NPCs & Enemies Idea? TEMPLE PROTECTOR!

if you ever tried to break in, you will see that there's really nothing of high-value there. besides solar tablets, but in some cases I think you can get them without even entering the temple, and they're also of no use early game.
So the only thing that can come of entering the temple early is that if you do it premech and get a tablet you can summon a solar eclipse and get bat wings and moon stone early. It's not game breaking, but you can do that. Solar eclipses don't happen naturally until 1 mech is defeated.

So the only thing that can come of entering the temple early is that if you do it premech and get a tablet you can summon a solar eclipse and get bat wings and moon stone early. It's not game breaking, but you can do that. Solar eclipses don't happen naturally until 1 mech is defeated.
And youre not supposed to be able to summon them manually until post plantera. The brick is unreakable, the door requires a key dropped only by plantera, you cannot bucket shimmer until far later, CLEARLY you are not supposed to be able to get in early.

And youre not supposed to be able to summon them manually until post plantera. The brick is unreakable, the door requires a key dropped only by plantera, you cannot bucket shimmer until far later, CLEARLY you are not supposed to be able to get in early.
But even not supposed to enter, there's no reason for a TEMPLE PROTECTOR. All the items you can get in the temple aren't all that valuable as said earlier. So no need to add this. It's like wanting to protect the Underworld before you kill EoW/BoC and Skeletron, just because it breaks the game progression. It's absurdly ridiculous. No sense.

But even not supposed to enter, there's no reason for a TEMPLE PROTECTOR. All the items you can get in the temple aren't all that valuable as said earlier. So no need to add this. It's like wanting to protect the Underworld before you kill EoW/BoC and Skeletron, just because it breaks the game progression. It's absurdly ridiculous. No sense.
technically the underworld has the Demon Scythe and Magma Stone
I second this though, by the time you're "supposed" to manually summon solar eclipses the only relevant loot is Broken Hero Sword for Terra Blade. It's quite literally healthier for game balance if you can more easily access the solar eclipse drops before they become irrelevant.

The temple protector is basically a dungeon guardian, just stronger, and resides in the temple, and spawns if you enter the temple Pre-Plantera. He looks just like a golem head, except he has insanely high defense and health, not to mention goes at 50mph in-game.
Stats:
50000/99999/199998/299997 Health.
5000/9999/19998/29997 Damage.
5000/9999/19998/29997 Defense.
Drops a strange claw, which is a pet item that summons a small baby ocram, which is nicknamed an "Ocrama". This is due to me feeling like giving it an ocram themed pet.
This would be a nice callback to the old terraria days.
In other words, I love the idea

Ok, Ok, OK EVERYONE. I UNDERSTAND! It is indeed easy to get in the temple pre-plant, heck, it's even possible PRE-BOSS. ALL YOU NEED IS A WOODEN HAMMER AND 3 PLATFORMS TO HOIK IN! Plus, I understand it's not THAT VALUABLE! The dungeon enemies don't drop good loot pre plant, and they don't spawn pre skeletron, so the chests can't be opened, just leaving only the water bolt and water candle obtainable early, BUT THEY STILL ADDED THE DUNGEON GUARDIAN, and we don't hate him. Plus, It would really show that the devs care about game progression. So, please stop sending hate, it's just a harder variant of the ol' DG; so please just say things that can be changed, or small ideas; and please say your opinions in a nicer fashion, like "i believe this isn't that good of an idea, as the temple is useless pre-plant.", instead of bombarding me with reasons; it worsens my social anxiety.

The dungeon enemies don't drop good loot pre plant, and they don't spawn pre skeletron, so the chests can't be opened, just leaving only the water bolt and water candle obtainable early, BUT THEY STILL ADDED THE DUNGEON GUARDIAN
You can get golden keys from pots or wood chests in the dungeon, doesn't need to be enemies. On the drunk world the enemies will spawn before plantera, as well as water bolt was moved to underground dungeon because it was really good when obtained early. Even with these in mind, no one is hating you, just stated why a guardian isn't needed for something like the temple like the dungeon. Dungeon has valuable loot and if it didn't have a guardian you could break game progression easily. Entering the temple early at most can get you a moon stone premech. Not much else.

@Heath04 You.. Didn't understand me. There are not enough wooden chests/pots to get enough keys to open the chests in the dungeon (without INSANE LUCK) and im talking if you turned on god mode to ignore the DGs in journey mode; that you can see NO NORMAL dungeon enemies spawn. Even if they did, they wouldn't give that many useful items other than keys Pre-Plantera, which could MAYBE be useful on chests. Secret seeds are just small little secret challenges, they have nothing to do with progression; other than the achievement known as "A Rare Realm". I do not care about its uselessness/weak gear Pre-Plantera; I only care about core progression. If the temple didn't have a boss, and was just a Post-Plantera money farm, I wouldn't care; and yes, I do know the Lihzahrd Alter doesn't work AT ALL Pre-Plantera, but one sole thing is making me even stronger on this idea, A single Solar Eclipse enemy; The Reaper; specifically the death sickle it drops. This sickle is overpowered, and can somewhat easily carry the player all the way to the pillars. This should ACTUALLY BE GRINDED FOR; whether it takes 12 minutes or 12 years. It shouldnt be as easy as using 3 platforms on a funny octogon in the jungle, and grabbing a tablet from its many compartments until you get it. Now, my ide stands, and that is final. Also, I felt hated as my social anxiety made me feel like the reason why everyone didn't like my idea is because they didn't like me.

@Im_ConfuzzledCobalt I don't think anyone is hating you. I think people are telling their opinion on the topic you - and several other people as well - brought up before.
but I don't really see much reason in adding a temple guardian. I explained already why.

However on the reaper/death sickle,
(from the wiki)
"The Reaper is a Hardmode enemy that spawns during a Solar Eclipse. On the PC version, Console version, Mobile version, Old Chinese version, tModLoader version, and tModLoader 1.3-Legacy version, he will only spawn after all mechanical bosses have been defeated."

So, I don't think you could obtain that early hardmode at all.

You.. Didn't understand me. There are not enough wooden chests/pots to get enough keys to open the chests in the dungeon (without INSANE LUCK) and im talking if you turned on god mode to ignore the DGs in journey mode
It's a 1/35 chance to get a key from a chest, I tested on 2 different worlds and got the key within the first few pots. Could be luck, could be that there is more than 35 pots in that dungeon and the chances of not getting a key from a pot is highly unconventional. Now if you get a key you could get Muramasa which can get you night's edge before beating a boss, which is the reason that has a guardian and not the temple. I personally don't like the idea, because getting a moon stone is really convenient as of 1.4.4.9, since on a corruption world you cannot get flesh knuckles without an annoying grind from naturally spawning biome mimics, so moon stone is the accessory that makes corruption world tank builds viable.

BUT THEY STILL ADDED THE DUNGEON GUARDIAN, and we don't hate him.
Let me explain dude: We don't hate the dungeon guardian because it was already in the game a long time ago, maybe even since the creation of the game (idk exactly because I didn't play the game that early, but I still got my point on this). On the other hand, we are used to entering the temple (or being allowed to) even before any boss has been beaten. So yes, I would hate it if a :red:ing temple protector prevented me from entering the temple freely. Just don't be a :red: with this please (and I don't want to offend you), but think of the lives of all the Terraria fans RUINED by this being implemented.
This should ACTUALLY BE GRINDED FOR;
Also, we all are tired of grinding. We all just want easy loot.
I felt hated as my social anxiety made me feel like the reason why everyone didn't like my idea is because they didn't like me.
I understand you because I also get anxious when typing in any forum with strange people, but we (or at least me) don't hate you! We just don't agree with your idea, because if it gets implemented it will affect our gameplays too! Just that my friend.

I know its post mech, BUT ITS PRE PLANT. Meaning entering early could break its grind to get it.

Also, a bit of info, i came with the idea of if you killed the temple guardian, you'd be able to enter freely again; with no enemies at all, due to the lore of this phenomenon being the lihzahrds are scared of your power now; and are hiding.

I know its post mech, BUT ITS PRE PLANT. Meaning entering early could break its grind to get it.
Solar eclipses aren't that uncommon - especially if you try to just build something complex, you get 2 in a row with 3 blood moons as a free bonus - erm, anyway, reapers are quite common post mech, and the death sickle isn't at all rare. eclipses last the entire day, so chances are high you can get a death sickle the first post-mech eclipse.

Also, a bit of info, i came with the idea of if you killed the temple guardian, you'd be able to enter freely again; with no enemies at all, due to the lore of this phenomenon being the lihzahrds are scared of your power now; and are hiding.
I think that would be bad because bestiary, and also because lizhards (and flying snakes) are themselves the renewable source of solar tablet fragments, and some other rarities like lizard eggs. it sounds like defeating an overly tough enemy only to shoot yourself on the foot by doing so.

Yea, its just that 3 things: 1. Solar eclipse rare somewhat. 2. Red will give you the metaphorical terraria middle finger; by never giving you the eclipse when you want it, and always giving you it when you don't and just want to build. and 3. The Lihzahrds and whatnot will reappear again after Plantera; as they grew a new pair of balls.

Back
Top Bottom