Member-Run Contest I'm considering creating a game...

Should I make this game?

• Yes. I'd love to see this plan be put into action.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Yes. I'd like to try playing this at some point.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No. You just don't know how to make a game.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. It's just a bad idea.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The TechnoMancer

Skeletron Prime
So recently, I have downloaded the unity game maker engine, and I would like to create a 2D platforming title - for fun. The game will be titled "Little Level" or something of that sort, and it will revolve around a cartoon-like character running around in various types of levels using sprite-based graphics. I have hit a road block while pondering character designs for our little protagonist, so I am asking you to help me. I am hosting a small contest in order to get some concept art and/or a basic sprite.

The rules are simple.
-Just make it appropriate.
-Stay original.

The winner will win a game reference of their choice.

If you'd like, you are also encouraged to comment any suggestions of some sort. I may not end up making this due to my lack of experience in coding, but I'd certainly like to try.

BSKXRJ3.png

I just call him "Artichoke" because I've run out of original names.

Decided to try one myself, took a little inspiration from @Darkus Relling Artichoke as well.
Rey.png

And a quick tip when creating a game: don't think too big if it's your first game.
Try to make the goals small and easy. And then once you got that, then you can improve the small game further with more details and features.
And make sure you take the time for it, game development can take several months on average, especially if you've to figure stuff out to do.

Good luck! :)

Decided to try one myself, took a little inspiration from @Darkus Relling Artichoke as well.
View attachment 191500

And a quick tip when creating a game: don't think too big if it's your first game.
Try to make the goals small and easy. And then once you got that, then you can improve the small game further with more details and features.
And make sure you take the time for it, game development can take several months on average, especially if you've to figure stuff out to do.

Good luck! :)
Thanks! Since these are quite similar, perhaps they should be alternate costumes or something of that sort.

Back
Top Bottom