness or liked by respectively towards other NPC.
I make 2 table because for neighbour preference doesn't work vice versa!
Sorry i can't fit them all in the screenshot (you can download the file and see it for yourself) if i zoom further the texts will be unreadable.

For the first green table if NPC love someone they get 2 happiness points, if they like someone they get 1 happiness point,
if they hate someone they get -2 happiness points, if they dislike someone they get -1 happiness point.

For example, the Zoologist if she's placed near/with the Arms dealer which she hates she will get -2 happiness points, if she's placed near/with the Angler she will get -1 because she doesn't like him, if she's placed with/near the Golfer she will like it hence +1 happiness point, and whener she's with the Witch doctor she will get +2 happiness points because she loves him.

For the Second green table it just a way to see if someone liked/disliked by someone.
For example, the Clothier hated by the Mechanic, disliked by the Nurse, liked by the Tax collector, loved by the Truffle.
table 2.png

Remember it doesn't always work vice versa for the green table, so you have to see each and every person!

And lastly i made the optimized placement for every single NPC in the game.
It's not the most compact/minimized build BUT every single NPC if you placed by that order will get at least 2 points of happiness, minimum!
note: if you placed less than 3 NPCs in 1 place you will get bonus 1 happiness point, if you place 3 NPCs in 1 place you will not get any point nor decrease any point.
optimized.png

An example how i placed my NPCs.
note: I played on https://www.curseforge.com/terraria/maps/pre-built-towns master difficulty large maps.
20200603093829_1.jpg

Attachments

• terraria NPC.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 194
Back
Top Bottom