I used to moderate the old Terraria Forums AMA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grumpy Squid

Systems Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi! I thought this looked fun and I wanted to participate.

I was formerly known as Graceful Assassin, but hadn't been fond of the Screen Name for quite some time, so I got a new one.

Some things off the top of my head you may be interested in: I suffer from severe social anxiety, I suffer from depression, I almost died once, I'm allergic to antibiotics, and I freaking love video games.

AMA.

Last edited:
Hi! I thought this looked fun and I wanted to participate.

I was formerly known as Graceful Assassin, but hadn't been fond of the Screen Name for quite some time, so I got a new one.

Some things off the top of my head you may be interested in: I suffer from severe social anxiety, I suffer from depression, I almost died once, I'm allergic to antibiotics, and I freaking love video games.

AMA Nothing's too personal will answer ALL questions.
How did you nearly die, was it self inflicted?
Edit: Oh my :red:ing ninja.

Hey its you! I miss disagreeing with you on stuff and letting my anger get the best of me.. Wait, I don't miss that because I always regretted it afterwards..%:sigh: But I do miss hanging around on Steam, you're a really great person!

Anyways.. My question is. If you were given the oppertunity on any given forum, to be a moderator again. Would you take it?

How did you almost die?

How did you nearly die, was it self inflicted?
Edit: Oh my :red:ing ninja.

That actually goes with being allergic to antibiotics.

So, I've been allergic to every anti biotic I've tried and I always get a reaction, but the doctor convinced me to try this other one and I shouldn't be allergic to it because people that can't take penicillin can take keflex.

Guess what? Not only was I also allergic to that but it was the worst allergic reaction I have had ever. My whole body was inflated and in pain I couldn't button up my pants and my mom had to do it for me which was embarrassing. So we go to the hospital and the doctor told me to pee in this thing, well I tried to pee but what came out was basically just blood. The doctor look horrified and so did my mom. apparently my kidneys started failing among other organs. So they shot me full of morphine (didn't help the pain) but eventually I went to sleep. I stayed at the hospital for 2 days, obviously I recovered. The doctor said when I got in "last time I had a patient with this... he didn't make it..."

Word of advice, if you ever become a doctor don't say :red: like that makes the patient panic.

Oh my lord...I just realized you were Grace!

Do you hate me now?

I couldn't hate you! Besides I've been downplaying it here until just now so it's fine.

Hey its you! I miss disagreeing with you on stuff and letting my anger get the best of me.. Wait, I don't miss that because I always regretted it afterwards..%:sigh: But I do miss hanging around on Steam, you're a really great person!

Anyways.. My question is. If you were given the oppertunity on any given forum, to be a moderator again. Would you take it?

No. Too stressful, especially since I have a tendency to make other peoples problems my own and feel horrible about it. I don't regret my time on the terraria forums or the time as a moderator though. I met a lot of great people, it's just something I would rather not do again. I mean, it probably wont be as bad because I wouldnt get cock blocked by curse all the time.

I've never heard of you or seen you.
What were you like?

You'd have to ask the people I worked with probably. The opinions varied from person to person. I tried not to be a :red: and be transparent with everything, so hopefully that came across.

Wow, good to see you again Grace/Grumpy Squid!

What do you do for work?
Why did you choose the name Grumpy Squid

I used to be a support technician for an LMS (Learning Management System, it's the tech that runs online school and learning websites.) I quit about... 5-8 months ago?

Last edited:
The doctor said when I got in "last time I had a patient with this... he didn't make it..."

Word of advice, if you ever become a doctor don't say :red: like that makes the patient panic.
You lucky guy.
That must've made you overflow with either panic or relief.

Please try to remain on topic, the point of these threads is to ask questions not to provide welcomes.
Sorry about that I was hungry, tired, and scared because my family was watching a horror movies in next to me.
OT: What time period were you a moderator, and where you register at the time of the spambot attack?

You lucky guy.
That must've made you overflow with either panic or relief.

He said it before I was better so panic. Sheer bloody panic.

Sorry about that I was hungry, tired, and scared because my family was watching a horror movies in next to me.
OT: What time period were you a moderator, and where you register at the time of the spambot attack?

I'm a baby when it comes to horror stuff, can't handle it get nightmares for days.

So, there was a community reform that went about. The point of it was to end the corrupted :red: going on and create a more positive community experience for all involved, I was one of the mods hired in that period to help reflect the kind of moderators we want in the future. I was hired along with Kira and Valan. Me and Kira had big dreams for the place, which didn't end up coming true FAR after I was gone. I think the attack was after my time, I mean, there were spambots we had to deal with but I think you're referring to something i wasn't there for.

Edit: Whoops forgot to answer how I picked this screen name. It had been awhile since I wanted to change it and I was playing around with names in my head then I watched a web cartoon... what was it's name... Rick Sorting? Rick Snorting? Don't remember, but a seen in the cartoon is from the avatar I use. It showed a squid flipping off survivors of the boat crash. and it was amazing.

Last edited:
Do you have Netflix?

If you do, what's your favorite show/program/movie/episode?

If not TV? Something? Dvd?

Do you approve of Teal's random questions?

I was formerly known as Graceful Assassin
Hey, it's "Graceful :red:..." again! >: D
What name did I know you back in the super secret club? I'm bad at remembering. (I have some hunch but I'd be even more embarrassed to guess wrong!)
(P.S. Also not the other Flan, but the flanner flan. Not the one Momi made an inappropriate comment at.)

Graceful Assassin?? :D
YAY!

Okay-
What is your favorite animal?
What exotic animal (if not same as first question) would yo go for as a pet if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom