Game Mechanics Idea of summoner's staffs second mode

Would you like to see this feature in the future?

• Yes, all staffs should have this function

• Yes, it should be a single weapon to craft

• Rather no.

• No, it sucks.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Veller

Official Terrarian
Hi!

I haven't found similar thread - I'm sorry if one with similar idea already exist.

Once upon a time when I was playing summoner class I got an idea. Summoners are mainly about summon minions and nothing else. They can of course use a gun, or something else, but it is difficult when we want to play with only minions.

So, what if the summoners staffs had an mana consuming alternative attack performed by right-click (or holding the right mouse button), that might look like life drains attack, and will force all minions (for example - of type that the staff summons) to attack the enemy at position of mouse? It may be quicker than manually summon, for example, 5 minions near to the enemy that we want to take down first. It may allow some nice tactical decisions during boss fights, make summoners much more effective in pvp, etc.

Maybe this function can be applied to a new weapon that will do only this, and maybe will slightly boost minion attack? What are you thinking about it? Is it good idea?
I'll be very happy for the response and your opinions.

If I remember correctly, a recent version (possibly 1.3.4; the Dungeon Defenders 2 crossover update) already has a feature where minions prioritise enemy/ies under the mouse cursor. So that part is already done. :)

Summoners do offer flexibility in how they play: you summon the minions then you can use whatever weapons you like. Giving the summoning staffs a secondary function is an interesting idea. Might need to be expanded on a little bit though -- what the staffs will do, how it will work, etc.

Actually, holding a Summoner weapon and right-clicking an enemy will put a purple target on the enemy, telling your minions to seek out and destroy it...

Actually, holding a Summoner weapon and right-clicking an enemy will put a purple target on the enemy, telling your minions to seek out and destroy it...

Yeah, but I think it can be not like 1 click, but something that can require more attention, and make using another's classes weapons less profitable. For example, aiming and holding right mouse button, that will give minions more attack power, or speed up their attacks.

Back
Top Bottom