I need help

Gears

Terrarian
So I'm trying to put the Zenith texture on every sword in the Zenith's swing animation cause there's too many swords and I don't want to have to use a melee speed build just to have a good looking sword. Anyway, youtube has not helped I want to know how I would do this.

I have tried to turn the magic mirror into the Zenith by following a youtube tutorial every step, only thing i did differently was put in the Zenith sprite instead of an alternate magic mirror sprite, how does this not work?

Are you renaming the pictures files? Terraria/Tmodloader references sprites specifically by name so if you attempt to replace one picture with another, zenith in place of magic mirror, you would have to rename the zenith to magic mirror because the item magic mirror would be calling out for the picture named that.

Find the magic mirror sprite and copy it's name. Put that into the zenith sprite. ALWAYS make backup copies of original files before doing things like messing with original game file names. Also, they may not be equally interchangeable as some sprite have a different number of animations than others. This is also called out in the code references for loading graphics.

With the renaming, I'm calling the file Item_50.png but I think the original is a different file type, the second half of your comment confuses me a bit.

Is it the size of the image actually? The Zenith I'm using was copied from the wiki and is 56x56 pixels.

I'm pretty sure now it was just the size, I've gotten something working where the Night's Edge is the Zenith but thats because I copied the size from another texture pack and put in the resized Zenith, how do I find out what the size is meant to be?

Edit: I changed the Zenith from 56x56 to 44x48

Just checked, the wiki has the Night's Edge image as 44x48 so I can find out through there, I'm only still writing here incase any one else had the same issue

Yes size but for sprites with animations there are multiple pictures in them. Take armor for example. It is not just one picture it is many.

The mounts are a great example. Some mounts have a different number of animations (pictures) than others, so if you replace one with another this might cause problems.

With the renaming, I'm calling the file Item_50.png but I think the original is a different file type, the second half of your comment confuses me a bit.
Is it the size of the image actually? The Zenith I'm using was copied from the wiki and is 56x56 pixels.
I'm pretty sure now it was just the size, I've gotten something working where the Night's Edge is the Zenith but thats because I copied the size from another texture pack and put in the resized Zenith, how do I find out what the size is meant to be?

Edit: I changed the Zenith from 56x56 to 44x48
Just checked, the wiki has the Night's Edge image as 44x48 so I can find out through there, I'm only still writing here incase any one else had the same issue
Hi @Gears, welcome to the forums. :)

Just a tip for going forward, the way you should be posting messages here is different than a chat room type environment (like discord). Here, we want all your thoughts in one message and not in four messages sent one right after another. On discord it’s normal to send a message, send another message, send another, etc. But these are discussion forums where we prefer all thoughts in one message.

I’ve merged your four messages into one for you. Going forward, please use the Edit button if you are the last person to post to add to your message instead of sending through another one.

Back
Top Bottom