PS4 i think my game is broken :(

It_is_jack

Terrarian
my current world when I first started playing was crimtane, a few days ingame I built a functional house with one room and about 12 npcs moved in and most were hardmode, painter ,dye trader, party girl, etc.
the first time I fought wall of flesh he didn't drop anything when i beat him but it still went to hardmode. once I made it to hardmode the hallowed did not spawn in the diagnol line I was supposed to, and only souls of flight dropped, no other souls from enemies, ichor suckers and floaty groasses didn't spawn in the normal crimtane, but they did spawn on part of the bridge I built to fight WoF which was made of crimtane blocks., the pirate army came and while I was killing them they were dropping spawners, I got 2 mechanical eyes, and 1 mechanical skull. the goblin army came soon after and I got another mechanichal eye. I tried to fix the soul glitch by making two more worlds hardmode. one was crimtane the other was corrupt. the crimtane didn't spawn the hallowed but the corrupt did, only slimers, corrupt slimes, corupptors and those other easy mode versions(I forgot their name) spawned. I still cant get souls from either. I have broken a ton of altars but souls are not dropping, I beat the twins and got their souls, but still no souls of night or light. I have beaten the game before and spent hours on the wiki so I know a lot about the game. pls help

Are you sure you're underground when looking for souls? Many HM enemies only spawn at certain depths. Souls of light and night are also pretty rare drops. It can take a long time of farming down there to get a decent amount. You have to certain depth before they'll start dropping.

Mech boss summoners have a small chance of dropping from any enemy in HM until you defeat the corresponding boss.

Painter, Dye Trader, and Party Girl are not HM NPCs they are normal mode but with specific spawning criteria.

As far as hollowed goes, you should be sure to explore your entire surface until you find it. If it's really not there you should report it to 505 through the links in my signature.

Souls don't drop from altars, that just spawns HM ores.

I have been underground at the bottom of the crimtane and corrupt for at least 15 mins each killing bunches of enemies but no souls. I know that souls don't com from altars, souls only drop if at least one altar has been broken. I didn't know those npcs were normal mode. But they did move in when I had only one room. I have explored the whole top of the worlds where the hallowed didn't spawn, also some underground where it was supposed to be.

Yeah 15 mins isn't long enough. RNG can get really wacky sometimes. If you don't get any souls after an hr then you might have a problem.

If you had only one valid room, 3 NPCs definitely shouldn't have moved in at the same time.
Can you post pictures of your maps?

You wouldn't be able to tell that my npcs are messed up now, I have a huge place with a bunch of extra rooms, I started playing around Christmas. I can't post a screenshot until friday:merchantgrin: it was more than 3 npcs that moved in it was, the merchant, the guide(a zombie killed him), the nurse, the dye trader, the party girl, and the dryad, which is weird because I hadn't beaten a single boss yet:dryadconfused:

I understand that, I'm more interested in your world map. It might be a good idea to back up your saves and then reinstall

Crimson/Corruption altars height (aka where the chasms are) is occasionally not quite enough to reach underground and allow souls to be dropped, unless you can clearly hear the underground music playing. Honestly I'd suggest you to make an huge bridge of Ebonstone/whatevercrimson'srocksnameis in the underworld and wait for the HM npcs to spawn them, then grind souls. Underworld enemies spawning next to a corruption/crimson do also drop souls (especially bats and slimes make for easy souls grinding).

EDIT: Just realized this is console, which I know nothing about aside from the way it is MEANT to work (being a PC player, aka the game's native platform). As far as I know, console has a really annoying and well known issue in which it tends to mess up item ids (dropping different and sometimes random items instead of what they are meant to).

Last edited:
I got 2 mechanical eyes, and 1 mechanical skull. the goblin army came soon after and I got another mechanichal eye.
And on that day they offered great RNG, rejoicing because God had given them great joy.

This is not meant to be rude to any religion

You should be able to upload them to the cloud and if you can't then just plug in a usb device and copy them to it.

I haven't experienced this issue and i've been on ps4 since Christmas as well, however i brought my worlds over from ps3, not sure if changes anything, i'll go jump on and check a fresh world.

I managed to get a fair bit of souls on both sides.
Are you using proper incense when praying to RNGesus?
I've heard some communities outright ban things because they angered RNGesus. Food for thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom