Weapons & Equip Improving Shroomite Headware Options - Actual variety rather than weapon "specialization."

SzGamer227

Spazmatism

People who want to make the Shroomite headware varieties actually have more variety while retaining the fundamental elements of Shroomite armor will want to read this. I've devised a way to trade the pointless weapon-type specialization with a variety of play-style specialized bonuses.

This is a breakdown of the Shroomite Armor as-is for reference:

Shroomite_Breastplate.png

Breastplate
24 Defense.
+10% Ranged damage (even though there is no tooltip)
+13% Ranged critical strike chance.
+20% chance not to consume ammo.

Shroomite_Leggings.png

Leggings
16 Defense.
+7% Ranged critical strike chance.
+12% Movement speed.

Shroomite_Mask.png
Shroomite_Headgear.png
Shroomite_Helmet.png

All Headware
11 Defense.
+5% Ranged critical strike chance.

Shroomite_Mask.png
Mask:
+15% Bullet damage.
Shroomite_Headgear.png
Headgear:
+15% Arrow damage.
Shroomite_Helmet.png
Helmet:
+15% Rocket damage.

Now, preceding my big idea, these are some tweaks to the main pieces of armor, which will act as a base for the actual suggestion. Hear me out, I'll explain the reasons in a second.

Shroomite_Breastplate.png

Breastplate
+5% Ranged damage.
+10% Ranged critical strike chance.

Shroomite_Leggings.png

Leggings
+5% Ranged damage and critical strike chance.
+12% Movement speed.

Now for the meat of my suggestion. The offensive bonuses of Shroomite armor will be reduced to compensate for new specialized bonuses for each headware option as well as have unique stealth abilities. The goal is to completely dump the specific weapon type bonuses and instead use them to encourage playstyle specialization.

Shroomite_Headgear.png
Headgear:

10 Defense, versus the original 11.
+10% Ranged damage and movement speed.
+20% Chance to not consume ammo.
*Movement affects stealth 6 times less.
*Up to a 10% chance to dodge attacks while stealthed.

Play Style
If you like to sneak around and move about the battlefield, or you just hate having your stealth interrupted, this headgear is for you. You can attack from a distance and dodge when necessary without ruining your stealth bonus and having to wait for it to build again, which makes you a fearsome stealth warrior, dwelling in the shadows and striking quickly.

Shroomite_Mask.png
Mask:

16 Defense, versus the original 11.
+5% Ranged damage and crits.
+33% Chance to not consume ammo.
*Stealth activates 3 times as quickly.
*Stealth activation is slowed by using items instead of halted.

Play Style
Love to get up close and personal, but hate when you don't have time to stealth? Grab one of these and dive into combat headfirst and shred your hapless foes into tiny pieces with your ferocious storm of munitions. With this mask, you can unleash your full power as you inflict swift destruction to your poor, unsuspecting targets.

Shroomite_Helmet.png
Helmet:

20 Defense, versus the original 11.
+10% Ranged damage.
+20% Chance to not consume ammo.
*Stealth increases player knockback resistance up to 75%.
*Stealth also reduces damage taken by up to 10%.

Play Style
This helmet is for brutal players who brandish the tanking side of ranged armor. Show of your heavy artillery as you stand and deal devastating your foes from a distance, laughing as their puny projectiles bounce off of your armor. This style focuses on maintaining stealth by soaking up damage and blasting away your enemies.

That's it for the idea. Feedback is appreciated, so feel free to ask questions and leave comments.

Last edited:
YES PLEASE.

Seriously though, this idea is awesome. I love to see encouragement to follow different playstyles, as I feel even with all the different weapon classes there isn't quite enough focus on pushing players to different styles of play.

I was about to post up a thread with some ideas to beef up Shroomite armor to make it more feasible in solo-play (which primarily consisted of changing the stealth mechanic so that it faded when you took damage, rather than simply when you moved), then I found this, and I have to say I'm with the others here and think this idea is pretty great.

If you could incorporate my stealth-mechanic-change, too, I think that'd just make it perfect. Also, personally, I feel like it would make sense if the rocket helm gave you a resistance (however slight) to bomb explosions. It would add to the rocketeer's already tanky nature in a good way.

YES! PLEASE! This would also make shroomite equal to the other armours because they have differing set bonuses too. I was going to do a shroomite buffing post myself, but it's better to have someone with more experience and credibility to do it instead. I would still like to see a ranger damage buff, preferably to the weapons and not the armour. Especially to the Elf Melter. That thing needs some love.

I would still like to see a ranger damage buff, preferably to the weapons and not the armour. Especially to the Elf Melter. That thing needs some love.
Most Ranged weapons don't need a buff. Ammo is a major contributing factor to Ranged weapon power.

As for the Elf Melter (and Flamethrowers in general), @Scarecrow has a suggestion for that:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/new-flamethrower-type-weapons.2148/

Why is this so awesome?
Because I put a lot of work into it, maybe. It took me a while before I got all of the stats and abilities worked out and I was happy with the results.

Most Ranged weapons don't need a buff. Ammo is a major contributing factor to Ranged weapon power.

As for the Elf Melter (and Flamethrowers in general), @Scarecrow has a suggestion for that:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/new-flamethrower-type-weapons.2148/

Because I put a lot of work into it, maybe. It took me a while before I got all of the stats and abilities worked out and I was happy with the results.
Yes! Thank you for showing me this! I definitely give full support to both this and the flamethrower buff.

Back
Top Bottom