I'm having trouble with NPCs...

Mac 'n Miller

Terrarian
So, I have a simple starter house for both the Guide and Merchant in the Forest biome, and for the life of me, I can't get them to recognize eachother's existence. They will not mention eachother in either of their happiness convo options, and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Their banners aren't too far away, or anything.
1614036387509.png
<---House in question.
I've tried replacing the trap door with platforms, and vice-versa, making the background tiles all of the same block, switching their rooms; nothing's worked.

I think this isn't the right section for asking for help, since it's for game suggestions.

that aside, the merchant and the guide are completely indifferent about each others, so they have no happiness quotes about each others. if you get an NPC one (or more) of them cares about, like the nurse, that should appear in their happiness quotes.

Now, since this isn't the first time I see a question like that, it makes me wonder, why some of the first NPCs the player gets are indifferent about each others, it can confuse newbies that they're doing something wrong, when in fact, it's just that these NPCs don't care about having each other as neighbors. Although it's not a huge issue, maybe something could be done with it to avoid confusing newbies?

E.g. what if the guide likes the merchant? So, he would have a happiness quote about him, but since he doesn't sells anything, it won't affect any of the prices, and the merchant can be left as he is now, being indifferent about the guide, so the players won't earn lowered prices right at the start.

I think this isn't the right section for asking for help, since it's for game suggestions.
Hi @Sora_92 just a quick tip, if you see a thread in the wrong section, it’d be great if you can click report on it and let us (forum staff) know. We can move it to the proper spot, and this cuts down on the original thread creator making a duplicate thread in the right section. Thanks!

The thread has been moved to PC In-Game Support section.

Back
Top Bottom