Mobile I want a bigger hotbar

Well i can tell you it seems most devices (unless $$$) don't enough resolution for full size mode. It sucks. I have 3 entirety different devices and none of them get it. Tho one is my phone so duh. I have heard of a root method to force tablet mode that supposedly works. I'll give it a look when i root this junk one. (I have to because it did something, i have no :red:ing idea what the hell for, and all my local saves are MIA but they are hopefully still in the root folder so i might be able to locate them if i root. (Unless 505 will answer and tell me how to fix this :red:)

I don't think ten would fit well on a phone, but being able to set the amount yourself would be a huge benefit. Especially before multi tools and summon weapons come into play. Say for example, having a slider for between 5 and 10.

Or just a reorder of the screen. If they tuned it right it would actually work. It would have to move the health and maybe drop a couple down under the normal row.

I have a phablet.. And i still have a poor display Size.. I would play the game but i can't even see enough of what's going on to feel like I'm getting a good experience..

What's the point of splunker potions if you can't see more then 25 or so squares in any direction?

they should add a display setting....

Interestingly enough I've had a galaxy s3 that played the game really well, i had a pc like display, where i could get the 10 hotbar keys and could see over 50 blocks in any direction...

Really this is Game breaking and I'm suprised More people have not complained enough to get it fixed..

Well what can we do, It IS mobile after all, you can't complain about it too much ya know, and also, I think of this as a challenge as well.

I have a phablet.. And i still have a poor display Size.. I would play the game but i can't even see enough of what's going on to feel like I'm getting a good experience..

What's the point of splunker potions if you can't see more then 25 or so squares in any direction?

they should add a display setting....

Interestingly enough I've had a galaxy s3 that played the game really well, i had a pc like display, where i could get the 10 hotbar keys and could see over 50 blocks in any direction...

Really this is Game breaking and I'm suprised More people have not complained enough to get it fixed..
I used to have heard of a possible "hack" for the whole device that could do the same to terraria but i lost it and don't know how to do it. Basically a root method to force all apps into tablet mode could also force terraria into tablet mode and open the hotbar settings.

But really they could do better and just let us pick if we want the game to render in 16bit or 8 bit. (Block textures are 16 pixels but display as 8 bc of pixel doubling. So why not a seting to display in 8 bit therefor doubleing the display size game wise. And showing 2 times the game at lowest zoom.

Actually, 5 is enough for me. My hotbar settings 1. Main weapon 2. Pickaxe 3.Axe 4. Blocks 5. Potions
But I do agree cause when drinking many potions I must drag and use to the fourth slot. :(

May seem a little extreme but I've actually modded my android Terraia .apk file so that it will alway run in tablet mode. I have a galaxy s7 and was annoyed having to play the game so zoomed in all the time. The amount the game is zoomed in is way too far in my opinion (when you compare to the PC version) but I understand that all phones are different so they have to work to a common denominator. They really need an option to allow you to zoom out further than it does currently.

My modification to the apk makes the game think my phone is a tablet. Everything is quite a bit smaller, including the virtual thumbsticks and the little zoom window that pops up, but I don't have a problem with it, to me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and because I have modded the apk itself I don't have to root my phone/install xposed etc. to get it working. I now get to have 10 hotbar slots and can see a whole lot more on the screen. The main downside for me is that because I modified the apk it will no longer sync to google drive so I can't use cloud sync but I can live with that.

May seem a little extreme but I've actually modded my android Terraia .apk file so that it will alway run in tablet mode. I have a galaxy s7 and was annoyed having to play the game so zoomed in all the time. The amount the game is zoomed in is way too far in my opinion (when you compare to the PC version) but I understand that all phones are different so they have to work to a common denominator. They really need an option to allow you to zoom out further than it does currently.

My modification to the apk makes the game think my phone is a tablet. Everything is quite a bit smaller, including the virtual thumbsticks and the little zoom window that pops up, but I don't have a problem with it, to me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages and because I have modded the apk itself I don't have to root my phone/install xposed etc. to get it working. I now get to have 10 hotbar slots and can see a whole lot more on the screen. The main downside for me is that because I modified the apk it will no longer sync to google drive so I can't use cloud sync but I can live with that.
How did you do that? Mod it?

How did you do that? Mod it?
Please don't ask how to mod mobile Terraria. It is against 505 Games' policy, and as such, we do not permit the discussions of how to do it on the forums.

Used a <details removed by moderator>. I don't have a set of instructions you can follow but I guess I could write some up if I get the time.
Hi @rob151515, and welcome to the forums. I know that you were just trying to be helpful explaining how to get a phone to show ten hot bar slots, but discussions of how to mod mobile Terraria are not permitted on the forum. You can, of course, do whatever you'd like with your own device, but please do not share methods here on the forums. Thanks.

Here is more info: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Please don't ask how to mod mobile Terraria. It is against 505 Games' policy, and as such, we do not permit the discussions of how to do it on the forums.

Hi @rob151515, and welcome to the forums. I know that you were just trying to be helpful explaining how to get a phone to show ten hot bar slots, but discussions of how to mod mobile Terraria are not permitted on the forum. You can, of course, do whatever you'd like with your own device, but please do not share methods here on the forums. Thanks.

Here is more info: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking
Thanks. I had read that but it only mentioned 'The distribution' of hacked files. I wasn't planning on distributing any hacked files.

Having only 5 hotbar slots and the fact that you're zoomed in more than other versions is a huge disadvantage whether you're on single or multiplayer. I have played Terraria on an old iPad and the 10 slots are amazing. If I'm doing some wiring for minor traps to AFK farming, I don't have to constantly open my inventory to grab the items up to my hotbar. I have a Samsung S7 and from what I see, 10 slots will be able to fit inside the screen and be able to be tapped without a problem (unless you have big fingers). Just hoping there will be an option for 10 slots soon.

The only options I see to get a 10 slot hotbar would be.
1st : rooting your mobile.
2nd : <removed by staff>
3rd : Going in Terraria's files and change the resolution to a bigger one.
P.S I haven't tried it yet because my S8 isn't rooted yet.
[doublepost=1514648924,1514648902][/doublepost]
I play on an android and on my i Pad you get a 10 hotbar. But on Android you get a 5 hotbar. This is really annoying because during events or boss fights I can only really use some stuff. I know when you open your inventory the game pauses, but I don't really like taking advantage of that plus it doesn't work in multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only options I see to get a 10 slot hotbar would be.
1st : rooting your mobile.
2nd : <removed by staff>
3rd : Going in Terraria's files and change the resolution to a bigger one.
P.S I haven't tried it yet because my S8 isn't rooted yet.
[doublepost=1514648924,1514648902][/doublepost]
Hi there @TheYellingWolf, I needed to edit your post to remove what you put for #3. We don't allow discussions of how to modify your mobile game files here in accordance with 505 Games' policy: Official 505Games Policy Regarding Console/Mobile Hacking

Back
Top Bottom