Good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • No!

Votes: 5 16.1%

• Total voters

sodapone🌳

Wall of Flesh
I find the current teleporter system to be extremely tedious: You have to create a length of wire going from the one to the other, which makes the seemingly-simple task of creating a teleporter system insanely hard to do. Here's my proposed change:

Changes
  • Teleporters no longer need to be wired to one another. They still need a current to activate, however.
  • Right-clicking a teleporter will bring up a menu that allows you to select a frequency (0-999.) Two teleporters on the same frequency will become linked. If more than two teleporters on the same frequency are linked, using said teleporter will teleport all entities to the closest teleporter by distance. Mousing over the teleporter shows its frequency and displays an arrow pointing toward its destination.
It feels kinda simple, but this is really it. I just want something other than the current system. Thoughts?

If more than two teleporters on the same frequency are linked, using said teleporter will teleport all entities to the closest teleporter by distance. Mousing over the teleporter shows its frequency and displays an arrow pointing toward its destination.
can you reexplain this? i didn't understand this

I'd say this should be done with a new type of Teleporters - "Wireless Teleporter" - so that it doesn't break current builds. These wireless teleporters could be created... I don't know... with Teleporters and Nanites maybe?

No no no. NO.

This would break a lot of teleporter mechanics SO bad.
The nice thing about wiring them is that you can wire a single teleporter to multiple other ones. To create chain teleports, or have multiple destinations from just one start. None of that would be possible with this.

It would be very unbalanced I think wiring them is a nice balance that makes them purposely tedious to do. Perhaps if you had to craft them separately and it was rather difficult to craft maybe required a certain boss to be killed.

Am I the only one that thought this idea was stolen right out of modded mine craft?
[DOUBLEPOST=1420329508][/DOUBLEPOST]
No you can't
Actually you can but thank you for pointlessly arguing instead of asking how. They are simple to figure out just require some tinkering.

Am I the only one that thought this idea was stolen right out of modded mine craft?
[DOUBLEPOST=1420329508][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually you can but thank you for pointlessly arguing instead of asking how. They are simple to figure out just require some tinkering.
Admittedly I took some cues from the Wireless Redstone mod. So what? Good ideas make good ideas.

@Myrmeleon Just link up multiple teleporters with different frequencies. I don't see what you're getting at.

Not at all saying that it is a bad thing just wondered if there was some influence from something else.

Just link up multiple teleporters with different frequencies. I don't see what you're getting at.
When you use one teleporter multiple times, hooking different parts of it up, activating to take a user to a place and then to a different one- Without switching teleporters.

You know, if you want to say this idea is unbalanced, being able to spend maybe.....10 or so gold to INSTANTLY teleport how many hundreds of blocks in any direction whenever you really want to is pretty unbalanced in and of itself isn't it? Sure you put how much work into it, but it stays forever.

Oh I forgot all about the Rod of Discord. Now THATS unbalanced if you want to try and argue balancing issues. Being able to teleport ANYWHERE you can see at the click of a button and no preparation at all.

Love this idea. Would make it soooooo much better than having to wire everything up and spend hours working on it and rechecking and rechecking to make sure you didn't miss a single block of wire.

No no no. NO.

This would break a lot of teleporter mechanics SO bad.
The nice thing about wiring them is that you can wire a single teleporter to multiple other ones. To create chain teleports, or have multiple destinations from just one start. None of that would be possible with this.

What would stop someone from setting up 3 teleporters and teleporting to one then changing the frequency to easily teleport to the other one? I don't see how this breaks anything.

So just another person who wants something to be EASIER because they think that something shouldn't be HARDER. In a video game...

Back
Top Bottom