Game Mechanics Ideas about enhanced actuators

Milamber33

Terrarian
Okay, disclaimer: I have done a search and I know a few people have posted suggestions about enhancing actuators in the past, but I have a couple of things to add to the topic which I think are unique and I wasn't sure which thread to resurrect. If a mod thinks this would be best off merged into another thread, by all means.

The impetus for my suggestion is rather specific. I was playing around with base defense and realised to my frustration that I couldn't actuate dart traps without also triggering them. I would like to be able to do so so that I can use them as a pressure pad activated 'door', which shoots enemies who approach via a second pressure pad. The problem should be obvious, anything wired up to trigger actuators on the traps also triggers the traps themselves, and vice versa. I've come up with other ways to defend my base, but it would still be nice to be able to do this, and I have a couple of ideas about how it could be done:
  1. As has been suggested before, coloured actuators which only trigger when wired up with the correct colour of wire. The twist on the previous suggestion for this is that the correct colour of wire triggers the actuator ONLY, not the block it's actuating. Any other colour of wire will then trigger the block but not the actuator.
  2. Making actuators have separate trigger and state change elements. Have one type on the blocks you want to change state, and have the other nearby connected to them. Send a signal to the trigger block and all the state change blocks linked to it change between active and inactive. Honestly though thinking about it you could achieve this effect with a normal switch and the coloured actuators idea above, so I like that more.

Back
Top Bottom