Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ew, gross idea!

• Just no.

• I like pancakes.

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
So here it is! My thread! You've clicked on it, expecting to see some gross stuff, only to read this line and be disappointed. Oh well, here we go.
By the way, I made my first sprite for this thread! It actually turned out pretty good, to be honest. (Icky Stuff sprite is kind of broken, sorry about that)

Icky Stuff!
It's... well... it's ew.
Icky Stuff drops in groups of 10-20 from Toxic Sludge with a 1/30 droprate. It looks like this:
85906-e4067b082ca0dce4a3f250f3d6d216c6.jpg
Yes this is Icky Stuff. Sprite thanks to @S4nders
Icky Stuff is a material and can be placed on blocks. When placed, it looks like it is kind of half-way through covering the block, and it drips (shudder). When you walk on that block, it gives you the 'Gross!' debuff for 30 seconds. 'Gross!' makes NPC's walk away from you and slows you down a bit.

It is used in making Icky Juice, Gross Wings, Icky Shuriken, and Icky Blocks.

Icky Juice: Crafted at a bottle with Bottled Water and 3 Icky Stuff.Icky Juice.png
Icky Juice, when drunk, gives you the buff 'Sticky' which makes slimes spawn more often.
"I wouldn't drink that if I were you"

Gross Wings: Crafted with 20 Souls of Flight and 50 Icky Stuff.
Has a flight height (See what I did there?) of 50 blocks. This makes them easy to obtain while also the worst wings of the game.
"How does that even WORK?"

Icky Shuriken: coming soon, no time right now.

Icky Blocks: Crafted with 1 Icky Stuff at a solidifier. Makes 1 Icky Block.Icky Block.png
Icky Blocks are green and drippy and look sort of like Slime Blocks. They have their own furniture as well as give the 'Gross!'

So how do you like it? Too gross for you? I will be adding sprites as I make them, so fell free to come back.:)

Attachments

• New Piskel.png
    New Piskel.png
    199 bytes · Views: 131
  • Icky in a Bottle.png
    Icky in a Bottle.png
    162 bytes · Views: 119
Last edited:
The sprites are too big, try staying under 16x16 and in your case about 12x12 pixels for an item or 6x6 pixels for one tile. Try using an existent sprite and working from there. You can resize them so people can still see them on the forum, though. I'll help you for one sprite:
icky.png

Also, I suggest you make it work differently. For decreased mob spawns, we have Peace Candles and Calming Potions, so adding another potion with the same purpose would not be necessary. You could make it a throwable potion for fun purposes but then again, we've already got the Stink Potion functioning identically.
The furniture would be cool. Even though it's very similar to a painted Slime Block furniture set, as long as you make it have many 'icky' droplets and all that it could be different enough. But make sure you improve your spritework first before you make a whole furniture set.
The icky in a bottle is a no, as it's by far not original enough. The fart in a jar is enough.
In short, we already have very similar alternatives for the items you mentioned.

Green slimes are an enemy too common for this purpose. Why not use Toxic Sludge? He isn't very interesting right now. You could make new items, such as a throwable icky weapon that inflicts an icky debuff which is 'toxic' alas damaging (hence the toxic sludge), it should be powerful enough to fit into hardmode.

Good luck on this suggestions and the ones to come.

Attachments

• icky.png
    icky.png
    296 bytes · Views: 117
The sprites are too big, try staying under 16x16 and in your case about 12x12 pixels for an item or 6x6 pixels for one tile. Try using an existent sprite and working from there. You can resize them so people can still see them on the forum, though. I'll help you for one sprite:
index.php

Also, I suggest you make it work differently. For decreased mob spawns, we have Peace Candles and Calming Potions, so adding another potion with the same purpose would not be necessary. You could make it a throwable potion for fun purposes but then again, we've already got the Stink Potion functioning identically.
The furniture would be cool. Even though it's very similar to a painted Slime Block furniture set, as long as you make it have many 'icky' droplets and all that it could be different enough. But make sure you improve your spritework first before you make a whole furniture set.
The icky in a bottle is a no, as it's by far not original enough. The fart in a jar is enough.
In short, we already have very similar alternatives for the items you mentioned.

Green slimes are an enemy too common for this purpose. Why not use Toxic Sludge? He isn't very interesting right now. You could make new items, such as a throwable icky weapon that inflicts an icky debuff which is 'toxic' alas damaging (hence the toxic sludge), it should be powerful enough to fit into hardmode.

Good luck on this suggestions and the ones to come.
Thanks for the criticism, but these are my first sprites, so they were not so good to say the least. The reasoning I had behind the decreased enemy spawns, though, was that Icky Stuff is super gross and the enemies are trying to stay away. I'll change it, however, to something different. But thanks for the sprite!

Back
Top Bottom