tModLoader imkSushi's Mod

I like the renaming mod, it reminded me of something I've wanted to try for a while. A buddy of mine also plays Terraria, but he really dislikes the idea of using the souls of enemies to craft items. So much so that he did a run using no souls of any type (not as impossible as you might think, but still tricky).
I'm just wondering, how hard would it be to make a mod that renames all the various souls to something else, like "Energy of foo" or likewise? I know nothing about coding Terraria, but I'm wondering if I looked at the code for your naming mod, maybe I could throw something together?

I like the renaming mod, it reminded me of something I've wanted to try for a while. A buddy of mine also plays Terraria, but he really dislikes the idea of using the souls of enemies to craft items. So much so that he did a run using no souls of any type (not as impossible as you might think, but still tricky).
I'm just wondering, how hard would it be to make a mod that renames all the various souls to something else, like "Energy of foo" or likewise? I know nothing about coding Terraria, but I'm wondering if I looked at the code for your naming mod, maybe I could throw something together?
I'll make something and give it to you tomorrow.

Really? Wow thanks! I didn't expect you to actually code it, thanks. If it's not too much to ask, could you leave it readable by the tMod editor so I can try and learn a bit from it?

Really? Wow thanks! I didn't expect you to actually code it, thanks. If it's not too much to ask, could you leave it readable by the tMod editor so I can try and learn a bit from it?
Actually, I'll just give you the macro to make the code. It is in the zip file attached, just enter the names you want to rename an item to in the second column (beside the original name), and press generate. Then ctrl-a ctrl-c into an empty ModNameGlobalItem.cs in a mod, and rewrite lines 7 and 9 so that they are correct for your mod, as opposed to mine. If you want an empty mod, try http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/generator/ModSkeletonGenerator.html

btw, @superhc, in case you missed it, a link to my discord is here:
https://discord.gg/WK9DMWK

Attachments

• NameGen.zip
    60.8 KB · Views: 326
I like the name pack, although ive always considered Grey to be for names and Gray for colors.
The reason I changed it, is that I always found it a pain that when I try to find Gray bricks with Cheat Sheet (for building) I typed in 'Grey' instead, but some Grey stuff came up, not gray. So I unified it.

If another mod adds new recipes to vanilla items, and I'm using the name pack mod which changes the same items, could it cause an incompatibility?

Back
Top Bottom