Game Mechanics I Want to Sit in Chairs Too D:

Quotes from someone in the know about players sitting in the chair.
Actually, there is a base that they go off, but it needs to be redone for every armor to animate it. So yes, you could create a base for a sitting animation but you would need to redraw every armor and vanity item over it to get them to animate correctly. Still a lot of time.
Just look at the game's sources to see each animation sheet for armors. They would have to do a separate sitting animation for every one. When it's for the NPCs, there's far fewer to draw.

I'd say yes, you'd need over 900(might be off by 500~ or so :dryadtongue:) resprites for this little thing.

To be sure, yes, it would be cool. But I still think it's too much effort for such a little gimmick.

Maybe the player could take off any armor they're wearing when they sit down? I can't imagine sitting comfortably while wearing bulky meteor armor.
That's what I said...
I think it would be completely infeasible to go through adding a new frame to the ~900 equipment frame sets Terraria has just so that players could sit down. If it took the players armor and accessories off while sitting down, then I could see this being a thing.
I basically summarized this page of discussion in a single post on the previous one. :confused:

Anyways, don't forget Accessories. Otherwise your feet would be in a completely different place than your Spectre Boots.

That's what I said...

I basically summarized this page of discussion in a single post on the previous one. :confused:

Anyways, don't forget Accessories. Otherwise your feet would be in a completely different place than your Spectre Boots.
Ug sorry i missed that post of yours
Anyway its sti a good idea, thanks

^ Necroed :)

If sitting in a chair, I think the player should get some kind of Rest buff, which increases health regen. Nothing significant - perhaps equal to a Campfire - but a bonus nonetheless. Warp back to home following a close call with a Spider Nest and sit down to rest and recover.

Back
Top Bottom