Game Mechanics Improvement to Mannequin Interface

(Vote after reading.) When trying to remove a Mannequin...

• ...they should drop the items displayed on them when they are destroyed.

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • ...they should be indestructible until all items have been removed manually.

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Mannequin-tiles.png
Womannequin-tiles.png
The problem with Mannequins (and Womannequins) right now is that you can't display accessories on them. But instead of just letting you place accessories on them, which would just make working with Mannequins even more of a hassle, it would be better to give Mannequins their own equipment slots to interact with.

Here's how it would work: Right-clicking on a Mannequin would reveal two horizontal rows of equipment slots just like the ones you have where the contents of a Chest are usually displayed. They could then be interacted with as easily as if you were equipping your own armor and accessories. Instead of tediously swapping out one piece of armor at a time, you can just open up its inventory and equip it with whatever combination of accessories and armor you want. This would also let you dye your Mannequin's equipment and accessories, so you can have full Mannequin customization!

As for how loaded Mannequins should interact when you try to remove them, there are two possibilities: They could be destroyed and drop the equipment they are equipped with like they ordinarily do (but remember, you won't be using a Pickaxe to remove items anymore), or behave like chests and be indestructible when they have items displayed on them. Cast your vote in the poll if you want to help decide.

EDIT: As pointed out by Tetrahedron, adding the option to swap the equipment and dyes on the Mannequin with the equipment and dyes in your vanity slot would also be a great feature to have. This would make it easy to manage and use one of a few different vanity outfits for people like me who can't get enough of that. :D

Feel free to ask questions or leave comments! I'm still listening! ;)

Last edited:
I approve of this idea as well. I've always thought it a little odd that (Wo)mannequins aren't able to sport everything the player can wear.

Pretty nice concept, it would be much easier than how it currently is. If mannequins were to wear accessories, adding this would be very good to accompany it.

They should work like a chest where you place stuff in slots and it would display it.
Imagine you equipped everything on a mannequin and you got one accessory or dye wrong, you have to restart the proccess.

It is like that, except it's more like your equipment slots than a Chest. :confused:
I understand, but why replace your equipment slots? It can be confusing if you ask me.
Just add some slots where the shop usually is and give it the formation your armor/accessory slots have.

I like the idea as this would let me improve decorations which is good.
I like the idea of them working like their own equipment slots but would the ability to be broken by pickaxe to remain for lazy factors(but do let use alter their equipment as well)

I had the same idea, thought yours is a bit more in-depth. I'd really love this to be added.

I saw a version of this on the old TO, totally agree. Mine. Maybe you should alps be able to give it a weapon, such it would hold as if it were firing or swinging it.

I was actually going to write a topic on this subject myself, but you saved me some work! Thanks. Definitely support this idea.

I wonder how the update would work, turning them into chest. If we already have Mannequins (and Womannequins) equipped with gear how would they change? I don't know much about the coding. Would they be able to handle it, moving the items into the equipment slots?

Other then that fear I love it. :happy:

I wonder how the update would work, turning them into chest. If we already have Mannequins (and Womannequins) equipped with gear how would they change? I don't know much about the coding. Would they be able to handle it, moving the items into the equipment slots?

Other then that fear I love it. :happy:
Well the devs can warn you before doing so.
OR
Make the mannequins drop themselves and what they equipped upon entering the world when it first hits 1.3.

Or they could be smart and program something that converts items to slots on the new Mannequin's interface.

Or if that's not possible, they could add a new mannequin for this and let the old one fade into obscurity as an unobtainable item.

I wouldn't mind this. Perhaps the developers don't like to keep unobtainable old items lying around in code though, but hey.
I'd also suggest the new mannequin item drops from breaking the old one, if they were to go down this road.

Great idea! I'm kind of imagining the interface positioned similarly to the interface when you open a chest. Like the armor and accessories could be placed in slots directly below your inventory, and the slot squares are red just like chests... Is that how you intended, or did you have something else in mind?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom