I'm Tsuki, AMA.

Tsuki

Party Girl
Ask me stuff and I'll probably answer at my discretion. I'd probably answer anything, but if I don't feel like it or if I feel like it's too personal or whatever, I'll tell you.

Fun Facts that people may have questions about:

• I'm polyamorous
  • I'm mute
  • I do a lot of freelance work
  • I write a lot
  • It's been over 5 years since I started this dumb thread
GLHF

Last edited:
If you and I were trapped together during any kind of apocalypse, what do you think would be our chances of survival?

Im curious, were you born mute?
If not, how did you become mute? You dont have to answer this if you dont want to though.

If you and I were trapped together during any kind of apocalypse, what do you think would be our chances of survival?
0% because you'd eat all our supplies, but 100% because I'm me and have excellent survival instincts. So it'd average out to like...10%. Thanks, you just killed us. RIP

What's it like to be polygonal?
It's pretty cool. All the lines, and points, and surface area and stuff.

Im curious, were you born mute?
If not, how did you become mute? You dont have to answer this if you dont want to though.

I wasn't born mute, but almost 6 years ago, I had to go to the hospital for a ruptured throat, and I had a bacterial infection. When I woke up from surgery they told me I wouldn't be able to talk anymore. Can still make some other noises though.

What's it like being mute?

It's definitely a life changing experience. Things like arguing don't really exist anymore. In order for me to communicate with someone, they have to actively read what I write on a notebook or sheet of paper. I can't interrupt them or force them to listen. So it really has taught me to listen first, and then speak. And when I speak, I have to make sure not to anger / upset them so much, because they can take away my ability to communicate with them simply by refusing to read my words, or even taking away the paper so I can't write anymore. So it's taught me to listen more, and be careful with what i say.

Other than that, my life is still...relatively normal. I don't use phones and it makes finding a job / working at a job difficult, but some places will really work with me to try and accommodate me from a job standpoint, so that's really neat.

It's definitely a life changing experience. Things like arguing don't really exist anymore. In order for me to communicate with someone, they have to actively read what I write on a notebook or sheet of paper. I can't interrupt them or force them to listen. So it really has taught me to listen first, and then speak. And when I speak, I have to make sure not to anger / upset them so much, because they can take away my ability to communicate with them simply by refusing to read my words, or even taking away the paper so I can't write anymore. So it's taught me to listen more, and be careful with what i say.

Other than that, my life is still...relatively normal. I don't use phones and it makes finding a job / working at a job difficult, but some places will really work with me to try and accommodate me from a job standpoint, so that's really neat.
That's pretty difficult at times, but it's nice to see what life is like from a different perspective.

If you would change your muteness (If that's a word), what would it be? Ex. Be blind instead. No legs.
I honestly don't think I'd change it if I had the choice. I know a blind girl and a deaf girl and a couple who can't walk, I think I got off lucky being mute, since it doesn't really affect my day-to-day life that much.

Do you have like alerts activated?
I sure do. I even visit the post that was liked so I could refresh my memory about why people liked it and stuff.

How did you stumble upon Terraria?
One of my girlfriends at the time it was released, Ex now, suggested buying Terraria. I didn't really follow the development of the game, or know anything about it. I wasn't even too interested in it when she showed me info. She ended up buying it for me anyway, and I played it a bit. It wasn't until 1.1 that I got really interested in it, though.

Have you ever considered getting a Stephen Hawking voice synthesizer?
No, I haven't. Maybe I'm just being stubborn, but I don't want a voice that isn't my own. However, being mute has given me a strange fascination with vocaloids, and they're capable of producing lovely sounds, so that might change somewhere down the line.

Would you prefer to be able to speak again? Why/why not?

Hmm. That's kind of a tough question, to be completely honest. Part of me feels like being mute has made me a better, more mature person. Capable of listening instead of speaking so much. But on the other hand, I'd love to be able to communicate over the phone, because sometimes words on a piece of paper isn't as full of emotion as a voice can be. Also, I'd love to have a singing career, which I was on a good track for before going mute.

So Yeah, I think I'd love the ability to speak again, but only if I could have my own, natural voice back, I feel.

Back
Top Bottom