Casual In an all-out war, would Voldemort or Sauron win?

Who would win?

• Sauron

• Voldemort

• Stalemate.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gondor? No no no. The king of Gondor almost killed one of their greatest fighters and his son, Farmirmar, and gave up on his city. The Shire had no reason to worry because it didn't know what it would worry about. And not everyone they came across was friendly, most of the time they came across barren lands that seemed to want to kill them through nature itself.

Gondor? No no no. The king of Gondor almost killed one of their greatest fighters and his son, Farmirmar, and gave up on his city. The Shire had no reason to worry because it didn't know what it would worry about. And not everyone they came across was friendly, most of the time they came across barren lands that seemed to want to kill them through nature itself.

i mean that most of the towns and stuff they came across that had people were friendly, like lothlorien. and the main point of that was that voldemorts tactics were superior because he managed to turn almost the entire wizarding world against itself without even having to show himself, and sauron mainly just uses the force of his orc army to win his fights. and again, just because he's a maia doesn't mean he's automatically more powerful than voldemort.

Gods > mortals. Always. In any religion, especially Greek mythology, when morals challenge gods, they endure loss and suffering.

But this isn't the argument. Who cares how influential they are to people if they are non-fighting generals in a war.

Gods > mortals. Always. In any religion, especially Greek mythology, when morals challenge gods, they endure loss and suffering.

But this isn't the argument. Who cares how influential they are to people if they are non-fighting generals in a war.

sauron is not a god, he's one step below, basically, a demigod. a powerful wizard is on par with a demigod. just to clarify, have you not read the harry potter books? it clearly shows that voldemort is pretty dang powerful. and being influential means he can turn his enemies against each other, as shown in HP7. and the thread title clearly states "all-out", so they would have to end up fighting each other at one point or another, or nothing would ever get done. this is "would voldemort or sauron win", not "would voldemort or sauron's army win". so it has their army along with themselves, they are each capable of fighting by themselves, and it wouldn't make sense for them not to fight at all in an all-out war. and again, no one has mentioned a single power sauron is proven to have that would make him more powerful than voldemort, they just say "hes a maia they always win". and clearly, it doesn't even take a wizard to defeat him as a normal guy with a sword (isildur) effectively defeated him just by cutting off his ring finger. and voldemort with the elder wand is way more powerful than isildur.

sauron is not a god, he's one step below, basically, a demigod. a powerful wizard is on par with a demigod. just to clarify, have you not read the harry potter books? it clearly shows that voldemort is pretty dang powerful. and being influential means he can turn his enemies against each other, as shown in HP7. and the thread title clearly states "all-out", so they would have to end up fighting each other at one point or another, or nothing would ever get done. this is "would voldemort or sauron win", not "would voldemort or sauron's army win". so it has their army along with themselves, they are each capable of fighting by themselves, and it wouldn't make sense for them not to fight at all in an all-out war. and again, no one has mentioned a single power sauron is proven to have that would make him more powerful than voldemort, they just say "hes a maia they always win". and clearly, it doesn't even take a wizard to defeat him as a normal guy with a sword (isildur) effectively defeated him just by cutting off his ring finger. and voldemort with the elder wand is way more powerful than isildur.
Actually they have, but you joined the thread without reading everything up to that point.

Sauron never had to show his powers, his army was too powerful. The only power he's actually shown is his power of manipulation. And if Sauron was on the battlefield, goodbye Death Eaters. And no, I haven't read HP, but I know enough of LoTR to enter this. And still demigod > wizard. Half god equals immortality.

It would seem that if Sauron really got fed up he could just hole up inside his impenetrable fortress known as Barad-dur and outlast Voldemort sheerly by beig immortal. Voldemort, being mortal, is still able to die. Not so with Sauron. This is just last his last result if 200 people somehow manage kill billions of orcs, trolls, goblins, Easterlings, Umbarians, Oliphaunts, Nazgul, Fell Beasts, Watchers, and all the other various greeblies he has assembled.

I think you guys are giving a total lack of credit to the number of death eaters at Voldemort's disposal. In the 7th movie, when they are attacking the castle, the camera can't even capture all of the death eaters in a shot... well over around 100 which is generally what is being said. I'd say he has ~500 death eaters, which would make a HUGE difference against a million orcs. That's 2000 kills per death eater, and that's for 100% fatality. It seems to be that Sauron's numbers would be dwindled much faster than the general consensus gives credit. Voldemort also controls 100s of dementors, each one fully capable of incapacitating any unit... however, this assumes that the unit has a soul, and I'd also vouch that no orc or nazgul has a soul.

I think you guys are giving a total lack of credit to the number of death eaters at Voldemort's disposal. In the 7th movie, when they are attacking the castle, the camera can't even capture all of the death eaters in a shot... well over around 100 which is generally what is being said. I'd say he has ~500 death eaters, which would make a HUGE difference against a million orcs. That's 2000 kills per death eater, and that's for 100% fatality. It seems to be that Sauron's numbers would be dwindled much faster than the general consensus gives credit. Voldemort also controls 100s of dementors, each one fully capable of incapacitating any unit... however, this assumes that the unit has a soul, and I'd also vouch that no orc or nazgul has a soul.
Actually, I suspect that around hald of those are just hired mercenaries or something, because they seem to be overwhelmingly incompetent.

Orcs seem to have a soul, no matter how evil and what disgusting means produced them. But I'm going off strict book canon, where Leinfors has said he has roughly 50 at his disposal. I haven't read the books so I wouldn't know however, but I've done pretty well in the argument so far if I do say so myself.

Actually they have, but you joined the thread without reading everything up to that point.

i read the whole thread, but they never listed specific powers sauron had as a maia. if you know of any, please tell me. can he shoot lightning bolts? can he incinerate things? can he make things explode? you never mention these things, you just say "he's more powerful". you never mention the exact reason why he is more powerful.

Sauron never had to show his powers, his army was too powerful. The only power he's actually shown is his power of manipulation. And if Sauron was on the battlefield, goodbye Death Eaters. And no, I haven't read HP, but I know enough of LoTR to enter this. And still demigod > wizard. Half god equals immortality.

because you havent read harry potter, you never see what voldemort is capable of, neither do you know of the power of the elder wand. and voldemort never showed his true power either, he just did a 1v1 with harry, and harry could not be killed by the elder wand as it was technically his. with voldemort in full swing, he would annilhate the orcs. and you say half god equals immortality, so wouldn't that mean that frodo couldn't kill him just by destroying the ring?

but isildur managed to cripple him just by cutting his ring finger, and after that he was finished off just by frodo destroying the ring. even when all his horcruxes were destroyed, voldemort was still alive. sauron died immediately when the ring was destroyed. and do you know which half of sauron is god, and which is mortal? he would have some of the abilities of a god, but in smaller quantities. so it doesn't specifically say that he's immortal.

It would seem that if Sauron really got fed up he could just hole up inside his impenetrable fortress known as Barad-dur and outlast Voldemort sheerly by beig immortal. Voldemort, being mortal, is still able to die. Not so with Sauron. This is just last his last result if 200 people somehow manage kill billions of orcs, trolls, goblins, Easterlings, Umbarians, Oliphaunts, Nazgul, Fell Beasts, Watchers, and all the other various greeblies he has assembled.

he has at least 200 death eaters, who are powerful and intelligent wizards with far more abilities than a normal person. each one of them can, for instance, summon fiendfyre, which alone could kill thousands of orcs per cast. and voldemort showed no signs of aging, even though he was about 71. his horcruxes made it extremely hard to kill him, and also prevented old age from killing him. sauron also would not be immortal if the ring was destroyed, and since it was basically a horcrux, voldemort would know how to destroy it.

and no, there are not billions. there's only about 7 billion people on the world right now, so saurons orcs would number only in the thousands. and as well as at least 200 gifted death eaters, voldemort has thousands of dementors(even just they alone would severely demoralize the enemy), tons of inferi, trolls and giants, werewolves, and likely even more.

Actually, I suspect that around hald of those are just hired mercenaries or something, because they seem to be overwhelmingly incompetent.

dude, you just described every orc ever.

Orcs seem to have a soul, no matter how evil and what disgusting means produced them. But I'm going off strict book canon, where Leinfors has said he has roughly 50 at his disposal. I haven't read the books so I wouldn't know however, but I've done pretty well I the argument so far if I do say so myself.

in the book, the dementors were breeding like crazy, so i'd say he would have at least a thousand, probably more. and again, he has thousands of inferi, and they're almost unstoppable.

i read the whole thread, but they never listed specific powers sauron had as a maia. if you know of any, please tell me. can he shoot lightning bolts? can he incinerate things? can he make things explode? you never mention these things, you just say "he's more powerful". you never mention the exact reason why he is more powerful.

because you havent read harry potter, you never see what voldemort is capable of, neither do you know of the power of the elder wand. and voldemort never showed his true power either, he just did a 1v1 with harry, and harry could not be killed by the elder wand as it was technically his. with voldemort in full swing, he would annilhate the orcs. and you say half god equals immortality, so wouldn't that mean that frodo couldn't kill him just by destroying the ring?

but isildur managed to cripple him just by cutting his ring finger, and after that he was finished off just by frodo destroying the ring. even when all his horcruxes were destroyed, voldemort was still alive. sauron died immediately when the ring was destroyed. and do you know which half of sauron is god, and which is mortal? he would have some of the abilities of a god, but in smaller quantities. so it doesn't specifically say that he's immortal.

he has at least 200 death eaters, who are powerful and intelligent wizards with far more abilities than a normal person. each one of them can, for instance, summon fiendfyre, which alone could kill thousands of orcs per cast. and voldemort showed no signs of aging, even though he was about 71. his horcruxes made it extremely hard to kill him, and also prevented old age from killing him. sauron also would not be immortal if the ring was destroyed, and since it was basically a horcrux, voldemort would know how to destroy it.

and no, there are not billions. there's only about 7 billion people on the world right now, so saurons orcs would number only in the thousands. and as well as at least 200 gifted death eaters, voldemort has thousands of dementors(even just they alone would severely demoralize the enemy), tons of inferi, trolls and giants, werewolves, and likely even more.

dude, you just described every orc ever.

in the book, the dementors were breeding like crazy, so i'd say he would have at least a thousand, probably more. and again, he has thousands of inferi, and they're almost unstoppable.
*tsk tsk* You say "Vodly would know!" then say we must explain Sauron's powers. Wut.

well sauron was able to completelydestroy gandalfs staff in the hobbit and than was able to use his persuading magic to make a ring that could cause people to kill eachither he's obviouslya good enchanter and than was able to shapesfith but lost that he is a great melee fighter as seen in the beginningof the lotr movie the fellowship of the ring in which he knicked dozens of men feet away all at once and has the power to influence his own brothering like sauriman I think into serving him and just his very present cause corruption and must be a good blacksmith because he made a good ring and im guessing made his armor and had enough intelligence to use his immortality to learn skills but like most villanes tends to underestimate things which is why he was destroyed this trait is shared with voldermote

Also, might I add (being the annoying guy in the corner, muahaha) that Voldemort's minions are for the most part human, therefore, being extremely weak to the allure and ensuing enslavement to the Ring.
true he could turn that wizards own minions against him

Back
Top Bottom