I'm new and need help!

Themissinglink01

Official Terrarian
HI! So I just got Terraria on PC and have no idea what I should do or where to go, any helpful advice? Thanks in adcance if you do dicide to help :p

If you mean how to play the game. Start by chopping down Trees at the stump to get wood and build a small house to protect against Zombies. Other than that it is really up to you what you'll do next. Also the Guide NPC will give you some tips on what to do next. He won't tell you how to do it exactly, but it helps to get you on your feet. Other than that it is just exploring, building, collecting items, and crafting them as you see fit. The Guide will also show you what you can craft if you show an item to him, with the other items needed to craft something and what crafting station you'll need. There's really no "right" way to play. You play at a pace you feel comfortable with focusing on what you want to do whether that is building, exploring, and/or fighting.

If you're still struggling, there are some guides on the Wiki that will show you how to progress through the game and recommend what items to use. I'd personally recommend not using the Guides until you really become stuck somewhere as I think it is more fun to discover things for yourself, but the Wiki is there for if you need help at any point.

You can PM me and also add me on steam(SteamID:SteveisNoob) to play multiplayer. Also grinding the wiki by curse and see youtubers like Yrimir, Pedguin, PythonGB

Hello! :3

Here's some advices:
1) Select "Softcore" player difficulty and "Normal" world difficulty.
2) If you find a new item and it has "material" remark, you should go to the Guide -> "Crafting" and inspect every item you will see.
3) Read Terraria wiki info. Here it is.
4) Play carefully! Try not to die stupidly.
5) Youtube video guides are helpful as well.
6) Play and play and play! Sooner or later, you'll be a great Terraria player ;)

Good luck (have fun)!

One bit of advice the experts don't seems to tell you - The game includes a map-wide threat that unlocks about half way through.

Basically once you kill a mob called the "Wall of Flesh" the game enters hardmode, which amongst other things, causes some creeping biomes (called Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow) to eventually spread completely over your world. You can fight back against it but you have to do it over all the map.

So selecting a large map can mean a lot of work if you want to try and protect your world from these biomes, and apparently many experts don't bother, they just protect a small part of it.

I didn't know any of this when I started and I selected a large world to play on to give me more to explore, which may have been a mistake. I haven't given up and I think I will enjoy trying to save my world, but apparently large maps are for multiple players - you might want to consider this when starting your game.

One bit of advice the experts don't seems to tell you - The game includes a map-wide threat that unlocks about half way through.

Basically once you kill a mob called the "Wall of Flesh" the game enters hardmode, which amongst other things, causes some creeping biomes (called Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow) to eventually spread completely over your world. You can fight back against it but you have to do it over all the map.

So selecting a large map can mean a lot of work if you want to try and protect your world from these biomes, and apparently many experts don't bother, they just protect a small part of it.

I didn't know any of this when I started and I selected a large world to play on to give me more to explore, which may have been a mistake. I haven't given up and I think I will enjoy trying to save my world, but apparently large maps are for multiple players - you might want to consider this when starting your game.
That's right, choosing the world size one of the most challenging things about the game. My best choice about it the medium size: Not too big to fight creepy biomes and also not too small to explore. Also and also, medium worlds usually have same variety dispersion with large worlds.

Back
Top Bottom