Idea for a hoik farm

Yoloman6323

Terrarian
Forgive me if someone already thought of this but what if you set up a farm forcing mobs to spawn on a platform that then will be actuated and when they drop they drop into a hoik system that pushes them into a pit of lava `:cool:

that's one of the most basic and most popular uses of hoiks. Check the original hoiktronics videos by ZeroGravitas to see tons of examples using natural mobs and statue spawns.

use hoiks to push players into lava instead, even if they are on the same color team as you :p

Sometimes you want just the high value items and they do not burn in lava, especially during a moon event, you need to kill the mobs and get the next ones in fast to get to the final wave or wave 20 on frost moon, so sometimes its just about moving forward and not worrying about every little drop. And also, if it is a money farm, maybe you do the opposite and use less lava to get the job done but time isn't quite as important.

Yeah, this is a basic idea. ZeroGravitas and such are great. I also just got an unlimited item plugin for iOS so I made a huge empty room and experimented with farms. Any discoveries or great designs I come across I will share ;)

Thanks for the feed back and I do agree with the whole items burning in lava thing, its amazing how close this forum is and even though I may not be quite the engineer I do hope to learn a lot from this place

If you want to move the item drops to a specific spot, @MappyGaming has some videos on YouTube where he makes use of [Insert name of item that moves players, items, etc]. Though it's not about hook farming, but it's a good idea to put to use if you want to move items to a specific location.

Back
Top Bottom