Mobile Important Information Regarding the Mobile Terraria 1.2.3-4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the update run on my phone android kit kat with 512 mb ram?
Well it depends if they can still optimize it but If it runs decently in the current update it might run a teeny tiny slower next update (if they release it for old android versions as well)

I find it quite strange how 505 Games are so concerned about only iOS. At least the tone of this post suggests that. And I get it. A limited range of devices is easier to manage than thousands of different ones. However, more support for Android word be appreciated as well.

i hope it runs on my android smoothly i just bought my phone in august this year and it runs really smooth in the current ver i really hope that it doesnt lag dat much in the 1.2.4 update
[DOUBLEPOST=1443164840,1443164640][/DOUBLEPOST]@YoshiGator btw kit kat aint that old, if i recall correctly lollipop has only been here for a year

Oh crud I just remembered! The reforge prices I always try and message 505 and codeglue but im not sure if theyre aware of this :( saving money in mobile terraria is almost pointless and I always get upset over this huge oversight

Well... what should I do? my device is Samsung Galaxy note GTN-8000, Android V. 4.1.2, 16GB memory, 1GB ram.
I legitimately obtained: Terra blade, vampire knives, Sniper rifle, Ankh shield, Dragon armor, Titan armor, Spectral armor, Spectre armor, death sickle, shroomite armor, magnet sphere, nimbus rod, mechanical glove, sniper scope, tattered fairy wings, frostspark boots and THE AXE.
should I loose everything and update? or shouldn't I update at all?

Well... what should I do? my device is Samsung Galaxy note GTN-8000, Android V. 4.1.2, 16GB memory, 1GB ram.
I legitimately obtained: Terra blade, vampire knives, Sniper rifle, Ankh shield, Dragon armor, Titan armor, Spectral armor, Spectre armor, death sickle, shroomite armor, magnet sphere, nimbus rod, mechanical glove, sniper scope, tattered fairy wings, frostspark boots and THE AXE.
should I loose everything and update? or shouldn't I update at all?
As long as it isnt cloud you will be 100% ok but this is still being decided wether or not to include cloud saves, but theyre talking about ios idk if this applies to android.

@Oleg34518 first of all why would you lose data? you have 1gb ram thats more than enough second were still not sure about android cus 505 didnt mention anything about android.
[DOUBLEPOST=1443166583,1443166357][/DOUBLEPOST]@YoshiGator ive read some reviews in the playstore about losing their data after they updated a few updates ago im just curious does it only happen when you on cloud save? so that means local saves are safe?

As long as it isnt cloud you will be 100% ok but this is still being decided wether or not to include cloud saves, but theyre talking about ios idk if this applies to android.
maybe I won't loose my save files if I upload them to cloud, delete the game, install the new version, and download them to my mobile.

maybe I won't loose my save files if I upload them to cloud, delete the game, install the new version, and download them to my mobile.
Actually I heard people are having big issues with cloud on android, general progress stopped getting wiped 2 updates ago

@Loki Hey bro can you please pass my message onto 505 cus i doubt that theyll read my message over thousands they receive per hour: 505 if in android phones you encounter the same problem on ios pls choose option 2 i don't mind if i don't get cloud saves i can live with only local saves I've been using local saves anyway and the reason i bought terraria mobile is because i love this game and i want full experience of the contents of PC on my phone cus not all of us are rich enough to buy expensive laptops pls don't ever exclude android kitkat or 512 mb of ram on android I'd understand if 1.3 doesn't work for kitkat and 512 mb ram but pls give us until 1.2.4 I'd be happy with just that pls I've been playing this game since it started on android if you exclude android kit Kat then i won't have anything to do in terraria anymore its like taking something that's really important to me i hope you'll hear me out and im sure in not the only one who feels this way thanks for your time 505 i look forward to playing your game more in the future .

Will the update run on my phone android kit kat with 512 mb ram?

However, do note that as Terraria continues to update, the RAM requirements will rise as well (because Terraria has to fully load into RAM due to its not being instanced/level-based) - and we are already pushing up against the limits of older 512MB devices.

I think everyone needs to read this bit more carefully. It doesn't say this is being done NOW for RAM issues....it says that the inevitable RAM issues that will come (at some point) with older devices is another reason to choose Option 1.

I find it quite strange how 505 Games are so concerned about only iOS. At least the tone of this post suggests that. And I get it. A limited range of devices is easier to manage than thousands of different ones. However, more support for Android word be appreciated as well.

That would appear to be because this specific cloud saving issue only impacts iOS devices. Not sure what you mean nor what the desired support would be? As far as I am aware, all platforms are running on the same version right now. :)

The new version is an update - why would you lose everything? There is no need to delete your files, etc. So - should be a non-issue.

@Loki Hey bro can you please pass my message onto 505 cus i doubt that theyll read my message over thousands they receive per hour

@505 Games Support joined yesterday....and I would say they seem to be listening pretty well out of the gate. :)

As for the notion of "if this should happen again", I do not see that happening before the RAM issues raise their heads with 512MB devices - and the problem with all of this is that everyone might pick something different. Say you had always used the cloud and were attached to your worlds like they were your children - what then? That is the catch-22 in which 505 finds themselves. :(

Anyway, I'm 100% certain they are watching the feedback around this. Don't worry there. ;)

I just want to have the option to choose like they should release it in respective play stores/appstores and let the players decide if they want to update thus losing cloud saves or not update and keep cloud saves :)

I think everyone needs to read this bit more carefully. It doesn't say this is being done NOW for RAM issues....it says that the inevitable RAM issues that will come (at some point) with older devices is another reason to choose Option 1.

That would appear to be because this specific cloud saving issue only impacts iOS devices. Not sure what you mean nor what the desired support would be? As far as I am aware, all platforms are running on the same version right now. :)

The new version is an update - why would you lose everything? There is no need to delete your files, etc. So - should be a non-issue.

@505 Games Support joined yesterday....and I would say they seem to be listening pretty well out of the gate. :)

As for the notion of "if this should happen again", I do not see that happening before the RAM issues raise their heads with 512MB devices - and the problem with all of this is that everyone might pick something different. Say you had always used the cloud and were attached to your worlds like they were your children - what then? That is the catch-22 in which 505 finds themselves. :(

Anyway, I'm 100% certain they are watching the feedback around this. Don't worry there. ;)
The versions aren't actually the same. Android did receive a bugfix update, however a ton of issues still persist. That's what I'm after, because 505 Games rarely mentions investigating them.

Could you at least fix autosave before you unsupport. Terraria has to reload all of it's RAM after autosave. Can you at least give us an option to disable that before unsupporting iOS 7 with the update. I can't play on my phone because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom