Other Improve Spanish translation

Gara

Steampunker
Hello guys, first of all sorry for my english.

I want to suggest a new Spanish translation for at least the PC version of Terraria (I haven't played the other ones so I can't say anything about those).

The current translation is kinda poor in the following aspects:
  • Bad grammar and NPC/Event sentences (readable but wrongly written, E.g. "Configuraciones" on "Settings" instead of "Opciones"/"Configurar"/"Configuración")
  • Tons of stuff without translation (may be not important but aprox. 30% of the items are translated, it looks a bit seedy)
  • Current game font type does not support Spanish special characters ("¡", "¿", "á Á" "é É" "í Í" "ó Ó" "ú ü Ú" and "ñ Ñ" are not supported with the current font type, it showns but very weird and dirty, and in online chats you can't use "ñ". Maybe an easy solution for this is to load a different font when you run the game in Spanish)
Lets see a visual example:
As you can see below the word "ningún" looks kinda bad. The word "Ahorrar" for "Save" has no sense, same to "Cerca" for "Close", the proper ones are: "Guardar" and "Cerrar".

reYh0mt.png

I can help you translating the whole game in a perfect neutral Spanish from Europe (understandable in America and Europe).
Its not a secret than my english is bad (lol) but I can understand it perfectly so I can do a perfect translation since my Spanish is perfect (yes, I like the word perfect)

The only bad thing is than I have no idea about programming so if you want my help we can do it using a web like https://www.transifex.com/ (check out my profile I did some pages translations already!).

Thank you in advance and thanks for this awesome game :)

- Regards Gara and 90% of the Spanish than plays this game.

Last edited:
Although i already got used to playing in english, it would be nice to see spanish translation improved. Support!

Thanks for the support guys!
I play also in english (in every game) to improve mine (as you can see its so bad lol)

By the way I fixed a bit the post because yesterday I was kinda tired and I did a crappy one XD

Hi everyone. I'm spanish. I would like to help improve the Spanish translation of the game.

I agree with Gara. The Spanish translation is terrible.

I hate the "Ahorrar"/"Cerca" windows

@Gara: Does "Cerca" come from "Cancel" or from "Close"?

Greets

@Hagev oh! Me mad, it comes from "close" in that moment I had the game in Spanish and I forgot what exactly was placed on it XD Thank you! I gonna fix it

Double posting to say than I find the web than I was using years ago to help a guy translating his proyect: www.transifex.com

So please, if you are interested in a proper translation just contact me, I will do it for free of course :)

As a person who speaks portuguese, a language that is very close to spanish, I'd love to see it better. I know how is the feeling of receiving a rough translation, really bad!

Back
Top Bottom