PC I'd love to play Expert mode...

MilesUpshur546

Spazmatism
But I'm kinda bad. I have over 1200 hours in this game and haven't beat MoonLord in Expert mode without cheating in some way. I think the furthest I have gotten was the Lunatic cultist, but that was with mods like Calamity and Thorium. So I want to change that.

I'm looking to get together a team of 3 other people, to each take up a class. I like to stick to the standard 4 classes; Melee, Ranged, Magic, and Summoner. (I don't recognize thrower, but I hope Journey's end fixes that. Until then, anyone can use throwing weapons.) We'll have some quality of life mods installed, so you'll need Tmodloader too.

Here's the list of mods:
AutoTrash
Boss checklist
BossHealthBar
imkSushisMod
MaxStackPlus
OmniSquing
QualityOfLifeRecipies
RecipieBrowser
ShorterRespawn
Veinminer
WheresMyItems
Wingslot

Don't go download them all! If you reply to this thread or add me on steam, I'll add you to the Discord, where you can get the modpack file, chat, and where we can use voice chat. I'm hoping you'll all have mics unless you think you can type "Watch out dude, he's coming right for ya!" faster than any of the bosses can come right for ya... In addition, I hope that we can all be in a similar timezone. My timezone is Eastern Daylight Time, in Maryland US. We can discuss exact dates and start times once we all get settled in, but as long as we're within a few hours of each other it should work out.

Anyway, I hope I get at least one person who's good at building Arenas and such because that's not my strongest suit. Other than that, I hope you're prepared to die... a lot. I mainly play Ranger or Mage, so once someone selects ranger, I'll pick mage or vice versa. I cross each role off as they are reserved.

Available Classes:
Ranger
Mage
Melee
Summoner

Oh, and here's my steam profile link: Steam Community :: Satan

Hope to meet you soon. (I'm awkward too, so don't be scared.)

Last edited:
But I'm kinda bad. I have over 1200 hours in this game and haven't beat MoonLord in Expert mode without cheating in some way. I think the furthest I have gotten was the Lunatic cultist, but that was with mods like Calamity and Thorium. So I want to change that.

I'm looking to get together a team of 3 other people, to each take up a class. I like to stick to the standard 4 classes; Melee, Ranged, Magic, and Summoner. (I don't recognize thrower, but I hope Journey's end fixes that. Until then, anyone can use throwing weapons.) We'll have some quality of life mods installed, so you'll need Tmodloader too.

Here's the list of mods:
AutoTrash
Boss checklist
BossHealthBar
imkSushisMod
MaxStackPlus
OmniSquing
QualityOfLifeRecipies
RecipieBrowser
ShorterRespawn
Veinminer
WheresMyItems
Wingslot

Don't go download them all! If you reply to this thread or add me on steam, I'll add you to the Discord, where you can get the modpack file, chat, and where we can use voice chat. I'm hoping you'll all have mics unless you think you can type "Watch out dude, he's coming right for ya!" faster than any of the bosses can come right for ya... In addition, I hope that we can all be in a similar timezone. My timezone is Eastern Daylight Time, in Maryland US. We can discuss exact dates and start times once we all get settled in, but as long as we're within a few hours of each other it should work out.

Anyway, I hope I get at least one person who's good at building Arenas and such because that's not my strongest suit. Other than that, I hope you're prepared to die... a lot. I mainly play Ranger or Mage, so once someone selects ranger, I'll pick mage or vice versa. I cross each role off as they are reserved.

Available Classes:
Ranger
Mage
Melee
Summoner

Oh, and here's my steam profile link: Steam Community :: Satan

Hope to meet you soon. (I'm awkward too, so don't be scared.)
Welp, I would be interested in a vanilla playthrough :/
I don't really like mods, mostly because they don't like my PC. Also I think the core experience is already great.

Anyway, enough forcing my opinions apon you. Hope you find some people.

I don't really like mods, mostly because they don't like my PC. Also I think the core experience is already great.

If you don't like them due to technical reasons, that's understandable. But the mods I'm using here still keep it mostly vanilla. It doesn't add any new weapons, armor, tools, or bosses, so progression is still identical to vanilla. It does add a few accessories so that you can combine existing accessories further. (Like combining Frostspark boots with Lava Waders.)

I personally never liked the limited slots and having to pick and choose because there are so many good accessories, I always feel like I'm missing out, even when I have the "best" combinations. You still have to do that, it doesn't let you combine EVERY accessory, like Fargo's mod, but it makes it a little better.

And these days I just can't live without imkSushi's mod, because it just makes farming more reasonable.

Besides, I was just like you for a while. You'll upgrade [Your computer] and come around eventually. ;)

It is not within my budget to upgrade my computer at any point soon.

I personally think the limited accessory slots make it more challenging and strategic, meaning you pick and choose carefully. You can be quickly swapping between them for their effects during an intense battle.

I think farming works fine as-is, and serves its purpose in potion brewing perfectly.

I restate my standpoint however. I am a vanilla player, because it is already great.
No need to fix what's working fine.

Anyway, good luck finding someone to play with :)

Can I join? I won't be available on weekdays though, until the evenings. I want to take up mage, but I can switch to any class if someone wants mage more.

Not bragging, showing my skills: Good at building arenas, Good at building, Good at Terraria, Has beaten Duke Fishron with 0 defense on Expert pre-Plantera, 1700 hours.

Can I join? I won't be available on weekdays though, until the evenings. I want to take up mage, but I can switch to any class if someone wants mage more.

Not bragging, showing my skills: Good at building arenas, Good at building, Good at Terraria, Has beaten Duke Fishron with 0 defense on Expert pre-Plantera, 1700 hours.
And my best achivement is defeat wall of flesh on expert xD

Alright, seeing as some interest has been taken, I've decided to just take my barely playable game and deal with it.

I have been quite biased against mods, so count me in for giving it a shot.

You just linked evidence in favour of what I said.
I am 14h ahead

Screenshot_20191027-142947__01.jpg

Funny back and forth. Sadly, I already have a full group (I went and asked around on the Terraria Discord, much faster BTW.) so I don't really have any room. (Unless you want to fight Planterra as a thrower...) We're likely to do another playthrough after this one, but with Thorium, which has two new classes and expands thrower enough to be played. If you're interested in that, let me know. Otherwise, I'm sorry about not updating this thread. I kinda forgot about it since it wasn't getting much traction anyway.

:)

Back
Top Bottom