I stopped playing terraria around near the end of 2020, should I restart?

Mr_masker16

Terrarian
I started my playthrough around when 1.4 came out but sorta fell off by Hardmode around late 2020 so its been a good many months, so I'm wondering if I should start again or if I should just use the one i have already.

I started my playthrough around when 1.4 came out but sorta fell off by Hardmode around late 2020 so its been a good many months, so I'm wondering if I should start again or if I should just use the one i have already.
If 1.4 isn't interesting to you anymore, you could always try mods! I could some provide some recommendations if you would like?

If you never completed 1.4, I would recommend you do it then later on you can do a run with mods. Try playing with friends, terraria with friends is always better.

I was more so having trouble with forgetting what i was doing in my current playthrough and forgetting some stuff of the game

The wiki helps a ton, I'd recommend giving that a look when you are stuck.
I guess, I'll see what other people say and then ill think about it. I'm just worried that I've lost my momentum with my current playthrough but like I said, I'll give it some thought

Truth is, Terraria can be overwhelming at times, since there's so much that you can do in the game. Oftentimes, when introducing a new player to the game, I ask them what it is they're "interested in doing". Each time, the new player would give a different answer & if they stuck around long enough, meeting that small goal lead them to create bigger goals. 🤔🥤

Quick story: While playing last year, my co-op buddy said they wanted to be a Demon. At the time, I only knew about the Bat Wings & the Inferno Fork, but not much else that'd sale the idea, so I told them it was "possible", but I can't be sure if they'd be 100% happy with the results. Come to find out, all kinds of newer Accessories & Vanity Sets were added, even as early as pre-EoC. Once my buddy got hold of a pair of Horns, it was pretty-much hands-off from that-point-on.

Needless to say (or maybe it needs to be said), I'd stay away from YouTube & Wiki pages for 1.4.2. Just ask yourself anywhere from 3-5 questions, of exactly what it is you're looking for in the game. Do you wanna do some exploring, adventuring, treasure hunting, collecting? Terraria is a sandbox game, though-&-through, so you're gonna have to decide what you find enjoyable & do more of that.

A few motivating points about 1.4.2:
  1. There are a TON of cool Weapon & Armor items to be discovered.
  2. If you're not familiar with the game, there are quite a few breathtaking environments you'll run across.
  3. There's a LOT of secrets & rare items in this game!
  4. If you don't like how the game looks, there's some really cool texture packs in the Steam Workshop!
  5. I know many will recommend Mods but, IMHO, 1.4.2 is currently superior to the Mods I've played (even the highly recommended Mods).

Truth is, Terraria can be overwhelming at times, since there's so much that you can do in the game. Oftentimes, when introducing a new player to the game, I ask them what it is they're "interested in doing". Each time, the new player would give a different answer & if they stuck around long enough, meeting that small goal lead them to create bigger goals. 🤔🥤

Quick story: While playing last year, my co-op buddy said they wanted to be a Demon. At the time, I only knew about the Bat Wings & the Inferno Fork, but not much else that'd sale the idea, so I told them it was "possible", but I can't be sure if they'd be 100% happy with the results. Come to find out, all kinds of newer Accessories & Vanity Sets were added, even as early as pre-EoC. Once my buddy got hold of a pair of Horns, it was pretty-much hands-off from that-point-on.

Needless to say (or maybe it needs to be said), I'd stay away from YouTube & Wiki pages for 1.4.2. Just ask yourself anywhere from 3-5 questions, of exactly what it is you're looking for in the game. Do you wanna do some exploring, adventuring, treasure hunting, collecting? Terraria is a sandbox game, though-&-through, so you're gonna have to decide what you find enjoyable & do more of that.

A few motivating points about 1.4.2:
  1. There are a TON of cool Weapon & Armor items to be discovered.
  2. If you're not familiar with the game, there are quite a few breathtaking environments you'll run across.
  3. There's a LOT of secrets & rare items in this game!
  4. If you don't like how the game looks, there's some really cool texture packs in the Steam Workshop!
  5. I know many will recommend Mods but, IMHO, 1.4.2 is currently superior to the Mods I've played (even the highly recommended Mods).
i guess seeing as I'm at the start of hardmode that It's not too different from starting again, thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom