If you were a boss in Terraria..

If I were a Terraria boss, my skillset would be magick-based
[involving blood magick and summoning spells], and my drops would be:
Death Sickle [35%]
x15 Blood Water [100%]
20-35 Gold Coins [100%]
x15 Dark Shards [100]

Ever tried to kill a meowmere? I think not... Either way I would drop
[Yarn Ball 99.99% (because in life nothing is 100%) it would summon a actual meowmere as a pet that can attack stuff. (HOW DO YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!)]

But as a boss my attack strategy would be similar to BoC with some mini cats following me around and when you kill those The cat eyes on me turn red and I will start swinging at you shooting very large cat projectiles

Name: Praizmlet
Life: 0
Damage: 0
Defense: 0
Hability: be :red:ed

Drops:
:red:ed soul
Idiot ores
Expert drops:
Demented bag:
Idiot accessory:
Defense: -100
Mana: -200
Life: -500

Craftings:
Idiot bars: 1 idiot ore
Idiot bricks: 1 idiot ore, one rock
Idiot sword: 0 damage, 0% crit chance, 1 idiot bar
Idiot axe: 0% power of axe, 1 idiot bar
Idiot pickaxe: 0% power of pickaxe, 1 idiot bar
Idiot hammer: 0% power of hammer, 1 idiot bar

I'd probably drop items that are from other games, like Half Life 2's Gravity Gun, Breath of the Wild's Champion's Tunic, and the trophy would be an amiibo of my character. Just throwing out some ideas though.

Name: Demon Princess
Summoning: Hardmode, 10% Chance to Spawn Instead of Moon Lord when using Celestial Sigil. Spawns Instantly in similar manner to Moon Lord
Theme Song: Boss 2 Overhaul (the Overhaul remix for Boss 2)
Unique Summon Message: You killed the Demon Princess' father, it's her turn to kill you!
Attacks (Phase One): Summons 10 'The Hungry' every 5 seconds, Spews Shadowfireballs (shadowflame fireballs) that inflict Shadowflame debuff from hands occasionally, rarely summons a 'Demon' with her hordes of 'The Hungry.'
Attacks (Phase Two): Stops summoning, and chases after the player in a similar manner to the Green Titan from LittleBIGPlanet3 except instead of blowing stuff up she just deals immense damage. Still shoots Shadowfireballs
Attacks (Phase Three): Re-Enters the Background Layer to smash the player using Chaos Sabers (no not the ones from Undertale), if in air, she rapid-fires Shadowfireballs at them
Drops:
Shadow Staff
Same Damage as Meowmere
Magic weapon
Fires Shadowfireballs

Chaos Saber
Same Damage as Last Prism in weakest laser charge
Melee weapon
Shoots similar projectiles to Terra Blade, except purple and with its own shape

Name: Defure, failed defender
Summon: talk to regretful dragon, found by the ruins of a town (Can only be summoned once per world.)
Summon message: Have you come to attack? There is nothing left unless you've come to free me of guilt.
Message when entering second phase: Maybe you can give this failed defender redemption.
Boss music:
Attacks and other special traits:
Electric barrier: Being within 10 block inflicts electrified and does 5 damage every second, active for the entire fight.
Electric discharge: Launches a blast of electricity toward the player, deals 100 damage, inflicts electrified.
Electro-port (Second phase): teleport, leaves trail of electricity between original location and target, electricity deals 50 damage and inflicts electrified, being in between the two locations at the time time of teleport deals 75 damage and inflicts electrified.

Defeat message: I leave my fate to you. Will you leave me with the guilt, or will you release me? If first win, a dialogue box will appear with the options: spare, and release. (release=kill) The game will pause for you to choose, there will be no exit option.
If spared:
Displays message: You leave me alive? I couldn't help them, but maybe I can help you.
Will become NPC and can move in. (Sold items depend heavily on other NPCs.)
If released (aka killed):
Displays message: Thank you for freeing me of my failures.
Drops:
Defure's wings: Same level as solar wings "These used to belong to the failed defender, now they're yours to use, after all, you did remove them from him."
Electrified spike: ranged weapon, shoots a bolt of electricity
Spiky tail: basically solar eruption, but electric and bigger hitbox
Electrified horn: magic weapon, left click fires a bolt of electricity forward, can be held down for a beam, right click teleports user to cursor location.
No summon weapon, that's from the NPC, sorry.
3 Defure's scales: material, can be made into Failed defender's armor

Well, guess I'll use my own creativity then, while imagining how would this be possible.

The boss-me depends on bosses beaten:
Pre-Hardmode
Thartler, the Rusted Ranger
HP: 2,500 (4,800)
ATT: None on contact, 25 when shooting flaming arrows (15% chance to deal On Fire! status effect for 5-15 seconds) (12 on bow shove, that deals insane knockback and 30 when shooting frostflaming arrows (20% chance to deal Frostbite status effect for 6-18 seconds); additionally in middle (2,400 HP left), may use Rusted Launcher (shoots grenades dealing 52 contact damage, but doesn't explode. You know probably why.)
DEF: 13/22

Appearance:
An old-looking Terrarian with the trusty accessories never leaving his sides. His armour seems to be rusty and dented, and one eye seems to be missing. He looks upon the challengers to prove their mettle. Will definitely become different once progress is made.
Note:
There's no "Thartler has been summoned" or anything. But he can challenge you if you use a suspicious-looking bow in pre-hardmode (Crafted using any ore bow, 5 Rubies and 10 Ambers.
Quotes:
When summoned:
"Urk, that slumber didn't go well, but I have to prove your mettle, so here I go."
"Another one? Seems like I need to challenge you."
When fighting:
"We'll see how well do you dodge my arrows."
"Changing sides!" (When changing position)
"Let the arrows fire!"
"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK RUSHING ME WITH SWORD?" (When struck by melee weapon that has contact.)
"Grenade's away!" (When firing his rusted grenade launcher.)
"I don't think I'll have much stamina..." (When he's knocked to 1/2 HP in expert or 1/4 in Normal)
"Guess I was a bit too strong to you..." (Death)
"Rest in peace, rival. You were really worthy." (Death when Thartler has less than 5% HP)
"What sort of Doppelgänger you are!?" (Occasionaly, if character fighting is called Thartler)
Stages:
I - 2,500-0 HP on Normal, 4,800-2,400 on Expert
Thartler will first arrive to the left of the player if possible. Rocket Boots will activate if the player is midair. Once he's there, he will let out five high-velocity flaming/frostbite arrows. Then he'll fly overhead, changing position, firing two-three low-velocity arrows directed at the location of Camera (Yes, Binocular-like items may confuse his aim). And he repeats the pattern of shooting in the right side. Then he'll run using Hermes Shoes to the left side, shooting two flaming/frostbite arrows, arching at player. And the pattern repeats. The 'defeat' is just him poofing into air.
II - 2,400-0 HP on Expert
Thartler, in addition of becoming faster with the pattern, also shoots 1-3 grenades per cycle, but always it's from left, right or top. He never shoots them when he's at the bottom. The square is also narrower. The 'defeat' is just him poofing into air.
"You have proven your mettle, defeating me. There you'll go." Is the victory dialogue.

Hardmode; Before defeating Plantera.
Thartler, Dragonarrow Apprentice
HP: 30,000 (50,000)
ATT:
I stage: 30 on bow shove, 50 on Ichor Arrows (Decreases DEF by 15 for 10-30 seconds), 40 on Shotgun bullets
I-ex stage: 50 on bow shove, 75/50 on Holy Ichor Arrows (Decreases DEF by 15 for 15 seconds to 1 minute), 50 on Onyx Shotgun Bullets, 70 on Missiles
II stage: 60 on stave hit, 75 on Lifedrain Spell (recovers 200% DMG dealt on hit) and 60 on Dragonfire Arrows. (Causes both On Fire! and Shadowflame debuffs for 7-21 seconds)
II-ex stage: 75 on stave hit, 100 on Pain Spell (recovers 250% DMG dealt on hit), 80 on Dragonfire Arrows (Causes both On Fire! and Shadowflame debuffs for 8-24 seconds) and 25 on Thunder Spell. (Add 100 damage if the Terrarian is currently in air.
DEF: 40(I)/50(I-ex)/65(II)/80(II-ex)
Appearance:
Stage 1: A Terrarian with some scars and decent mythrill armour, shaped like the chain mail. Despite seeming to have a missing eye, he really hides it under an eyepatch. Months of practice made his skin a little harder too.
Stage 2: A human, who is only protected by linen clothing and strangely - series of the dragon scales as rough as the human ones. Dual-wields the bow made of the finest wood, as well as the stave made from the same material. An eyepatch is still visible.
Quotes:
When summoned:
"Well, guess you need a rough-on beating."
"A challenger is welcomed, but by the fight I'll only allow this."
When fighting:
"We'll see how well do you dodge my arrows."
"Changing sides!" (When changing position)
"Let the arrows fire!"
"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK RUSHING ME WITH SWORD?" (When struck by melee weapon that has contact.)
"Missile away!" (When firing his rocket launcher.)
"FIRE ALL THE ARROWS!"
"Let us see if you're prepared for some darker magic!"
"Invokus DEATH!" (Casting dark spell)
"Thundurus Invici!" (Casting Thunder)
"Dang, you're stronger than before..." (When he's knocked to 1/16 HP)
"Guess I was a bit too strong to you..." (Death)
"Rest in peace, rival. You were really worthy." (Death when Thartler has less than 5% HP)
"What sort of Doppelgänger you are!?" (Ocassionaly, if character fighting is called Thartler)
Stages:
I - Always 10,000 HP, no matter what is the difficulty
Thartler will first arrive to the left of the player if possible. Giant Harpy Wings will activate if the player is mid-air. Once he's there, he will let out twelve high-velocity arrows. Then he'll glide overhead, changing position, firing six low-velocity arrows directed at the location of player. And he shoots three times the shotgun in the order - Straight-Up,Down, or Down-Up-Straight. Then he'll glide again to the left side, shooting the high-velocity arrows, arching at player, or three rockets in Expert difficulty. And the pattern repeats.
II (20,000 on Normal, 40,000 on Expert)
Thartler loses ability to use Harpy wings, so he'll stand at the bottom of the screen or top of the ground regardless of the laws of physics. If it's Expert Mode, the boss casts the Thunder first, and then goes with the two bolts of Pain/Lifedrain and three Dragonfire Arrows. If player is on ground, he may interrupt the attack and instead bash him with the stave. When defeated, he bursts away into blood, with generic death being generated, but in purple.

Hardmode; Before Moon Lord.
Thartler Mark I (And the associated Trebonth the Mad Scientist.)
HP: 90,000 (120,000)
ATT:
I: 50(80) on bow shove, 75/50(125/100) on Holy Arrows, 200(only gets faster) on Sniper Rifle, 125(160) on Snowman Missiles
II: 75(100) on Stave hit, 100(150) on Death spell, 80(120) on Elemental Arrows (Inflicts Frostburn and Chilled for 9-27 or 10-30 seconds), 80(125) on Avalanche.
III: 100(125) on Leaf Blade, 150(200) on Leaf Tornado, 200(only gets faster) on Grass Knot, 250(400) on Giga Impact.
DEF:
I: 70/80
II: 80/90
III:100/100
Appearance:
Stage 1: A suspicious-looking Terrarian. He's equipped in shroomite armour, has a Tsunami bow, but does he even seem to be normal? If he had no helmet, the mechanical eyes would give out the detail he's a construct.
Stage 2: A mechanic being resembling human. The robes and the hood doesn't hide the reddish glow after all, nor do these hide the mechanical limbs. What is controlling it then?
Stage 3: What is this? I seems like a grass snake from Pokemon (Snivy), yet it holds the remote like a treasure. Maybe it was controlling the boss, after all? Or maybe it's a boss itself? It shouldn't be so probable.
Quotes:
When summoned:
When fighting:
"We'll see how well do you dodge my arrows." (Stages 1-2)
"Changing sides!" (When changing position, stages 1-2)
"Let the arrows fire!" (Stages 1-2)
"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK RUSHING ME WITH SWORD?" (When struck by melee weapon that has contact, stages 1-2.)
"FIRE ALL THE ARROWS!" (Stages 1-2)
"Let us see if you're prepared for some darker magic!" (Stage 2)
"Avalchis!" (Casting Avalanche)
"Dang, you're stronger than before..." (When he's knocked to 51/100 HP)
"Guess I was a bit too strong to you..." (Death, stages 1-2)
"Rest in peace, rival. You were really worthy." (Death when Thartler has less than 52% HP)
"What sort of Doppelgänger you are!?" (Ocassionaly, if character fighting is called Thartler)
When the mech is destroyed:
"Noooooooooooo! T'was my best achievement!"
"Dastardly beings... Not appreciating my detail..."
Stage 3 exclusive:
"Shoo, you evil!"
"You destroyed them! You deserve nothing!"
"I'll take revenge on you, even if I'm going to die!"
"Blades will make short work of you."
When beaten:
"Ack! I have to ruuuuuuuuuun!"
"Run away! Don't look at me, you'll be meeting someone who'll kill you soon!"
Stages:
I - Always 30,000 HP, no matter what is the difficulty
"Thartler" will first arrive to the left of the player if possible. Shroomite Hoverboard will activate if the player is mid-air. Once he's there, he will let out twenty high-velocity arrows from weapon resembling Tsunami. Then he'll glide overhead, changing position, firing six rockets directed at the location of player. And he shoots three times the sniper rifle in the order - Straight-Up,Down, or Down-Up-Straight. Then he'll glide again to the left side, shooting five rockets. And the pattern repeats.
II - Always 30,000 HP, no matter what is the difficulty
"Thartler" loses ability to use Hoverboard, so he'll stand at the bottom of the screen or top of the ground regardless of the laws of physics. The boss begins this with Avalanche (six meteors) first, and then goes with the two bolts of Death and three Elemental Arrows. If player is on ground, he may interrupt the attack and instead bash him with the stave. When knocked into 33%/50% HP, he bursts away into the derbis.
III - Rest of Health.
Trebonth may slash furiously the blades at the player, when lunging. He can also summon tornado of leaves undernath player that lingers for 5 seconds, summon the knot on the ground that slowly follows the player for 10(13) seconds or let out a big guns with Giga Impact. He'll be defenceless for 5-10 seconds (2-5 on Expert) after doing Giga Impact or the full cycle of four moves. When defeated, he runs away, but the loot remains there.

Post-Moon Lord: Thartler Mark II
HP: 150,000 (200,000)
ATT:
I: 80(120) on bow shove, 130/80(150/100) on Holy Arrows, 270(only gets faster) on Sniper Rifle, 125(160) on Celebration Fireworks
II: 100(150) on Stave hit, 150(220) on Death spell, 110(150) on Elemental Arrows (Inflicts Frostburn and Chilled for 11-33 or 13-39 seconds), 130(200) on Avalanche.
III: 120(180) on Leaf Blade, 180(240) on Leaf Tornado, 290(only gets faster) on Grass Knot, 320(480) on Giga Impact
DEF: Always 125
Appearance:
Stage 1: A suspicious-looking Terrarian. He's equipped in Vortex armour, has a Phantasm bow, but does he even seem to be normal? If he had no helmet, the mechanical eyes would give out the detail he's a construct.
Stage 2: A mechanic being resembling human. The robes and the hood doesn't hide the reddish glow after all, nor do these hide the mechanical limbs. What is controlling it then?
Stage 3: What is this? I seems like a grass snake from Pokemon (Serperior), yet it holds the remote like a treasure. Maybe it was controlling the boss, after all? Or maybe it's a boss itself? It shouldn't be so probable.
Quotes:
When summoned:
When fighting:
"We'll see how well do you dodge my arrows." (Stages 1-2)
"Changing sides!" (When changing position, stages 1-2)
"Let the arrows fire!" (Stages 1-2)
"HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK RUSHING ME WITH SWORD?" (When struck by melee weapon that has contact, stages 1-2.)
"FIRE ALL THE ARROWS!" (Stages 1-2)
"Let us see if you're prepared for some darker magic!" (Stage 2)
"Avalchis!" (Casting Avalanche)
"Dang, you're stronger than before..." (When he's knocked to 51/100 HP)
"Guess I was a bit too strong to you..." (Death, stages 1-2)
"Rest in peace, rival. You were really worthy." (Death when Thartler has less than 52% HP)
When the mech is destroyed:
"Noooooooooooo! T'was my best achievement!"
"Dastardly beings... Not appreciating my detail..."
Stage 3 exclusive:
"Shoo, you evil!"
"You destroyed them! You deserve nothing!"
"I'll take revenge on you, even if I'm going to die!"
"Blades will make short work of you."
When beaten:
"Ack! I have to ruuuuuuuuuun! And I'll take revenge soon!"
"Run away! Don't look at me, you'll be meeting someone who'll kill you soon! And that someone will be from me!"
Stages:
I - Always 50,000 HP, no matter what is the difficulty
"Thartler" will first arrive to the left of the player if possible. Solar Wings will activate if the player is mid-air. Once he's there, he will let out twenty high-velocity arrows from weapon resembling Phantasm. Then he'll glide overhead, changing position, firing six rockets directed at the location of player. And he shoots six times the sniper rifle in the order - Straight-Up-Down-Down-Up-Straight. Then he'll glide again to the left side, shooting five rockets. And the pattern repeats.
II - Always 50,000 HP, no matter what is the difficulty
"Thartler" loses ability to use Solar Wings, so he'll stand at the bottom of the screen or top of the ground regardless of the laws of physics.The boss begins this with Avalanche (six meteors) first, and then goes with the two bolts of Death and three Elemental Arrows. If player is on ground, he may interrupt the attack and instead bash him with the stave. When knocked into 33%/50% HP, he bursts away into the derbis.
III - Rest of Health.
Trebonth may slash furiously the blades at the player, when lunging. He can also summon tornado of leaves undernath player that lingers for 5 seconds, summon the knot on the ground that slowly follows the player for 10(13) seconds or let out a big guns with Giga Impact. He'll be defenceless for 5-10 seconds (2-5 on Expert) after doing Giga Impact or the full cycle of four moves. When defeated, he runs away, and the sounds will stop for 30 seconds, before the final showdown begins.
Zeus III, the Final Mech.
HP: 100,000
ATT: 160(240) on the rockets, 180(270) on the lasers, 225(300) on the stomp, 70(90) on the machine gun)
DEF: 160
"The final showdown is there. What will you do, is up for you. But one is sure - you've awakened the Serperior enough to make it desperate for solutions. The mech seems to be identical to Thartler, but more steelish, less fleshy."
There's no quote for the final fight.
Pattern:
Zeus III will shoot Rockets, that will try to flank you from two sides, so... not worth to dodge unless you're dodging at last moment.Then lasers will flash up or down, depending on where you are relative to the mech. Then it'll do a barrage of 50-80 bullets. And all while jumping and trying to stomp you around. Ouch. When it explodes, it reveals the core. That's when the Serperior would scream again.
"Noooooooo! My masterpiece... What have you done... I feel nothing. Nothing but pure sadness. I won't repeat it, not this masterpiece. I have no idea how would I do it... And that's all your fault! For killing him, Thartler. He was actually a good guy."
You'll be presented by two options - Spare him, by not doing anything to it for minute, or destroy the core, and in result kill it.
Spared:
"I... I lack the words... I really thought you were a bloodthirsty beast... but guess I'll catch myself for you..." The core turns into Pokeball, that can be gathered, as well as the usual final boss loot.
Kill:
"What- wait. What you're doing? NOOOOOOOOOO-" The core promptly explodes, with the same generic death message affecting him too. He'll drop the vial of Serperior, as well as usual loot.

Loot:
Rusted Ranger:
(EX)(R) Rusty Grenade Launcher: Uses Grenades. Deals Grenade damage + 5, but the grenades launched won't explode, instead dropping when they stop to move. Has use time of 40.
(R) Oldbow: 23 damage. Arrows fired with that weapon have more velocity.
(R) Handgun
(H) Broken Sights: Increases Ranged damage dealt by 10%, and provides 2 DEF.
(A) Rusted Ammo Box: Reduces ammo usage by 15%.
5 Gold Coins
5-15 Healing Potions
Dragonfire Appertnice:
(EX)(Ma) Thunderstaff: Uses 25 mana. Casts powerful Thunder dealing damage to everything in its way, even yourself. (100 DMG, use time - 35)
(Ma) Painful Rhapsarody: Uses 20 mana. Casts a Death spell that pierces through 5 foes. Upgrade to Diamond Staff. (53 DMG, use time - 13)
(R) Thartler's Greatbow: Left-click fires one focused arrow, right-click shoots three weaker and arching arrows. (70/45 DMG, use time - 22)
(A) Onyx: Buffs ranged weapons with Shadowflame. (Tooltip: Not an ordinary stone)
(S) Dragon Staff: Summons a wyrm to fight for your cause (10 DMG, increases by 10 per segment, use time - 25. Uses 20 mana.)
15 Gold Coins
5-15 Greater Healing Potions
Thartler MK 1:
(EX)(Me) Leaf Blades: (140 DMG and 50% critical chance, use time - 10) Using them, you can strike and parry by both left and right-click! To compensate for their ridiculous DPS, they have no projectile at all.
(R) Tsunami
(R) Snowman Cannon
(S) Leaf Tornado in Spellbook - Summons tornado to sentry the area (175 DMG, use time - 25, mana needed - 20)
(Ma) Avalanche Staff - Improved version of Boulder Staff (125 DMG, mana needed - 16, use time - 24)
35 Gold Coins
5-15 Greater Healing Potions
Thartler MK 2:
(Spared)(S)Serperior's Pokeball: Summons a Serperior to help your cause (450 DMG, rest is known. Uses TWO summon slots)
(Killed)(C)Vial of Serperior: Tastes like seven diseases... but maybe it's the voluntary punishment?) Turns yourself permanently into Poke-mode, taking and dealing twice as much damage, also resetting the character and world in process. (Actually - a Snivy, evolving into Serperior after defeating Wall of Flesh. Thartler won't be able to be fought in this mode.)
(Both)(R) Zeus Cannon: Fires six rockets, that seek foes heat. Deals 111 DMG, with use time of 27. The only weapon from this boss.
(Both)(EX)(A)The Final: Does nothing, but makes the character glow red in the eyes, and have the mechanical skin. If killed, the character will explode however, and the killers up to 9999HP(except the oblivious DG) will be damaged mortally.
95 Gold Coins
5-15 Super Healing Potions

Name: Solarkitten
Summon: Make a Scorching Cat Food with living fire and any fish. Summon at night in Hallow.
Looks: A giant kitten with anime eyes and white fur.
Attacks: Breathes fire, swipes tail, sonic meows.
Drops: Sunset Ore, which works like any other ore. Healing potions. Either a sword called Corona, a bow called Sunshine Bow, a gun called Sunshine Shooter, a summon staff that summons a baby kitten to attack enemies called Kitten Wand or a piece of Solar Flare Armour.
Theme: Boss 2
Drop details:
Corona: 110 damage, fires fireballs.
Sunshine Bow: 90 damage, arrows into explosive arrows that are homing, fires three arrows at once.
Sunshine Shooter: Same but with bullets.
Kitten Wand: Summons a baby Solarkitten to fight, deals 50 damage per hit.
Theme: Boss 2

I would be a post-moonlord boss drop and drop this item called 'ancient copper shortshord'
and it's tooltip will 'even more useless than your shortsword'

it does 0.5 damage

Back
Top Bottom