PC I want to make a house for each NPC, I need ideas!

FireChaos

Spazmatism
I want to make a house for Each NPC, and the style depends on their job. So Far I have made Guide's with Red Bricks, Nurse's with Gray, (including a huge cross at the roof), Merchant'swith Wood and a hidden room with Gold and Bars, Dryad's with Living Wood, and lastly Steampunker's with Cogs and Copper wallpaper which is sold by the Painter. I'm making this town in the space layer with Peace Candles to counter the Wyverns. So, the question is...

What should I do next and how? How would you have made all NPCs' houses?
NOTE:
I have all NPCs, so be free to suggest anything.
I don't make huge houses, but some small house, and I avoid to make then square or rectangle.

Party Girl should live in a house made of Bubblegum.

Goblin Tinkerer should live in a solid gold mansion because of all the Platinum people have wasted on reforges

Clothier should live in a house made from Dungeon Bricks.

Arms Dealer can live in a Pixel-Art Minishark.

Just some ideas

You should make a wizard tower for the wizard, a pirate's cove for the pirate and a spaceship for the cyborg.

A gun shop for the arms dealer an abandoned mineshaft for the demo with a hut with explosives

Dungeon Brick for Clothier and Mechanic would be horribly insensitive, as would anything even remotely spider-related for Stylist.
But that's just me imposing my fanon onto you.

Mechanic should probably have something sufficiently modern-looking, and maybe add a few unnecessary wired devices.

Wizard having a house of Pearlstone Brick and/or Crystal Block seems fairly fitting, considering his fairy-tale appearance. Make sure to load it with magic implements and bookshelves.

You also should have books in the Guide's house, he has to keep that knowledge somewhere.

Pirate Captain should probably have some Golden furniture from the Pirate invasion.

Angler already provides you with some fitting decoration from his quests, but his house should probably be Palm Wood beach cabin.

For the clothier I fill his room with mannequins and a loom and a throne
the dye trader has rich mahgony with the dye vat and some paint. One time a made a giant dye bottle
and truffle lives in a mushroom

Tax Collector could use golden furniture. Include a few coin piles, some safes and a piggy bank to round things off. Gems and ore bars can also be placed.

I'm partial to the idea of the Demolitionist having a reinforced or cave-type theme. Something solid looking and sturdy. Perhaps Tin Plating, and/or grey bricks and stone slab walls? Metal furniture where possible - lead doors, metal bathtub, metal fences, heavy work bench, and so on. Add a small pile of explosives and a Detanator - just make sure not to wire them together! Use the metal fences around the explosives.

For the Arms Dealer, try a hunting cabin. With the Item Frames and/or Weapon Racks, perhaps add a few large guns to hang on the wall. (Note: I haven't tried this, so I don't know if it's possible or what it looks like.) Red Ryder and Musket are fairly big. (Not sure about others.) EoW, WoF, Skeletron Prime, Duke Fishron, Flying Dutchman, Swordfish and/or Sharkteeth trophies could be used to display some trophy kills. Complete the look with some dark wood - ebon, shade or spooky. Add a chimney, a fireplace and some smoke blocks to complete the rustic feel.

For the Wizard, include some mechanical / show-offy things. E.g. the Lava Lamp. Some rainbow blocks. The *fall blocks and walls. That will help give a sense of magic and mystery for his place.

I'm feeling inspired now to try making some themed houses for my base now. Thanks! ^^

Edit: Mechanic can also use some cogs. Some of the Dungeon lanterns (with chains) would also feel suiting to her. Switches, pedals, pumps, etc. can be placed in the house to give an idea of her tinkering with, building and fixing things. Wiring up some simple systems, such as a water fountain or a timer making blinking lights could also help.

Last edited:
Typing this would take too long, so I'll just show you:

2015-08-14_00005.jpg

2015-08-14_00004.jpg

You could make the apartments something else than simple rectangles, though.
Oh, and the reason the angler's place looks so :red:ty is because the stuff in there are placeholders. He simply will not give me any of the decoration items.

For the arms dealer you could make him a gun range with dummies and guns on the wall, useful for you too :)

Granite tower for the Wizard, lots of books and artifacts, complete with creepy basement.

Tax Collector could use golden furniture. Include a few coin piles, some safes and a piggy bank to round things off. Gems and ore bars can also be placed.

I'm partial to the idea of the Demolitionist having a reinforced or cave-type theme. Something solid looking and sturdy. Perhaps Tin Plating, and/or grey bricks and stone slab walls? Metal furniture where possible - lead doors, metal bathtub, metal fences, heavy work bench, and so on. Add a small pile of explosives and a Detanator - just make sure not to wire them together! Use the metal fences around the explosives.

Edit: Mechanic can also use some cogs. Some of the Dungeon lanterns (with chains) would also feel suiting to her. Switches, pedals, pumps, etc. can be placed in the house to give an idea of her tinkering with, building and fixing things. Wiring up some simple systems, such as a water fountain or a timer making blinking lights could also help.

These are fantastic! I'm inspired now too!

The angler should live in a fish bowl with fish on the wall
The stylist lives in a hair salon with hair dye on the walls and chair to sit in

The tax man should live in either a goldbrick house or a mansion style place with marble floors and gold chandlers.
The fisher should live in a house with an attached dock that goes over water (lake or ocean).
The arms dealer should live in a bunker with a hidden door entrance and a shooting gallery in the back.
The bomb guy should live in a half-destoyed building.

The guide can live in an ordinary and basic house
The merchant can live in a storage room, with some crates and stuff (maybe a bar?)
The nurse can live in a hospital-like room
The dye trader should live in a pyramid-like room
The dryad should live in a living tree / forest area
The party girl should live in a disco ball party area thing
The demolitionist can live in a bomb shelter, maybe abandoned
The arms dealer could live in an eerie place
The stylist could be in a hair salon
The painter can live in an art gallery
The angler can live in a fish shack (Fish and chips, anyone?)
The goblin tinkerer can live in a basement, with some random pieces of technology together
The witch doctor can be a bee hive area
The clothier can live in an old-fashioned cloth area place
The mechanic, maybe put things like the extractinator, and use copper plating with gray paint? Mechanic is a little tricky
The pirate can live in a pirate ship thingy
The truffle can live in a mushroom thing
The wizard can live in some magic realm thing, and some cobwebs (cause he's old)
The steampunker can live in a machinery thing, with engines working here and there
The cyborg can live in the martian house
The tax collector can be in this golden brick house, with golden coins everywhere and a throne
And if your willing to do it, a santa can live in a top, with a chimney and Christmas related items

Guide: A Basic house should do. If you want, after the wall of flesh you can replace some blocks with flesh blocks (if you have crimson).
Merchant: I like to paint ebonstone/crimstone brick black, then paint the walls deep yellow. Add a few gold bars, perhaps.
Nurse: White pearlwood will be a good theme for her. If you have purified the hallow, then you can use just regular wood.
Demolitionist: Use a plating block (copper or tin) and then find a cave. No cave? Dig a nice hole. Build a house in the cave/hole and add maybe a detonator or 2.
Arms Dealer: Guns are the theme. Add at least 2 weapon racks with guns on. Add some mannequins or dummies. Add a trophy, if you have one.
Painter: I prefer a nice, boreal wood corridor. Add a few paintings or so. Make sure to keep it lighted every 1 or 2 screens. You could also paint the walls brown.
Tavernkeep: Self explanatory. A small wooden bar with kegs, the stools/bar stands etc. Shouldn't be too hard.
Dye Trader: I prefer a nice. dusty dune like area. Any sandstone-type block could work, or maybe you could make a rainbow room with gemspark.
Witch Doctor: It's simple. Beehive blocks and walls, or rich mahogany blocks and jungle walls. You could use rich mahogany walls, too.
Dryad: A tree theme is very good. Dynasty Shingles could possibly be used for corruption/crimson, if you decide to use a dynasty wood tree.
Stylist: Give it a boutique style. A small dynasty room with stylish scissors in a weapon rack/item frame could look good. Maybe add a web or 2.
Clothier: A nice weaver's house could work. Mannequins and Womannequins everywhere with tons of vanity, or (if you're evil) put him in a bone themed room.
Angler: Find a lake or make your own lake-like water area. Palm wood platforms over the lake. Replace some platforms with palm wood, then make the house.

Will do more soon.

Guide: Basic Wood/Stone Brick box-like house.
Merchant: Copper bricks, Red Bricks, and maybe Ebonwood.
Nurse: Smooth Marble and Glass Doors, as well as plenty of beds and perhaps a piano.
Clothier: A dungeon-like house, of course!
Party Girl: Rainbow Wallpaper, Rainbow Bricks, and Bubblegum.
Angler: Just dump him in a tiny hole in the ground.
Arms Dealer/Demolitionist: Duplex in any style the other forumgoers suggested for either one.
Dryad: What better than a Living Tree for our nature lover?
Goblin Trader/Mechanic: A dual-house made with any style appropriate for either (or both) of them, made of Yew-Wood if you have Thorium.

That's all I can currently think of.

Back
Top Bottom