tModLoader I need help regarding the TrueEater mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

L0ST5ILVER

Official Terrarian
Before I start I'd like to apologize in advance if this thread isn't in the correct section & or in the wrong format, But by the looks off it, this should be the right area to post.

So one day I downloaded this mod known as "TrueEater"

It was a mod I downloaded off of the Mod Browser, I was making a Pokémon themed character, using another mod to customize items to give them names and looks that look like the Moves in Pokémon, Anyway, the TrueEater mod had several items on this character, the only one I can remember was a comet which was a throwing weapon, Anyway, One day Terraria started to Crash
This left me confused and had me removing and re-adding tons of my mods, The mod that seemed to be crashing my game was TrueEater, So I uninstalled it and got on my merry way, However, One day I was going onto my Pokémon Character only to find out, 3 items where different, all of which were in the TrueEater mod, They were changed to:
"Missing item"
"Description: Mod: TrueEater"
"Name: <NAME>"

So my first thought was, oh, well that's not good, I'll have to wait till the creator updates the mod so I can reinstall it and recover the items, without my game crashing, So I exited and tried to search for an update on the mod browser, I failed to find anything,
So I was going to go back into my character to delete the Unloaded items, but I got this:
http://prntscr.com/cqyn63 When I clicked the warning sign I got this: http://prntscr.com/cqynah And when I tried to click play, it did nothing, like the option wasn't even there, So I tried finding the original mod which I had deleted, I managed to get it back and try run it, However it failed to show up in my mods list, so I put it into the tModReader And got this: http://prntscr.com/cqyo0e An empty folder.
At this point I was Very confused, I can't play this character I had, because of this mod, which was mysteriously removed from the Mod browser and I couldn't find a single thread about it on here, so now I search for help, I'd rather not go and remake that character since it had a full inventory of customized items, So if anyone can contact the creator, or something, I would be more than grateful. Thanks!
And once again, if there is a problem with this thread please let me know.
Well the moral of the story is to never download mods you can't trust. Shame, it was a pretty good mod too. ;-;

-L0ST

If you can't tModRead it, first of all, it's because the file has settings to not be readable :p
Second of all, if the creator of said mod has an account here, notify them and they should get on it. Otherwise, you might have to fiddle around with the mods folder.

If you can't tModRead it, first of all, it's because the file has settings to not be readable :p
Second of all, if the creator of said mod has an account here, notify them and they should get on it. Otherwise, you might have to fiddle around with the mods folder.
Hey, I appreciate you trying to help. But I already deleted the character. xD
Thanks though!
-L0ST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom