I'm worried that my jungle biome is going to die when my world goes to hardmode

If you don't want to spend a lot of time digging and you're willing to take risks, you could try spreading hallow around the edges of the jungle as soon as hardmode starts.

You should make another jungle somewhere and make your thing mushrooms and then once corrupt gone purify it.:cool::cool::cool:`:cool:`:cool:`:cool:

... or just do what I do now... make a new world for your character to play hardmode in and leave your original world alone... you don't HAVE to move your world into hard mode... just make a new world, use the clenaminator to eliminate all crimson/corruption, dig about 10 3-wide hellavators down, and then about 5 horizontal tunnels across your entire world every 100 feet... put mine cart track in them for easy access to your entire planet... THEN kill the WOF, and quickly use your clentaminator again to wipe out all the hallow and corruption/crimson (some people like the hallow, I think it is as bad as the corruption) except for a few isolated areas where you actually want to keep those biomes... (also add about 500 blocks of the missing Crimson or Corruption somewhere so your world has all 3 biomes safely isolated where you want them...

then play as normal knowing that nothing will spread anywhere you don't want it to...

... just my .02 ...

~Jim

When i went to hardmode the first time i had the same problem, but i made some holy water and spread Hallow with it on either sides of the Crimson(in my case) and in the underground jungle since my jungle was right beside the corruption.
However for best use Get the clenteminator and clear out independent corruption areas to limit its spread.
As for chlorophyte ore, make a underground farm somewhere safe(it does't need to be in the jungle)from corruption and farm it that way, so u have some later on for end game items before ML.

here are some ways to protect your jungle
-you can grow hallow around it, as hallow doesnt take over the jungle and also blocks the corruption
-plant hallow seeds in the crimson, hallow takes over crimspn grass but not crimstone

For me this game is all about terraforming, if you are worried about your jungle getting destroyed you can just build a new one, it's not the end of the world.

Also as many people have mentioned, you get access to a clentaminator, if you really wanted too, you could dig trenches down every so often (Just less than twice the firing range of the clentaminator) and then use the trenches to completely remove the corruption from your whole world.

Personally, I just dig out everything and put it back the way I want it to be.... Takes longer but that is the great thing about Terraria, you have all the time in the world.

So i did some exploring and my underground jungle takes up about 65% of the left side of my map. I think it's going to be ok.

I usually dig 6 inches wide hole, but i ignored it and kill plantera straight away, and i don't need worried about, when whole jungle wouldn't get corrupted by corruption or crimson.

The original V spread won't do that much to the jungle.

What kills the jungle, is when it gets eaten away by Corruption/Crimson on its edges.

What I'd do is back up the world file, and make sure Hallow is what goes up through the Jungle. If this happens, you're fine. Hallow won't touch the jungle. If Crimson/Corruption is what goes that way, then exit, and restore the backup and kill the WoF again.

But you say "Then I won't have a hallow!" Well go down to the underworld, grab a few Pearlstone Blocks (there should be at least a small section where the Hallow went through stone), drag em up to your surface, and plant them somewhere (preferrably a desert) there for your Hallow.

EDIT: Or use Hallowed Seeds from the Dryad and plant em in a forest.

With a just-before-hardmode pickaxe, and a mining potion, it's pretty simple to just go to the middle of your jungle past where you know the ancient spirits stripe will show up, and dig a 4 block wide Hellevator through it. Seal off the top so grass can't grow there (thorns can bridge a 5 block gap), and now you have protected jungle and quick access to the bottom of it for getting Plantera, Golem, and Chlorophyte.

Back
Top Bottom