im fairly new to wiring help on an idea please

azurephantom100

Terrarian
hi I wanted to make custom NPC dialogue that uses the announcement boxes that loops/says something different each time and well I got as far as getting a loop that uses dart traps, teal pressure pad and, actuated blocks I got them to work in a loop that can be duplicated (I have up to 6 boxes that go from 1-6 and repeats) I don't have a pic of it right now I will post it later but in sort its fairly simple the main trigger fires all the traps and the open block gets triggered and bocks itself while opening the next and repeats. for right now its kind of slow and I want to make it faster using logic gates but I cant wrap my head around how they work to make it loop right and trigger the dialogue once any thing that can help with this would be nice (also I would like to avoid hoiking and clone dummies if possible)

Okay, you'll need to have Faulty Lamp Resistors to do this effectively.

Let's see how this works:

No Wires
1.png

Red Wire
2.png

Blue Wires
3.png

Green Wires
4.png

Yellow Wires
5.png
With the sequence set up, Every time you send an input (red wire, in this example triggered by a switch), it'll say the next scripted message. Starting with the first message box and so forth. (I tested it on my world to ensure it cycles by having each message box form a conversation, it works cyclically)

This design is pretty rough, so can be refined with trial and error. I literally slapped it together at 2:30 in the morning so I'm just glad it works at all XD

dailogue4.png
dailogue2.png
dailogue3.png
dailogue.png
dailogue5.png
sorry about the size idk how to hide things lol but that everything
[doublepost=1481182859,1481182605][/doublepost]
Okay, you'll need to have Faulty Lamp Resistors to do this effectively.

Let's see how this works:

No Wires
1.png

Red Wire
2.png

Blue Wires
3.png

Green Wires
4.png

Yellow Wires
5.png
With the sequence set up, Every time you send an input (red wire, in this example triggered by a switch), it'll say the next scripted message. Starting with the first message box and so forth. (I tested it on my world to ensure it cycles by having each message box form a conversation, it works cyclically)

This design is pretty rough, so can be refined with trial and error. I literally slapped it together at 2:30 in the morning so I'm just glad it works at all XD
well that does help but the thing is I wanted to use a player sensor as pressure pads are easy to spot/avoid by mistake so how well would that work with that?
[doublepost=1481187665][/doublepost]I just tried that logic gate with the faulty lamps it works well with switch or pressure pad but it does go off twice with the player sensor though but this helps with the speed thanks

Back
Top Bottom