PS4 I have data corruption and I cannot make new characters or worlds. Please help me.

Serude

Official Terrarian
So I play on a PlayStation 5 but I play on a PlayStation 4 version of the game and for years, my game has experienced issues with usually, data loss or corruption. Most of the time, I have been able to fix it. My most recent problem has been occurring for about 2 years now. It has a few issues. The main dilemma is that I am not able to make characters or worlds. After it finishes creating the character or world, the loading will have a slight pause and then it will be loading never ending. I tested loading it for days and it didn’t finish. I have tried everything in my ability to fix this and I have tried over 500 test for characters and worlds and it has never worked.

Another minor issue I had was at one point, I had a lot of data corrupt worlds that I can recall playing online a few years back, though they are now in my world folder in a state of data corruption I believe. I have deleted them to see if that can help me with my problems but it didn’t do anything.

My final known problem is that I cannot save and exit from online worlds. It will just keep loading continuously while I’m in the world (before I’m in the loading screen).

Although these problems have occurred, I can still play Terraria with pre existing worlds and characters and be fine. I still can save from online worlds though. I hope you busy developers working with terraria can help me fix my problem. If you need anymore info, just reach out to me. I really don’t want to end up having to delete all my save files.

Long shot, but mine was freezing when saving new characters after first time playing. The game does not delete the map visibility data for characters you delete from the menu. If the amount of map visibility data characters exceeds max characters, saves will fail. Delete the map visibility data from the ps4 menu for characters deleted from the in-game menu.

There is no map visibility data for my deleted characters. Most of it is foreign to me because it is shown in numbers instead of showing me the character or world name. What would happen if I deleted map visibility from my current characters?

Long shot, but mine was freezing when saving new characters after first time playing. The game does not delete the map visibility data for characters you delete from the menu. If the amount of map visibility data characters exceeds max characters, saves will fail. Delete the map visibility data from the ps4 menu for characters deleted from the in-game menu.
Thank you so much. I don’t even know how to thank you. I’ve been trying to fix this for years. I had repeated corruption in map visibility. 4 gigabytes.

Thank you so much. I don’t even know how to thank you. I’ve been trying to fix this for years. I had repeated corruption in map visibility. 4 gigabytes.
No worries. I was trying to figure my own issue out and noticed map visibility data for characters i deleted ages ago. But I only had like 5-6 extra ones. Not sure what happens after years of this error.

Edit: i missed the ps5 part. On ps4 the save file has the character name, datetime and "Map Visibility Data" on it. Maybe it shows differently on ps5.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom