Ideas for making my Plantera farm safer?

Vic 2.0

Terrarian
I'm working on an AFK Plantera farm but she keeps getting clever toward the end of the battle and keeping a hook right above one (or both) of my teleporters, which of course kills me. I've tried setting up switches to turn the teleporters off when needed but she ends up killing me anyway.

What are some general rules I should follow here? Is there an ideal size (or shape) the arena should be? Or any other way to prevent the hooks from getting me?

Last edited:
Use Tea’s (YT) invincibility glitch with the Slimy Saddle, along with some melee boosts, like the Fire Gauntlet, Warrior emblem, etc, along with Fetid Bagnahks.

The slimy saddle invincibility has been patched as of 1.4, so unless they're on console it won't work.

Correct. That glitch doesn't work anymore, sadly.

Do you guys think I'm on the right track with making the arena bigger though? I also thought about making it a perfect square and having four teleporters instead of two, but I don't know how I could set that up to automatically loop around instead of just go back and forth between two (if that makes sense).

I wonder if hoiking would be any better, or worse?

What level of gear do you allow for the farm? Cause if you have a minion that deals high contact damage, you might be able to auto kill crabs or something to generate hearts.

What level of gear do you allow for the farm? Cause if you have a minion that deals high contact damage, you might be able to auto kill crabs or something to generate hearts.

I have all the best gear I can have at this stage. And I have the Optic Staff but of course lava would probably be better since they don't just stay in the box when you teleport away.

Thanks for the reminder on that though, I had forgotten to include a heart generator. Have everything else in place though, include heart lanterns, bast statues, campfires and honey.

The shards.
I'll have to consider that also. Because I've just been throwing on whatever gives me the most Defense. Suffice to say, I need to find a way to keep from getting pinned down by those hooks before I switch my gear to focus more on offense.

I just saw a video of one farm, actually, saying that if you just have a platform with a teleporter (no walls/blocks), Plantera won't have anything to grab onto. Seems to work in the video. At work at the moment so I can't test it out yet, but I'll let you guys know the results when I do!

Yeah, didn't work. Even though Plantera didn't grab onto the teleporter in the video I watched, sure enough she did so with me.

So back to square one :(

I thinking to build a Plantera farm in 1.4 too, to get Dev sets, and all drops, but i wanna to make a fully automatic one, where don't need any player input. So can you talk more about your farm? Maybe a photo, to give me a north... so sad that slimy saddle invincibility machine was gone..

If you wanna grind for dev sets in 1.4, I’d recommend the Mechs. Fight 3 of the same mech and research it, if you’re in journey mode. If not, use the Solar Eruption, Last Prism, Celebration Mk2 or Stardust dragon staff to farm the Destroyer
Piercing is key

Back
Top Bottom