tModLoader Illusionist Mod

Divergent916

Skeletron Prime
What is the Illusionist Mod?
The Illusionist mod is a new mod for Terraria that I am working on with the help of some sprite artists from the Terraria community. It's currently in a very early stage of development and has quite a ways to go, so please stay patient. The mod's main features are the new class, illusion, and some more endgame content. The illusion class focuses on manipulating your enemies in order to defeat them. For example, there is a weapon called the shadowstone which allows you to go into a shadow form and come back with a blast. The illusion class relies heavily on using it's various weapons strategically.

What new content does the Illusionist Mod add?
As of now, there aren't a whole lot of things that it adds. The current version is more aimed towards giving you a small taste of what kind of content you can expect with the release of the full mod.
  • StickOfIntimidation.png
    Stick of Intimidation - Starter illusion weapon made from wood. When used, it will cause the player to seem intimidating striking fear into the hearts of nearby enemies.
  • Shadowstone.png
    Shadowstone - Corruption themed illusion weapon made from demonite and shadow scales. Can be used to enter shadow form, which will make you invulnerable while also consuming mana over time. Use the stone again to exit this form and cause a blast around yourself.
  • Soul Of Height (GIF).gif
    Soul of Height - Souls that have a chance to be dropped by any creatures spawned by the pillars, and moon lord drops many of them. Used in endgame recipes in this mod.
  • LifeCore.png
    Life Core - Crafted with life fruit, souls of height, luminite, and lunar fragments. Using one life core increases your maximum life by 10, and up to 20 can be used. Using all 20 life cores will bring you to a maximum of 700 life. (Hearts after using a life core:
    Heart3.png
    )

What content will be added to the Illusionist Mod in the future?
I plan to later add a lot more content to the mod. Here are some of the things I plan to add:
  • Many more illusionist class weapons and armor.
  • Endgame weapon combinations of many types. (Ultimate sword, flail, yo-yo, gun, bow, rocket launcher, tome, sentry, and summon)
  • Maybe a new early hardmode boss?

Where can I get the Illusionist Mod?
The latest version of the mod can be found on the mod browser in tModLoader.

Discord:
You can join the discord for the Illusionist Mod using the link below:
Join the Illusionist Mod Discord Server!

Credit:
Main Creator:
Divergent916

Sprite Artists:
Divergent916
CodSorbet

Can be interesting, but please do not make it a copy and paste damage type.
What do you mean by that exactly? It will be original content entirely, I won't be reusing any vanilla weapons if that's what you mean.

What do you mean by that exactly? It will be original content entirely, I won't be reusing any vanilla weapons if that's what you mean.

No, what I mean.. Most people that make new classes, it's just a new damage type that practically the same has vanilla classes.
I hope you make this interesting like the Bard class.

No, what I mean.. Most people that make new classes, it's just a new damage type that practically the same has vanilla classes.
I hope you make this interesting like the Bard class.
Oh alright, I see what you mean. I will try my best to make sure that this class is as original as it can be.

It sounds very interesting to me. A weapon that makes enemies scared? A (planned) weapon that makes enemies enrage and attack each other? If you can come up with a good amount of weapons that have unique effects like that then I'm sold - I'm already sold, since I immediately downloaded it when I saw it on the browser and added it to my modpack for an upcoming thing I'm doing.

It sounds very interesting to me. A weapon that makes enemies scared? A (planned) weapon that makes enemies enrage and attack each other? If you can come up with a good amount of weapons that have unique effects like that then I'm sold - I'm already sold, since I immediately downloaded it when I saw it on the browser and added it to my modpack for an upcoming thing I'm doing.
Oh alright, I see what you mean. I will try my best to make sure that this class is as original as it can be.
You know you hit the jackpot when Fury is interested immediately.

I'm genuinely honored to have such a big face from the community commend the creativity of my mod. I definitely plan to make it as best as I can, for now the beta will give you a small taste of what is to come, but just hang in there for the full release, cause it'll be loads better! I'm expecting somewhere in August for an official release.

Dude, may i make my take of illusionist in my mod? i won't copy pasty anything, i have a plan for the class

Back
Top Bottom