Mobile Important Information Regarding the Mobile Terraria 1.2.3-4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The versions aren't actually the same. Android did receive a bugfix update, however a ton of issues still persist. That's what I'm after, because 505 Games rarely mentions investigating them.

How is that isolated to Android? I still don't follow. I'm sure there are outstanding issues on all platforms that are in the never-ending cycle of being found and fixed. Such is gaming since forever. :p

I still don't see how this thread of all threads is somehow "505 loves iOS more than Android" (which is a silly comment in general - sorry ;) )

I just want to have the option to choose like they should release it in respective play stores/appstores and let the players decide if they want to update thus losing cloud saves or not update and keep cloud saves

I suspect they would love to give everyone their own, personal choice. Unfortunately, the system in place really doesn't allow for something like that - at least not that I've ever seen. :(

How is that isolated to Android? I still don't follow. I'm sure there are outstanding issues on all platforms that are in the never-ending cycle of being found and fixed. Such is gaming since forever. :p

I still don't see how this thread of all threads is somehow "505 loves iOS more than Android" (which is a silly comment in general - sorry ;) )

I suspect they would love to give everyone their own, personal choice. Unfortunately, the system in place really doesn't allow for something like that - at least not that I've ever seen. :(
I might have just missed where it says that android is not affected by this issue whatsoever, but it really bothers me sometimes not knowing if after the next freeze my world will be corrupted or not. Issues like that seem to rarely appear in games though.

What?... Are you kidding me?..... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!! I HAD TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT WAITING FOR NOTHING?!!!!! I HAVE IOS 7.12???? OR SOMETHING!!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I CAN EVEN FREAKING UPDATE TO IOS 8!!!!!! IF I CAN'T UPDATE, I WILL NEVER PLAY TERRARIA AGAIN!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! I'm done. I'm going back to my crazy wall! ~:mad:~:cry:~:mad:
image.jpg

What?... Are you kidding me?..... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!! I HAD TO GO THROUGH ALL THAT WAITING FOR NOTHING?!!!!! I HAVE IOS 7.12???? OR SOMETHING!!!!! I DONT EVEN KNOW IF I CAN EVEN FREAKING UPDATE TO IOS 8!!!!!! IF I CAN'T UPDATE, I WILL NEVER PLAY TERRARIA AGAIN!!!! NEVER AGAIN!!! I'm done. I'm going back to my crazy wall! ~:mad:~:cry:~:mad:
View attachment 79382

I wouldn't call keeping all progress you made during said waiting nothing, but that's just me.

I wouldn't call keeping all progress you made during said waiting nothing, but that's just me.
But I like to start over. It's fun to start out, build up a town, fight all the bosses, complete all of your objectives, and start all over again. I want the new content. I can't be stuck on a dumb fix update with no new items. It hurts so much. ~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:

But I like to start over. It's fun to start out, build up a town, fight all the bosses, complete all of your objectives, and start all over again. I want the new content. I can't be stuck on a dumb fix update with no new items. It hurts so much. ~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:~:cry:

Well, you could always go PC. It has a ton more content than 1.2.4 will have, it's more often on sale than it's not and even when it isn't, it's dirt cheap.

Sorry to those with older devices. Just reminds me that I will go through the same thing when my device gets discontinued. Hopefully, that will not be for a while. (I'm on an iPad Air) Just keeping my eyes peeled on the App Store for now, will post when the update comes out. By the way, I am the one who is keeping the people on EveryPlay informed. So, they got the news as well. Well, the next time I may revisit this website will be from the other side of the update.

@505 Games Support I'd just like to say majority of players would like to start over and have no cloud saves and enjoy the new update rather than keeping cloud saves but being stuck in 1.2 cus its pointless to play without progress once you get everything in a current ver there's no point in playing anymore. a big factor in gaming is progress without it we have no purpose so if you guys exclude older phones in the upcoming update then its over for them no more terraria pls understand wed rather go with local saves and progress than have cloud save but face a dead end

I think everyone needs to read this bit more carefully. It doesn't say this is being done NOW for RAM issues....it says that the inevitable RAM issues that will come (at some point) with older devices is another reason to choose Option 1.

That would appear to be because this specific cloud saving issue only impacts iOS devices. Not sure what you mean nor what the desired support would be? As far as I am aware, all platforms are running on the same version right now. :)

The new version is an update - why would you lose everything? There is no need to delete your files, etc. So - should be a non-issue.

@505 Games Support joined yesterday....and I would say they seem to be listening pretty well out of the gate. :)

As for the notion of "if this should happen again", I do not see that happening before the RAM issues raise their heads with 512MB devices - and the problem with all of this is that everyone might pick something different. Say you had always used the cloud and were attached to your worlds like they were your children - what then? That is the catch-22 in which 505 finds themselves. :(

Anyway, I'm 100% certain they are watching the feedback around this. Don't worry there. ;)
My opinion is they should just release the update and worry about ram issues when it gets there atleast well be able to enjoy 1.2.4 before the issue hits its unfair for 512 mb devices to be excluded from the 1.2.4 update for an issue thats not even there yet. No update=no progress, no progress=no game, no game= no fun, no fun=wasted money pls just give us the update. :'(

My opinion is they should just release the update and worry about ram issues when it gets there atleast well be able to enjoy 1.2.4 before the issue hits its unfair for 512 mb devices to be excluded from the 1.2.4 update for an issue thats not even there yet. No update=no progress, no progress=no game, no game= no fun, no fun=wasted money pls just give us the update. :'(
Theyre only talking about outdated ios devices not ram related issues

Theyre only talking about outdated ios devices not ram related issues
They said that ios 7 below wont be updated cus of the inevitable ram issues of 512 mb devices so that means all 512 mb devices are in risk of getting excluded too

They said that ios 7 below wont be updated cus of the inevitable ram issues of 512 mb devices so that means all 512 mb devices are in risk of getting excluded too
hmm I see well I think they should let all users access the update as long as the current version still runs fine on 512mb. I feel bad for people with outdated ios devices as they might not get the update since its still being decided. Heck if this affects android as well I might not get it considering I have like a little over 512mb ram and im still running on Ice cream sandwich

hmm I see well I think they should let all users access the update as long as the current version still runs fine on 512mb. I feel bad for people with outdated ios devices as they might not get the update since its still being decided. Heck if this affects android as well I might not get it considering I have like a little over 512mb ram and im still running on Ice cream sandwich
That's what im saying they should release the update on app/play stores and let players decide. Im playing on a kitkat 4.4.2 with 512 mb ram its unfair if they don't release it to all

I agree with 505 games , alot of terraria gamers arent aware of 1.2.4 or dont care about the update, because they're casual terraria gamers , the ones we have here are dedicated to terraria and Want the update
[DOUBLEPOST=1443246288,1443246272][/DOUBLEPOST]and the ram issue would wipe them out anyway

Not everyone can afford an expensive PC that supports games
I have a superb pc to games. But I don't have money to buy pc version of terraria. Sad me..
Just manage to buy mobile.. :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1443247621,1443247317][/DOUBLEPOST]
That's what im saying they should release the update on app/play stores and let players decide. Im playing on a kitkat 4.4.2 with 512 mb ram its unfair if they don't release it to all
Hey.. I have android 5.1.1 and 2gb ram(1.1 gb free) will I be affected?

I have a superb pc to games. But I don't have money to buy pc version of terraria. Sad me..
Just manage to buy mobile.. :(
[DOUBLEPOST=1443247621,1443247317][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey.. I have android 5.1.1 and 2gb ram(1.1 gb free) will I be affected?
No you're safe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom