In 1.1, if the Crimson was released as a suggestion thread, what would your reaction be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
A ton of alt Corruption and Hallow suggestions have come out, but what would you think if the original-- the Crimson; came out as a suggestion thread back in the day, with pretty much every detail, sprites and all?

While I love the Crimson right now, I'd probably object to the thread, due to one thing: I thought that we needed to have everything be obtainable on 1 world. Back in 1.1, when I saw a screenshot of the Underground Snow, I freaked for that reason. Snow biomes were only obtainable on 33.33% of worlds created during the Christmas season. So, I thought that it would stay that way, and not everyone would have access to everything (which was true, but for a different reason).

A few other reasons one may not support it:
  • A flesh-themed biome seemed over-the-top at the time, even for Terraria.
  • "Brain of Cthulhu". Really original fight, but still, more body parts of Cthulhu? Really?
  • "Golden Shower". Keep in mind that no items had innuendo names back then.
Of course, I know how detailed the suggestion would be, so that might entice people. Either way, it'd be completely unique at the time, so what would you think?

I'd support it if it was fleshed out, but at the same time I would ask if we really even needed an "alt" for biomes, and I would rather it be in every map, just the "other side" of it.

Since most of the time we have corruption on one side of the map, and corruption on the other. Would make more sense to have crimson on one side, corruption on other. At least, that's how I would respond if it were a suggestion back then.

I'd support the idea. I enjoy apocalyptic/nightmare-ish settings and the developers have done a good job on it (which is more than I can say for most actual suggestions).

As for your "other reasons" to not support it:
  • I don't think the crimson is more over the top than the corruption, they're just disturbing in different ways. There are also other things like gore covered zombies with protruding bones running around and flying eyeballs smacking against windows every night. Granted, more people seem to find fleshy monsters more disturbing than alien ones like corruptors, but eh, the more recently added spiders can apparently cause heart attacks.
  • I do agree with the brain a bit, and I'm still not sure about the name. I think another fictional/fabricated name would be better... even now (maybe something metroid related).
  • Although there might not have been any innuendo related items (I can't think of any from the time at least), there was still plenty of it in the game; a near excessive amount related to the female NPC's and the blood moon as well as sexual innuendo within the nurse's chat. There's almost certainly more I've forgotten.

I'd support it if it was fleshed out ...

A strong bare bones idea can be good too, though. That way the community can come up with ideas around the foundation and become the true lifeblood of the idea. It gives it much more heart, too.

I'd support it if it was fleshed out, but at the same time I would ask if we really even needed an "alt" for biomes, and I would rather it be in every map, just the "other side" of it.

Since most of the time we have corruption on one side of the map, and corruption on the other. Would make more sense to have crimson on one side, corruption on other. At least, that's how I would respond if it were a suggestion back then.
"Fleshed" out :naughty:
I'd call them crazy and tell them that the devs will never add an alt corruption.

Honestly, I never get the deal with super long suggestions. I don't have the time nor the will to read a suggestion that for all I know is :red:. I usually just skim those threads to look at the sprites, and if an item catches my eye I read about it.
It's the small, good & precise threads I enjoy the most.

I probably would support the crimson I suppose.

Seeing as the main reason people seem to like the Crimson is because of the better loot it gives in comparison to the Corruption, and the fact I think the Corruption is generally more advanced and in-depth, I would have said, "Meh, if you want." The only reason that would hold any ground is the fact that it makes playthroughs a little more unique, but it got to the point where I'd be annoyed that I didn't get the Corruption on my world.

I wouldn't have read it as I like suggestions to be like screenplays, barebones with plenty of room for the developers to use their own imagination.

But if I did bother I would have said the same as you, "everything in one world, no alternates". I would have suggested making the Crimson a biome deep in the Underground somewhere or HM exclusive.

They also forgot to add the alternatives for Vile Mushrooms, Deathweed, Worm Teeth, Unholy Water, and a Mech Brain, so no doubt peeps would have pulled them up on that. ;)

I never really cared for alternate biome suggestions, in my opinion it's almost always better to just have them as separate biomes that don't replace anything. The only reason I would even consider them is because we already have the crimson, so I definitely wouldn't have supported it back in the day if it was replacing the corruption.

A ton of alt Corruption and Hallow suggestions have come out, but what would you think if the original-- the Crimson; came out as a suggestion thread back in the day, with pretty much every detail, sprites and all?

While I love the Crimson right now, I'd probably object to the thread, due to one thing: I thought that we needed to have everything be obtainable on 1 world. Back in 1.1, when I saw a screenshot of the Underground Snow, I freaked for that reason. Snow biomes were only obtainable on 33.33% of worlds created during the Christmas season. So, I thought that it would stay that way, and not everyone would have access to everything (which was true, but for a different reason).

A few other reasons one may not support it:
  • A flesh-themed biome seemed over-the-top at the time, even for Terraria.
  • "Brain of Cthulhu". Really original fight, but still, more body parts of Cthulhu? Really?
  • "Golden Shower". Keep in mind that no items had innuendo names back then.
Of course, I know how detailed the suggestion would be, so that might entice people. Either way, it'd be completely unique at the time, so what would you think?
I would have been like 'most detailed and well thought out suggestion ever'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom