[Idea] XL/XS worlds

MBCollector672

Terrarian
Sometimes in terraria, even large worlds don't seem big enough. Or maybe you want a mobile world size on PC! Discuss these ideas below please. Maybe somebody can make them...?

Last edited:
No, the problem is Terraria has hardcode in a max map size, I can make larger worlds work if I change a couple lines, but then it's not vanilla anymore.

0PlM36k.jpg

Wait, so you can actually make a world that big an play on it?
I can. I'm trying to add it to TerraCustom for the next update, but some things are giving me trouble, like the underground dessert.

There's also the issue I mentioned where vanilla Terraria won't load them if they are bigger than a large world in any dimension. I guess if have to release the modded exe

I can. I'm trying to add it to TerraCustom for the next update, but some things are giving me trouble, like the underground dessert.

There's also the issue I mentioned where vanilla Terraria won't load them if they are bigger than a large world in any dimension. I guess if have to release the modded exe
Huh... I was under the impression that it was impossible to run larger worlds because the game has the whole world loaded at all times, and there's only a limited amount of ram the game could use to load it.

Huh... I was under the impression that it was impossible to run larger worlds because the game has the whole world loaded at all times, and there's only a limited amount of ram the game could use to load it.
And that's true. Unless something changed in 1.3, which I doubt.
Back in tAPI in 1.2 we had some problems even handling large worlds, due to how we stored modded worlds. In the end we managed to get it to work with some hacks, but a bigger world just couldn't possibly work this way.

Back
Top Bottom