• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Im sorry to be that guy but... It has been over 3 months since the last time we heard of Otherworld.

Stumbler

Official Terrarian
Am I missing something? Its been a really long time. The last thing we heard was than it was pushed back to 2016 and that was back in December.

Why the silence? Care to feed a starving man a bit?

WingedButtShark

Terrarian
They think it's better to not speak, then speak and blow it. They got a big back clash for saying about it way too early. We have to wait :(

PandemicTrauma

Terrarian
Im agreeing with Scoundrel of Punch here:

They already let out with it early, the back clash isnt a reason to CONTINUE keeping quiet-
since its out, might aswell show periodically progress even if its next to nothing.

SOMETHING to keep our spirits up/hopes high, myself and a few friends have already given up mostly on Otherworld coming out anytime soon and might not even buy it just because all the hype is gone :c.

If anything, keeping secretive about it right after they teased us with a VERY nice trailer for an extended period did more bad rather than good....

Vaikyia

Dungeon Spirit
Huh, that's true, we haven't been given much news about Otherworld for awhile. Nor have we had much news about 1.3.1.

But oh well, all that matters is that we are getting them, and that's all that matters. <3
but seriously what ever happened to 1.3.1 i mean two months ago they said its right around the corner i mean seriously

PandemicTrauma

Terrarian
Oh i very much want to buy it, hype regardless,
but its not the top of my list of wants currently.

Either way ONCE it does come out, ill look at reviews/a few gameplay vids before deciding to purchase

Cronik

Terrarian
4 months without a peep makes me start wondering if its vaporware.

anyone wanna take bets on whether Kingdom Hearts 3 or Otherworld comes out first?

V1va

Official Terrarian
You shouldn't buy a game if you do it just for the hype, lol.

Anyway, I'd love to see something as well.
Hype has a big impact on whether people buy games, for instance when OW was announced I was still playing Terraria and I was uber pumped for it, now that the hype has worn off and we get no updates for what seems like a year since announcement? I have moved on to other games so if it was to release next week i'd be the same I probably wouldn't buy it till it hit sale.

On the other hand if they were like "look we have a new game, its nearly finished, pre-orders are open and it releases in 1-2 months" then I would've jumped right on that pre-order :red: and probably started a new char/world on Terraria just to keep myself occupied.

Progress is progress no matter how slow, they have already teased so why stop? if they made the "mistake" of teasing too early at least keep throwing coal on the hype train to keep it going.

xsol

Terrarian
If you like coal constantly being added to the fire, then you should check out the blog over at StarBound (or perhaps you already do!) as it seems to update AT LEAST once a week, regardless of how much progress has been made. Those guys are amazing, and more developers should follow suit!

xsol

Terrarian
Quote facebook - Terraria OtherWorld:

"As you likely have figured out, Terraria: Otherworld did not make its planned 2015 launch. Simply put, the game is not ready yet.

As we laid out in the beginning, we will only launch a game when we feel it meets our standards as a finished product. Terraria: Otherworld hasn't reached that point yet. All we will say at this point is that our goal is to get this done and in your hands during 2016, but we will provide further information and spoilers as we move forward"

So, seeing as they haven't provided any information and/or spoilers, it means they haven't moved forward, because they said if they move forward they would provide these

Quote facebook - Terraria OtherWorld:

"As you likely have figured out, Terraria: Otherworld did not make its planned 2015 launch. Simply put, the game is not ready yet.

As we laid out in the beginning, we will only launch a game when we feel it meets our standards as a finished product. Terraria: Otherworld hasn't reached that point yet. All we will say at this point is that our goal is to get this done and in your hands during 2016, but we will provide further information and spoilers as we move forward"

So, seeing as they haven't provided any information and/or spoilers, it means they haven't moved forward, because they said if they move forward they would provide these
oh God, i hope they have made progress...

Top Bottom