Other Idle Animations

Theo

Official Terrarian
I'd like to see some animation when a character/player or Town NPC stands still. You know, like these guys:
Animated_terraria_slime%28blue%29.gif

It's such a simple little tweak that can make the game kinda more lively.
Here ia a sample created by @MegaMage314:
index.php

There could also be speech bubbles, which would be emitted by NPCs. They would have different sayings, i.e. when a player approaches the NPC, he/she would say aomething like "Hi <player name>!" Or they could talk/chat with other NPCs (i.e. Arms Dealer and Demolisionist arguing: "Explosions rule!" "Guns are better." "A boom is cooler than a bang!" "A bang is more precise than a boom." etc). Or they could monologue (i.e. Merchant's quote: "Sales have been lower today.")
A sample sprite of a speech bubble:
SpeechBubbleSample.png

(Not a high quality sprite, but you get the point)

A banner made by @darthmorf
idle animations.gif

Copy and paste this to your signature:
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/idle-animations.6581/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/idle-animations-gif.13644/[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:
It was revealed that the Town NPCs would have more interaction with the environment in 1.3... i.e. sitting in chairs, talking with each other, etc

It was revealed that the Town NPCs would have more interaction with the environment in 1.3... i.e. sitting in chairs, talking with each other, etc
This could be extended to characters too. For example, when you create one for the first time, you could choose which idle animation you like.

As much as I'd love to see this, it would probably only be made on NPCs if implemented, because of differing player sprites and the need to resprite them all. But great and simple idea!

As much as I'd love to see this, it would probably only be made on NPCs if implemented, because of differing player sprites and the need to resprite them all. But great and simple idea!
Well, with the animation I made only the face is animated. Implementing that wouldn't require a bunch of new armor sprites like implementing sitting.

Well, with the animation I made only the face is animated. Implementing that wouldn't require a bunch of new armor sprites like implementing sitting.
That's true, but what about different skin colors? Eye color? They change the face sprite, not sure how easy that would be to change, never sprited anything decent in my life.

Back
Top Bottom