Mobile iCloud

AlexanderD

Terrarian
Hey.

Run into some issues with saves disappearing/not possible to access them in iCloud on iOS/iPad. Any similar occurrences and potential remedies? Am I better off saving locally? What happens if I need to reinstall then, and how can I keep a safe back up then? I thought that the whole idea of iCloud was to guarantee this.

Hey.

Run into some issues with saves disappearing/not possible to access them in iCloud on iOS/iPad. Any similar occurrences and potential remedies? Am I better off saving locally? What happens if I need to reinstall then, and how can I keep a safe back up then? I thought that the whole idea of iCloud was to guarantee this.
Hi there @AlexanderD, although I haven't had too many problems with cloud saves on iOS, there are some that find it doesn't work as well as it should.

Some things to double check on would be to make sure you have enough cloud storage, make sure your internet connection is stable, and to make sure you have the cloud drive setting on your device enabled. On iOS it's at Settings>Profile>iCloud>iCloud Drive.

I find that making backups within the game to both local and cloud slots works best for me. Instructions here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Hi there @AlexanderD, although I haven't had too many problems with cloud saves on iOS, there are some that find it doesn't work as well as it should.

Some things to double check on would be to make sure you have enough cloud storage, make sure your internet connection is stable, and to make sure you have the cloud drive setting on your device enabled. On iOS it's at Settings>Profile>iCloud>iCloud Drive.

I find that making backups within the game to both local and cloud slots works best for me. Instructions here: Mobile Backup Instructions

Hello. Thank you and I appreciate the reply as well! :) I guess that you are the "boss", here? He-he! :) I got another question, if you do not mind - in regards to the 1.3 mobile update: I keep hearing about some kind of a "reset" and my question is if there are any potential disadvantages to start playing now opposed to waiting to an update? For example, losing some items when the update comes out (meaning that I worked for nothing :( ) or the game just being better after the update? (My understanding is that the update is due in 2019, so it is plenty of time idling until then.)

Hello. Thank you and I appreciate the reply as well! :) I guess that you are the "boss", here? He-he! :) I got another question, if you do not mind - in regards to the 1.3 mobile update: I keep hearing about some kind of a "reset" and my question is if there are any potential disadvantages to start playing now opposed to waiting to an update? For example, losing some items when the update comes out (meaning that I worked for nothing :( ) or the game just being better after the update? (My understanding is that the update is due in 2019, so it is plenty of time idling until then.)
The reset term is meant to explain that the code itself will be reset. It will be entirely new code. The plan is that no worlds or characters will be lost. So in my opinion I’d start playing now and enjoy it. Make frequent backups within the game and hopefully when the new update comes out nothing should be lost.

I have had a very stable experience on iOS with Terraria. There have been others that have not though. Be sure to give the game plenty of time to save.

I had the same problem, I used to play the game ocasionally and I never had any problem until this last update
With the new 1.3 mobile version, the developers have made it possible for you to be more in charge of your own saves. You're allowed now to have direct access to the saves files so that you can make copies and backups of them, even send your own world files to friends.

More info on the files are here: Terraria Mobile 1.3 Local File Structure, Explained

Then specific to Android or iOS are here:
Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for Android
Terraria Mobile 1.3 Backup/Restore Instructions for iOS

Back
Top Bottom