NPCs & Enemies Idea? TEMPLE PROTECTOR!

ethan2

Spazmatism
The temple protector is basically a dungeon guardian, just stronger, and resides in the temple, and spawns if you enter the temple Pre-Plantera. He looks just like a golem head, except he has insanely high defense and health, not to mention goes at 50mph in-game.
Stats:
50000/99999/199998/299997 Health.
5000/9999/19998/29997 Damage.
5000/9999/19998/29997 Defense.
Drops a strange claw, which is a pet item that summons a small baby ocram, which is nicknamed an "Ocrama". This is due to me feeling like giving it an ocram themed pet.

plus cute

download.png

I think that this addition to the game would only be annoying, because there's no need of having a guardian kind of defense for the temple. The Jungle Temple doesn't have anything valuable and you also can't kill Golem before plantera or anything, so, yeah, that's it.

I think that this addition to the game would only be annoying, because there's no need of having a guardian kind of defense for the temple. The Jungle Temple doesn't have anything valuable and you also can't kill Golem before plantera or anything, so, yeah, that's it.
I agree but still access to the mobs and those items (solar tablet and fragments etc) should be protected.

I agree but still access to the mobs and those items (solar tablet and fragments etc) should be protected.
I would agree but there’s not much you can do with chest loot. Early solar eclipses don’t break the game too bad, power cells can’t be used until post-plantera, and I’ve seen Tungsten Bars and stuff in them, which aren’t that useful post-WoF.

I would agree but there’s not much you can do with chest loot. Early solar eclipses don’t break the game too bad, power cells can’t be used until post-plantera, and I’ve seen Tungsten Bars and stuff in them, which aren’t that useful post-WoF.

In my mind it’s more of a difficulty thing that shouldn’t be accessed early especially in easy mode…meaning the solar eclipse. That’s one of two reasons why things are blocked or protected in the game…difficulty and access to items too early.

In my mind it’s more of a difficulty thing that shouldn’t be accessed early especially in easy mode…meaning the solar eclipse. That’s one of two reasons why things are blocked or protected in the game…difficulty and access to items too early.
Duke isn't blocked yet is difficult to do for most players premech, just because something is difficult to do doesn't mean it should be blocked. The main times things are blocked is when they're easy to get and break progression. Such as getting into the dungeon, reavershark, early golem.

not an easy task. It's not like they can just remove hoiks.
They could make the door a 3x2 structure while closed instead of a 3x1 structure. Easy.

Also it's not a hoik it's a oneway, platform hoiks and platform oneways are actually two different things which hinge on two different janky mechanics.
1675301397491.png
1675301441760.png

Above is the classic oneway that's commonly used to clip through the temple door. You can tell it's not a hoik because it doesn't make the distinct jerking "hoik" motion that hoiks were both named for and popularized by. This is what's used for clipping into the temple and it's an entirely different bug than a hoik which hinges on different mechanics.

1675301499680.png
1675301523110.png

This is a basic platform hoik. It's functionally very different from oneways and can't actually be used to clip through blocks as it pushes you away from the surface you're trying to clip through, you can see this by looking at my player's eye trail and fire boots to see that he's trying to walk through but getting pushed back. THIS is a platform hoik, and it cannot be used to enter the temple.

Sorry for the tangent I'm just pretty tired of seeing people mix these up.
Anyway:
1675301848945.png

As you can see, just make the door 2 blocks wide and you've instantly solved the problem.

Sorry for the tangent I'm just pretty tired of seeing people mix these up.
Anyway:
View attachment 398304
As you can see, just make the door 2 blocks wide and you've instantly solved the problem.
I've always seen people refer to em as a hoik, not necessarily anything else interesting to see the proper name though. Also an actual hoik can still get through. Here is an example of a hoik I use to get out of the temple but can be replicated for getting in

Attachments

• Terraria_ Terraria_ Terraria_ 2_1_2023 8_46_23 PM (2).png
    Terraria_ Terraria_ Terraria_ 2_1_2023 8_46_23 PM (2).png
    28.1 KB · Views: 46
I've always seen people refer to em as a hoik, not necessarily anything else interesting to see the proper name though. Also an actual hoik can still get through. Here is an example of a hoik I use to get out of the temple but can be replicated for getting in
I forgot you could slope temple brick before killing golem, whoops.

I told my opinion on a thread that was basically the same topic like a week ago, but, why are people so concerned about it? the only useful thing there are solar tablets which can't be used pre-hardmode ...the only benefit is that you can summon solar eclipses as soon as you're in hardmode, but I think they can happen on their own as well, just the chance for it is quite small. (and many of the ecplise enemies doesn't spawn early hardmode. though it do allows you to get a neptun's shell, moon stone, and broken bat wings, if you're lucky)

But also, I think it is possible, although rare for a lizhard chest generates in the area outside of the door, and it can contain a solar tablet I think, and additionally, lizhards and flying snakes can spawn outside of the temple in the case if the temple's entrance has natural lizhard brick walls. so, I think you can acquire table fragments in some cases even without breaking in the temple via hoik, or any other method.

if you ever tried to break in, you will see that there's really nothing of high-value there. besides solar tablets, but in some cases I think you can get them without even entering the temple, and they're also of no use early game.

Back
Top Bottom