Biomes & Nature "I'd like a better Clentaminator" wish post

2mg

Terrarian
Please consider adding some late/endgame terraforming solutions, I'm kinda tired of seeing my worlds like this:

clean.jpg

Fun facts:
I had to dig those solo, in Master Mode, before WoF.
Yes, with a Molten pickaxe, while being harassed by Master Mode enemies.
It's beyond tedious.
And it ruined the world more than the world's evil ever would...

I feel this. The Clentaminator can really struggle sometimes. As you're trying to illustrate here, its reach doesn't quite go deep enough, which means a lot of digging hellevators all over the place to get anything done. However, there's another problem that I think should be added on here, and that's the width of its effect.
Basically, when you're not moving down in a straight line, and you're basically trying to just sweep across the screen in a smaller area, shooting in more of a circular fashion, it is very easy for little tiny bits of infection to get missed, hidden by the darkness in the walls, and the only real way to avoid this is to waste Solution by re-trying multiple times and crossing your fingers that you didn't miss any.

I feel this. The Clentaminator can really struggle sometimes. As you're trying to illustrate here, its reach doesn't quite go deep enough, which means a lot of digging hellevators all over the place to get anything done. However, there's another problem that I think should be added on here, and that's the width of its effect.
Basically, when you're not moving down in a straight line, and you're basically trying to just sweep across the screen in a smaller area, shooting in more of a circular fashion, it is very easy for little tiny bits of infection to get missed, hidden by the darkness in the walls, and the only real way to avoid this is to waste Solution by re-trying multiple times and crossing your fingers that you didn't miss any.

I also feel that resorting to external map viewers to check for blocks missed by the Clentaminator (because it's the best tool we have) is just bad design.

For the recommended "make 2 blocks wide shafts every 58 blocks" for a tool with 60 blocks reach, you can be sure 100% it will always miss a few blocks - meaning the 60 block range is misleading, and it also means you need 4 blocks wide tunnels just to be 99.9% sure.

I understand that it's supposed to "miss a block to surprise you", but even at 58 blocks distanced shafts, it is extremely unreliable.

And the worst complaint I have is that I need to prep the terrain with a Molten Pickaxe which is so, soooo painful, boring, and tedious.

It's purpose should be mid-Hardmode detterent tool, but we need a proper late/endgame cleanup tool. If we can have Limitless Water/Lava Buckets, DCU and what not to play our worlds as we please, and the spread and enemies from evil/Hallow biomes becoming a joke later, the whole "spread threat" becomes irrelevant.

We can now fight the head honcho of the Hallow, can't we? I think that should at least provide an option to control the Hallow's spread.

It's purpose should be mid-Hardmode deterrent tool, but we need a proper late/endgame cleanup tool. If we can have Limitless Water/Lava Buckets, DCU and what not to play our worlds as we please, and the spread and enemies from evil/Hallow biomes becoming a joke later, the whole "spread threat" becomes irrelevant.

I was thinking about this the other day, actually. I came up with a sort of "Thanos Snap" clentaminator, the recipe of which is: Clentaminator, all the Mech-boss souls and fifteen Luminite Bars. It's called the "Clentaminator Plus", and it doesn't require solution. All you need to do is right-click with this in your hand, and choose what to do with your world: Hallow, Corruption, Crimson (yes, even in corrupt worlds and vice versa), the works. Then left-click, and *BOOM*, your whole world is pure/evil/Disneyland!

Good idea or what?

I was thinking about this the other day, actually. I came up with a sort of "Thanos Snap" clentaminator, the recipe of which is: Clentaminator, all the Mech-boss souls and fifteen Luminite Bars. It's called the "Clentaminator Plus", and it doesn't require solution. All you need to do is right-click with this in your hand, and choose what to do with your world: Hallow, Corruption, Crimson (yes, even in corrupt worlds and vice versa), the works. Then left-click, and *BOOM*, your whole world is pure/evil/Disneyland!

Good idea or what?

At this point I just don't care. Clentaminator is a midHM detterant tool, basically your weapon against biome spread.
Late game needs something beefed up. A bomb like scarab bomb that would go infinite blocks and spread X solution would work, just run and spam it downwards. Or with a massive aoe like what zoologist sells to change biome backgrounds.
Basically anything thats better than Clentaminator.

At this point I just don't care. Clentaminator is a midHM detterant tool, basically your weapon against biome spread.
Late game needs something beefed up. A bomb like scarab bomb that would go infinite blocks and spread X solution would work, just run and spam it downwards. Or with a massive aoe like what zoologist sells to change biome backgrounds.
Basically anything thats better than Clentaminator.
An option to turn off or reverse the spread of the Hallow and Corruption/Crimson would be good.

Back
Top Bottom