Sprites Idea for the Beach — Da Coconut Nut!

(Quick note: this is all PHM.)

Coconuts!

Ah, the sea. So beautiful. So mysterious. So...
Lacking of coconuts!

They would appear on palm trees on the beach randomly, and would drop along with the wood when the tree is chopped down. If it were hit with a projectile, it would fall down and act like a weaker boulder, eventually placing itself on the ground, letting you mine it (see below). Up to two could appear on a tree at once.

pixil-frame-0 (1).png
Coconut

Can be placed
Tooltip: Its shell is hard, but looks breakable.

You can place dropped Coconuts (Taking up 2x2 blocks), then they have a use. Breaking them again (with a hammer) will drop two Coconut Shells and produce 1 Milk (a liquid).
pixil-frame-0 (2).png

Bottled Milk
Consumable
Restores 80 Health
Tooltip: Full of Coconut Milk.

pixil-frame-0 (3).png
Coconut Shell
Material

Other Stuff!

Coconut Armour:

pixil-frame-0 (4).png
Coconut Shellmet
Equipable
2 Defense
Crafted with 10 Coconut Shells at an Anvil

pixil-frame-0 (5).png
Coconut Chestplate
Equipable
2 Defense
Crafted with 15 Coconut Shells at an Anvil
pixil-frame-0 (6).png

Coconut Treads
Equipable
3 Defense
Crafted with 10 Coconut Shells at an Anvil

Set bonus: 1 Defense

Last edited:
You realize you can get this armor at the same time as the Palm Wood Armor, right? Unless you're trying to replace Palm Wood Armor, which, hm. Not sure how I feel about either option.
Regardless, I'd say tone the defense down by a lot.
The milk's cool, though.

KK. I'll admit the sprites aren't great — I did make them myself.
Everyone has to start somewhere, you should've seen my first ever Terraria sprites, they were so ugly :dryadtongue:
A good way to start is to trace pre-existing items, even sometimes a simple re-colour can look nice.

Reactions: Bry
There are actually something in the game that's pretty much coconut, that is, plant an acorn in the sand, the seedling will look like something like a sprouting(?) coconut. I'm pretty sure it even has 4 variants according to what sand it's planted in (purity, corrupt, crimson, hallow).

Maybe could try to use those for the spites?

I dunno about the armor, but okay.
but rather than dropping when you cut the palm tree, it might would be more interesting if it can be aquired without destroying the tree, e.g. if it's on the tree, knock it down with an arrow or whatever other attacks, or something. even funnier if it would hurt enemies when falling down.
kind of like a weaker boulder. XD

Back
Top Bottom