tAPI I want to be a programmer and i need your tips!

xGodzPlayerx

Steampunker
Hi guys! :D
I want to be a tAPI programmer and make some mods >.<
Where did i start? =) i have a bit of code knowlege

Hi guys! :D
I want to be a tAPI programmer and make some mods >.<
Where did i start? =) i have a bit of code knowlege
You can start modding by just creating random stuff, whatever your mind can think. I highly recommend just starting with simple weapons and then working your way up from there. Have you looked at the tutorials lying in the General Mod Discussion? They might help you get to more of the advanced stuff on tAPI modding. Also, if you have any problems, just look through other people's source code by using an archiver like 7zip and WinRar and opening the .tapi file, since tAPI files are basically zip files... After that, just post it up on Works in Progress, maybe if you feel you are done, to Released.

If you want to do mods, you need to either know how to sprite or have someone that'll sprite for you, because it's hard to do anything without sprites.

I learned programming around 8 years ago, nobody taught me anything and all I did was checking and analyzing other people codes. You can easily do the same with tAPI as the codes are fairly straight forward and all mods are open source. However, to make it easier for yourself, I'd suggest to learn some coding basics first, any language based on C should do as Terraria is coded in C#.

You can start modding by just creating random stuff, whatever your mind can think. I highly recommend just starting with simple weapons and then working your way up from there. Have you looked at the tutorials lying in the General Mod Discussion? They might help you get to more of the advanced stuff on tAPI modding. Also, if you have any problems, just look through other people's source code by using an archiver like 7zip and WinRar and opening the .tapi file, since tAPI files are basically zip files... After that, just post it up on Works in Progress, maybe if you feel you are done, to Released.
thanks ^^

I learned programming around 8 years ago, nobody taught me anything and all I did was checking and analyzing other people codes. You can easily do the same with tAPI as the codes are fairly straight forward and all mods are open source. However, to make it easier for yourself, I'd suggest to learn some coding basics first, any language based on C should do as Terraria is coded in C#.
how can i see the code of other tAPI mods?

Along with the most common choices there should be an option allowing you to choose an entirely different program of your choice.

Alternatively, you can rename a mod file changing the .tapi into .rar, then open it, obtaining the same result.

Along with the most common choices there should be an option allowing you to choose an entirely different program of your choice.

Alternatively, you can rename a mod file changing the .tapi into .rar, then open it, obtaining the same result.
oh now i got it ! thank you so much i will look for some sword codes =) can you do for me a random sword sprite?

Back
Top Bottom