Casual In an all-out war, would Voldemort or Sauron win?

Who would win?

• Sauron

• Voldemort

• Stalemate.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morgoth

Terrarian
I got into this debate yesterday with a friend, and he claimed that Voldemort would win. I claimed the opposite, and we fell into a huge argument over it. So, people of TCF, what are your opinions?

EDIT: This is a war, not a one-on-one deathmatch.

Last edited:
Reactions: jol
Gotta love happy endings! :dryadpassionate:
Not happy enough. I say Kamijou Touma should jump in first, punch them to the face and everyone ends up good because of nakama.

OT: Voldermort seemed too much like a dark lord wannabe to me. The same goes for his gaggle of pure-bloods. Sauron on the other hand... Actually, I don't think much was disclosed about him, so a slightly mysterious figure = stronger.

And yes, I read the books.

Joke answer aside? They're both equally lame to me.

- They both got killed and need some contrived backup plan to revive.
- They both depend on inept lackeys for their plans to succeed.
- They are both so full of themselves that they don't even realize what caused their undoing.
- Due to all the buildup the books give on them, telling us how awesome and Evil Incarnate they are, both disappoint. Sauron for not even getting to revive hence all his "might" is never shown, and Voldemort's powers are quite underwhelming.

OT: Voldermort seemed too much like a dark lord wannabe to me. The same goes for his gaggle of pure-bloods. Sauron on the other hand... Actually, I don't think much was disclosed about him, so a slightly mysterious figure = stronger.

And yes, I read the books.
Now this I agree with. Voldemort seemed to me more like he wasn't entirely under his own control, though.

Joke answer aside? They're both equally lame to me.

- They both got killed and need some contrived backup plan to revive.
- They both depend on inept lackeys for their plans to succeed.
- They are both so full of themselves that they don't even realize what caused their undoing.
- Due to all the buildup the books give on them, telling us how awesome and Evil Incarnate they are, both disappoint. Sauron for not even getting to revive hence all his "might" is never shown, and Voldemort's powers are quite underwhelming.

Umm... You do realize that at MULTIPLE points (in the books, mind you, not the Peter Jackson movies), Sauron was said to have regained most of his power, both personal and military, and did assume physical form? That, and Sauron (and his original master, whom my account is named after) was always someone for manipulating others to do his job, and not him in person. (Plus, Sauron's a Maia, and as such can't be killed by some 72-year old master wizard, or indeed just about anything, but......)

Last edited:
you think this sounds cool, but then you realize that one of them was killed by a small group of midgets, and the other one was killed by some dorky kids.

besides, if you think of this logically, Mouldymalts comes from a universe with an insta kill admin gun spell. (which to his credit is smart for spamming)

then again, I know jack :red: about Lord of the Rings, so for all I know, Sauron could also have some sort of OHKO death ray that splits particles in half.

you think this sounds cool, but then you realize that one of them was killed by a small group of midgets, and the other one was killed by some dorky kids.

besides, if you think of this logically, Mouldymalts comes from a universe with an insta kill admin gun spell. (which to his credit is smart for spamming)

then again, I know jack :red: about Lord of the Rings, so for all I know, Sauron could also have some sort of OHKO death ray that splits particles in half.

Well, first, Sauron didn't really 'die', he was reduced to little more than a inconsequential shadow (at least I got that from the book), so that's down the drain, second, spells are shown to have little to no effect on Sauron and the Ainur in general, so Voldemort may as well have shouted 'abracadabra' for all it would do, third, Sauron doesn't really have one, but this isn't a one-on-one deathmatch, it's a war, so it doesn't really matter.

Voldemort and Sauron? Heh, both are pretty strong entities, Voldemort possibly being one of the most powerful dark wizards of HP's universe, while Sauron is the second dark lord in LoTR.
I think that Sauron would win, I mean, look at Voldemort: he might have all those cool wizarding powers and stuff, but he is just a mortal wizard. Sauron, on the other hand, is a fallen maia. Voldemort is just some guy who broke his soul into some horcruxes, and wants to kill some kids. Yeah, he may be the most powerful dark wizard of HP's universe, but Sauron is a terribly overpowered evil demigod-level being.
In an all out war, there's really no way of telling who would win, but I'd still bet on Sauron.

Now, if we were talking about a swag war, Sauron totally owns Voldemort:
yRU5gdU.png
7t8YmVr.png

Look at how much cooler and ''Dark Lordey'' he looks like.

Voldemort and Sauron? Heh, both are pretty strong entities, Voldemort possibly being one of the most powerful dark wizards of HP's universe, while Sauron is the second dark lord in LoTR.
I think that Sauron would win, I mean, look at Voldemort: he might have all those cool wizarding powers and stuff, but he is just a mortal wizard. Sauron, on the other hand, is a fallen maia. Voldemort is just some guy who broke his soul into some horcruxes, and wants to kill some kids. Yeah, he may be the most powerful dark wizard of HP's universe, but Sauron is a terribly overpowered evil demigod-level being.
In an all out war, there's really no way of telling who would win, but I'd still bet on Sauron.

Now, if we were talking about a swag war, Sauron totally owns Voldemort:
yRU5gdU.png
7t8YmVr.png

Look at how much cooler and ''Dark Lordey'' he looks like.

I actually think a war would be the safest bet for Sauron winning, whereas Voldy would come closest to winning in a one-on-one deathmatch, but otherwise I agree with this.

Really it depends on context.
You got a master Deathknight lord versus a Master dark arts whizzard.
If it's ranged Voldy could definitely do some damage.
But take into account Sauron's Bamf armor and his mace.
It wouldn't leave a scratch.
All he-who-shall-not-be-named has is a tablecloth for a robe and a chicken bone for a wand.
After Sauron is finished a nose won't be the only thing he would be missing.

Back
Top Bottom