1. Encountering issues with the Localization/Translations with 1.3.5? Please report them via the section linked below so that we can account for all of them and have them addressed. Thanks! Localization Bugs & Issues Section
  2. We have hub threads for known bugs/issues and statuses of fixes for Mobile, 3DS, and Console platforms (UPDATED):
    Click here for Mobile
    Click here for 3DS
    Click here for PS3/PS4/PS Vita/XBox 360/XBox One

Icicle Chain (lategame flail/boomerang/waterbolt type weapon)

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Oilura, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

Icicle Chain
    Icicle Chain.png
    50 melee damage
    25 use time
    Low knockback​

When used, it throws itself out like a Flail/Whip. When the left mouse button is released, the chain links (icicles) will detach from the flail handle and its other links, turning into projectiles that move in the direction of where it is fired at without being affected by gravity or losing velocity. The projectiles will bounce 5 times before returning to its owner. The chain can be re-fired before its links/icicles return to its owner.

Dropped by Ice Queen.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

No. It is a hyperactice Waterbolt that just happens to be able to be used as a flail. It isn't affected by gravity, it will keep moving until it hits 5 blocks or the edge of the map, etc.

3. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

What if it shoots 10 icicles at once that pierces infinitely (which it does)?

4. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

Water Bolt pierces infinitely AND bounces 5 times. You should try it.

5. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

K i nerfed damage and use time. I just don't want it to deal 1 damage.

Besides, Water Bolt is 'cost free' once you get mana potions, since Potion Sickness hardly does anything to Water Bolt.

6. Baconfry

Baconfry Official Terrarian

Piercing actually reduces its effectiveness somewhat, due to the mechanics... if the spread is quite random, I don't see it being overpowered. If it turns out to be OP anyways, we could reduce the projectile count.

It's original and I like it. I want to see this work.

7. Zoruark

Zoruark Terrarian

Hmmmm... This seems interesting and is good for killing BUT is a bit overpowered. But overall I like it. :)
    Here is a sprite:
    Icicle Chain.png

Baconfry likes this.
  8. Oilura

Oilura Terrarian

Thanks!