I THINK...the final boss of terraria is a little too...

Do you think moon lord is to easy or hard

• easy

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • hard

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarthVader

Terrarian
A little to...easy.

MANY people might not agree, but after getting the end game items on normal mode (not about expert, it is hard then) just seemed to make the boss easy on normal mode. I managed to solo it with my melee loadout no problem.

Tell me if you agree with me on this

my feelings are entirely mixed regarding the moon lord. if you fight him legitimately, he can be at least a little challenging, or down right, soul crushing hard (on expert). however, if you take advantage of gimmicks or "cheese", then he's a complete joke. but i suppose it is entirely dependent on your playstyle. since i have a horrible computer that cant handle "awesome" stuff such as "legit" battle, i tend to have to cheese stuff a bit out of necessity. i do attempt (as much as my computer permits) of legit battling first though. with what i'm able to, i actually *cant* solo moon lord in expert mode at all without cheesing at least a little (only thing in expert i CANT kill without cheese). in normal mode, he's a pain in the :red:, but is doable solo (bare in mind, i use an old netbook).

so, in a nutshell, i'd say he's more annoying than hard (until expert mode).

the first time, no, it was a major pain in the :red:. i soloed him as a heavily armored tank mage (spectre hood) and razorblade typhoon

I can't kill him without having heart statues constantly spitting out hearts and gulping down every defensive potion I have. So no, I can't call him easy. But after beating him once he becomes way less awe-inspiring.

once i figured out my own way to cheese the hell out of moon lord, he became just another item on my "laundry list" of things to do lol. sad fact for you, for every percent you cheese him, you lose that many percent of fun when fighting stuff in terraria. i've managed a solid 90 to 95% cheese factor with moon lord on expert mode, and i must say, it is not fun at all to cheese him, even if the loot is awesome as hell (but not the globe, the globe sucks still.)

He's hard... until you find a way to break him. Then it's just another boss to be farmed to death. :)
I remember when I first fought the Duke. Thought I was never going to beat him. A bunch of deaths later I'm farming him with my eyes closed. I pretty much arrived at the same point with the Moon Lord, even on expert.

Not bad for an old guy like myself. :D

we can just pretend that the globe is a placeholder for the REAL expert item (suspicious looking tentacle) lol

Well to me, i think the duke fishron is way harder than moon lord...I can never seem to beat him by myself. Sometimes when all the planets are aligned and i drank half a liter of hot sauce; then i can beat him.

I think he's plenty tough (at least for me, still haven't gotten Meowmere or a Terrarian yet), but I do think any method of cheesing the final boss needs to be fixed. I don't really mind it for other bosses, but it shouldn't be possible with the final boss.

I think he's plenty tough (at least for me, still haven't gotten Meowmere or a Terrarian yet), but I do think any method of cheesing the final boss needs to be fixed. I don't really mind it for other bosses, but it shouldn't be possible with the final boss.
i think permitting "cheesing" honestly isn't that big of a deal to be honest. if people want to cheese, they can live with missing out on what makes stuff actually fun. cheesing gets results at the cost of having fun. sort of handles itself, just saying.

On normal he's an absolute walk in the park easy. On expert, he pretty much requires a special arena built around him (you don't have to cheese it, but you GOTTA prep the arena).

On one hand I really like bosses that get you to build things - because it plays to the game's strengths. I wish more bosses were like that tbh. On the other hand, sometimes it feels like moon lord isn't hard in the right way. The only thing that makes him a challenge is crazy spam everywhere, so skill doesn't really get to shine.

Personally I'd prefer the boss have some cool mechanics that actually reward you for doing it right. Is he glowing red? use your hooks to stay off the ground. Blue? don't be in the air. Green? be ready to run around barricades to avoid massive damage from lasers. Pink? Don't hit him or he'll reflect damage.

There's good difficulty, and then there is difficulty just for the sake of calling it difficult. Moon Lord on expert I feel is the latter.

He's hard, even with End-Game. I only defeated him on first go with Ranged Shroomite (Yes, I was that desperate). But after the Moon Lord fix, he seems a tad bit more easier for me.

In Expert, he's basically the same. Damage is higher, but the tongue thing lasts less.

Besides, only thing that's tougher than him in my view, are those dreaded martians. I basically got rekt by each of every of those enemies, twice

He's hard, even with End-Game. I only defeated him on first go with Ranged Shroomite (Yes, I was that desperate). But after the Moon Lord fix, he seems a tad bit more easier for me.

In Expert, he's basically the same. Damage is higher, but the tongue thing lasts less.

Besides, only thing that's tougher than him in my view, are those dreaded martians. I basically got rekt by each of every of those enemies, twice

I disagree. Moon Lord in expert is a night and day difference from normal. Also, two loose walls and a ceiling are enough to make you pretty unkillable to anything the marian invasion throws at you :)

I didn't need anything special to beat him on expert. I have a 999 block of asphalt and my nebula Mage build with lunar flare and use super heal potions along with iron skin,endurance,wrath and well fed buff. Once you have his pattern of attacks down he's easy. Now that's not sayin everyone plays the same nor has the same skill as others. I'll take a video the next time I do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom